I-130 for Consular Processing

i have 2 make a trip to india for document collection and another one to bring my mom here after the interview.

How about one for the interview day? I would rather go for the interview instead of "after the interview".

And do you remember the medical check-up when you got your GC? My parents will HATE me after that medical check-up. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

They will send you a package with the DS230 bill and two enveloppes (One for payment and one for the documents). You don't have to wait for this package to send your documents in. You can pay online using the I-864 login infos and send the documents in a regular enveloppe with the document cover sheet after 2 to 3 days. You don't need to wait for the DS230 unless you are paying by money order which is a totally different long.

That is what I did. This is another shortcut.

fbanna, You are a genius! :D Thanks for the info. I have to wait on my mom to send me her documents, so, it will probably take me another 1-2 weeks before I can send the DS230 to the NVC. BTW, I just checked on the case status via the phone and they are sending me something yesterday. I will keep you guys updated once I receive it in the mail.

hi chonty, welcome on board to participate fully (read + write).. :) thanks for the great info and link. infact, i searched country specific info and could not find it.

No problem! ;) and thanks for the welcoming. It helps reduce the stress knowing that you are not alone during any immigration processes. :)

I am glad to say that i finally got some good news...

1. My case is finally viewable online, after exactly 2 months of NOA1
2. My case got transferred to CSC woohoo....

Hey i am on the same boat.
same thing for me i applied for my wife and just got a email today saying case got transferred to CSC. Hopefully it gets processes faster their.

I-130 sent for Wife:

11.11.08 - Sent application I-130 to Chicago lockbox
11.12.08 - Application received @ Chicago lockbox
11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1
11.21.08 - Application at VSC
01.14.09 - Transferred to CSC

I filed for my wife's stand alone I-130 in August and heard nothing so far. Just got my NOA1 and case appeared online. Still waiting to see when I get any update from USCIS

Ok, here's an update; Basically, the NVC sent me the IV Fee Bill and another envelope that I can use to send the DS-230 and civil documents to them. As fbanna has already pointed out that this package from the NVC is not that important if you pay the IV fee online and have all the documents ready to go. Right now I am just waiting on some documents from my mom.

I-130 for Wife

Even though my case is not approved from USCIS. I want to get all the documents ready for the NVC process. So I contacted NVC today just to get some info about the documents to submit with the DS230. They said it is better to submit the originals except the Passport you can send a copy of that and you don't have to translate the birth certificate anymore either. NVC seems flexible so far. Also this website is very helpful check it out.
http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut
It gives shortcuts and tells you step by step process.

11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1
01.14.09 - Transferred to CSC(hopefully gets approved soon from CSC)

Just make sure USPS or Fedex doesn't loose the originals. If it happens, they will only reimburse you $100.00 by the carrier and that is it. Note that NVC accepts certified copies for all documents. Originals can be provided at interview by the applicant. Juist an advice.

How long to get DS230 package?

Hi All,

I just paid my IV bill. How long does it take the DS230 package to be generated / mailed to me (I'm my wife's agent).

The reason we need the physical copy is...for her to get a police report in her country (Hong Kong), she needs to show the police the NVC document saying "we need a police report".

I wish we could start the police report process sooner...that will be the only holdup.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I just paid my IV bill. How long does it take the DS230 package to be generated / mailed to me (I'm my wife's agent).

The reason we need the physical copy is...for her to get a police report in her country (Hong Kong), she needs to show the police the NVC document saying "we need a police report".

I wish we could start the police report process sooner...that will be the only holdup.

Thanks!

After you paid your IV bill, log back into the NVC site in 2-3 days, you can then print out your document cover sheet. There's a link there where you can click and get all the necessary forms and instructions. For HK, if you need to show reason and proof inorder to obtain the police report, you can send your wife a copy of the approved I-130 then she can show it to the police authority that she's on an US immigration visa process and needed the good of conduct police report.

Hi Guys,

I need help. I got a receipt for my Parents I-130 from VSC. The problem is that on the receipt for my mother case they listed my father name as her Ist name (Please note she don't have any Ist name just family name). Is this an issue? Should I call USCIS and correct that error? Please advice.

Hi Guys,

I need help. I got a receipt for my Parents I-130 from VSC. The problem is that on the receipt for my mother case they listed my father name as her Ist name (Please note she don't have any Ist name just family name). Is this an issue? Should I call USCIS and correct that error? Please advice.

Call USCIS to ask and correct if necessary. that is a very rare situation. My guess is that they will end up using the name as it will appear on her passport.

Wife's I-130

I-130 Receipt Date: 04/02/2008
On becoming US Citizen, upgrade I-130 Status from Relative of Permanent Resident to Immidiate Relative of US Citizen: 9/17/2008
I-130 Approval: 11/07/2008
NVC Entered Case: 11/12/2008
DS-3032 and AOS Fee Generated: 11/18/2008
AOS Fee Paid Online: 11/19/2008
DS-3032 Emailed: 11/26/2008
DS-3032 Accepted: 12/5/2008
IV Bill Generated: 12/5/2008
IV Bill Paid Online: 12/5/2008
IV Fee Accepted: 12/8/2008
Received DS-230 Packet: 12/22/2008
Sent SD-230 and Civil Documents: 12/31/2008
NVC received DS-230 and Documents: 1/02/2009
DS-230 and Documents entered on NVC system: 1/05/2009
Case Complete: 01/07/2009
NVC Sent Interview Letter: 1/12/2009
Received Interview Letter: 1/16/2009
Interview: 2/16/2009 (Interview Post: Dhaka, Bangladesh)

Can anyone please tell me how do I know when the case # will be assigned by NVC after my 130 is approved? Will I receive a mail?

Thanks!

Can anyone please tell me how do I know when the case # will be assigned by NVC after my 130 is approved? Will I receive a mail?

Thanks!

Call NVC customer service line at 603-334-0700 and press 1- 1-1 input your USCIS case number to get a status on your case. If the case number is already assigned, you will get it right away.

By the way, