I-130 for Consular Processing

Just a comment. Reading this thread...I CAN"T BELIEVE the priorities... Immigration law needs to be reformed. Mothers/Fathers of USC getting priority over a LPR WIFE???? It doesn't make sense. We need to get rid of the family re-unification clause. Spouse and kids only. Spouse should be automatic. No long wait. Others on merit. Need point based and merit based system bringing the people we need to fill jobs.

USCIS: You delayed me for 2 needless years in NC for N-400. How about some service on my I-130???

This is one main reason to become USC. USC will always get priority over LPR and I don't think a reform will gonna change that either. Just think it this way, if you are an USC and applying for your wife. Do you want to have to same dateline as an LPR applying for his wife? USC, you are part of this country, LPRs...in governemnt's view, still a foreigner even you have contributed millions of taxes.

This is one main reason to become USC. USC will always get priority over LPR and I don't think a reform will gonna change that either. Just think it this way, if you are an USC and applying for your wife. Do you want to have to same dateline as an LPR applying for his wife? USC, you are part of this country, LPRs...in governemnt's view, still a foreigner even you have contributed millions of taxes.

My husband is a US citizen applying for an I130 for me to move there. So of course I would expect it to move quicker than any other type of visa application! especially a mother/father of an over 21 year old!! My daughter is 2 and can't be with her father cause of these rules.. she could be legally as she is a us citizen too, but then she would not be with me. Crazy...our kind of situation should be a priority and if CSC is fastest then it should have been forwarded there!

leginshaw & stolenchalupa - hey it is none of your problem if people are sponsoring their mothers and fathers. The USC is more bothered about fake marriages or marriages of convenience that take place for a US green card that is the main reason that there is a delay in processing for spouses. There is nothing wrong in what the service centers are doing and there has always been cases where marriages have been done for convenience. You have no business on commentting on what people are doing for their parents. It is admirable in this modern age that people do care about their parents and want to serve them during their old age.

leginshaw & stolenchalupa - hey it is none of your problem if people are sponsoring their mothers and fathers. The USC is more bothered about fake marriages or marriages of convenience that take place for a US green card that is the main reason that there is a delay in processing for spouses. There is nothing wrong in what the service centers are doing and there has always been cases where marriages have been done for convenience. You have no business on commentting on what people are doing for their parents. It is admirable in this modern age that people do care about their parents and want to serve them during their old age.

FYI alakananda...I quote myself "(no offense meant at those people personally) ". This is a forum where people can express their opinions, I am not saying what people are doing is wrong, I also think it is admirable, its just a shame that for people like myself, who have been married for 3 1/2 years to an american citizen, and who I have a family with, have to wait so long and be apart in the process, that there is no process where it can be moved along faster with my circumstances. I am sorry that you felt the need to respond in this way, as I was not meaning to offend anyone.

Hello, I'm applying for my parents immigration visa and I don't have their birth certificates.

I read in one of the forum that in the absence birth-certificate. I have to submit one certificate of non-availability and 2-affidavit for each of my parents.

Since my parents are in 50s. they don't have their parents around to be on affidavit. Can they their siblings to be on the affidavit to proof their birth place/date.

One question I have is that my parent siblings are only 3-6 years older than my parents. Can they be the witness of their birth then on the affidavit?

I will appreciate any responses.

Thanks,
-xplorer.

Even if you send in 2 affidavits from relatives for birth & marriage certificates it does not matter they still send a RFE saying that you have to get the birth certificates & marriage certificates.
I have been exploring on a couple of forums and also at murthy.com it is necessary that a non availability of birth certificate be obtained else it will lead to delays. Also a non availability of birth certificate from the Indian Embassy is not supposed to be good enough as a reponse to the RFE as some people have quoted.
I am in the same boat as to how do we try to get a NABC for my parents and have not come up with any solutions for it. They were born in a village about 60+ years back and it might not be possible to obtain the certificate. I am running out of options any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't you get NABC from the city where your parents are living. Why do you have to go all the way to the village where your parents were born to get NABC?

I got NABC for my parents from the city (Lahore, Pakistan) where they are living. I hope it works.

Also, my original question still remains that their siblings are only 3-6 years old. So, will their witness on affidavit would work. Or I have to someone much older.

Thanks.

Just a comment. Reading this thread...I CAN"T BELIEVE the priorities... Immigration law needs to be reformed. Mothers/Fathers of USC getting priority over a LPR WIFE???? It doesn't make sense. We need to get rid of the family re-unification clause. Spouse and kids only. Spouse should be automatic. No long wait. Others on merit. Need point based and merit based system bringing the people we need to fill jobs.

USCIS: You delayed me for 2 needless years in NC for N-400. How about some service on my I-130???

I found this post a little aggressive !!!! Why do you want "SPOUSES AND KIDS ONLY" to immigrate in US ? Do you think the US has open the family visa system just to fill the jobs ? What do you make of this slow economy and high job loss rate?

I think your post should say "Process spouses and kids as fast as parents of US citizens". As far as LPR is concerned, they have no priority over USC because every LPR can become USC unless something is wrong with him/her (Doesn't want to be a USC or doesn't want to learn english or has a problem with background etc ..). I think Americans want to give priority to those who are already USC.

Thanks for your response. The city where they are living now does not know what a NABC is as they have never issued one before . I am trying to get the format for a NABC and got a couple of links in this portal .
Your parents siblings providing an affidavit should be fine as long as they are not going to get any immediate immigration benefits by being a witness.
If your parents have any uncles or aunts on paternal and maternal side it helps betters. As you have mentioned that the siblings are only 3-6 years old so a question could come up as to whether they remember the birth event when they were that young. Ofcourse this depends on the immigration officer as to if he is going to be really strict.
The above line is my own thought process but any affidavit should be good if you can get it easily without wasting any time.
Just make sure that you do put in the NABC when you send all the originals after the I130 approval

FYI alakananda...I quote myself "(no offense meant at those people personally) ". This is a forum where people can express their opinions, I am not saying what people are doing is wrong, I also think it is admirable, its just a shame that for people like myself, who have been married for 3 1/2 years to an american citizen, and who I have a family with, have to wait so long and be apart in the process, that there is no process where it can be moved along faster with my circumstances. I am sorry that you felt the need to respond in this way, as I was not meaning to offend anyone.

Welcome to the club "leighannshaw79". There is very little you can do to change how USCIS handles immigration processes and there are some other factors involved with the timeline that you should consider (ex. numbers of petitions being filed prior to yours, current USCIS's internal policies regarding back logs, etc) . Everyone here has to go through the same pain that you are going through right now, regardless of types of relationship (parents/spouse/children). No one should assume (or believe) that their cases are more important than others nor the pain and frustration are any greater. Let's not express our opinions in the way that can really hurt other people's feelings!

p.s. I understand that you didn't mean it but still...it's painful (at least for me) to read your posts.

Welcome to the club "leighannshaw79". There is very little you can do to change how USCIS handles immigration processes and there are some other factors involved with the timeline that you should consider (ex. numbers of petitions being filed prior to yours, current USCIS's internal policies regarding back logs, etc) . Everyone here has to go through the same pain that you are going through right now, regardless of types of relationship (parents/spouse/children). No one should assume (or believe) that their cases are more important than others nor the pain and frustration are any greater. Let's not express our opinions in the way that can really hurt other people's feelings!

p.s. I understand that you didn't mean it but still...it's painful (at least for me) to read your posts.

I am very sorry for offending or hurting anyone, I truly am. As you know it is very hard to sit and wait for something like this and not have any idea of what is happening or how long it is going to take. I do sincerely apologize and I also sympathize with everyone in this same situation.

OK, First I want to thank everybody sharing all the info, it help so much!

My I130 was recieved by USCIS on Nov/20/2009

Just today I recieved this update:

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Case approval certified and sent for review.

On March 25, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appropriate appellate body for review. They will notify you directly when they make a final decision.

Does anybody knows what's next?

VERMONT CENTER

I am very sorry for offending or hurting anyone, I truly am. As you know it is very hard to sit and wait for something like this and not have any idea of what is happening or how long it is going to take. I do sincerely apologize and I also sympathize with everyone in this same situation.

Once the paperworks are filed..all we could do is WAIT. No execption to USC either, they will also have to wait. It's just LPRs are waiting a little longer. :)

good morning,
i have a question regarding petition for parents.
i would like to apply for a GC for my mom (i'm citizen) but here is my question: if she gets her GC, can she stay outside the us for more than 6 months?
any replies will be much appreciated.
thanks.

Yes she can there is a form that can be filled out and you could remain out for upto 2 years. If you are going in for CP then she will have to get into the US in 6 months time after approval.
It would be preferable that she does not stay out for more than 6 months as then the number of months outside the US does not get counted towards applying for citizenship.

also, i have another question. if i apply for the GC for my mom, can she still apply for a visa in the meantime? i mean, before she gets the approval for GC.
sorry for bothering you guys. i'm just not familiar with all these procedures.
thanks.

You need to decide as to whether you are planning to go for a CP or AOS for your mother.
If it is AOS then she will need to get a visa and come here, after about 3 months of her visit you can go ahead and apply for GC. Make sure that if you apply for AOS that you have all the douments that you need to make an application in the US.
If you apply for CP then whenever if you plan to apply for a visa you need to mention in the visa application document that "whether an immigrant visa has been applied for" - you will have to say "yes" to the question and this "might" cause a visa rejection . After the CP application is made it is not advisable to travel on a visitor visa to the US as has been mentioned in a couple of chat forums.

Hello everyone; just want to share with everyone that in my case, NVC has sent every package (DS3230, DS AOS bill and DS230 bill) through my email! which is making everything so much faster. Right now I am waiting for my mom's civil documents and then I will finish with my part unless they need anything else from me.

Paying I-864 Fee Bill ($70)

Ok, I know I need to pay a total of $70 for both my parents. When I send the payment by mail, I have an option to just include one cashier's check of $70 with both invoices. But when paying online, it seems as if there isn't an option to enter two case numbers (for both Mom and Dad). Why is that?

Seems that I have to send by mail if I want to save $70. PLEASE CONFIRM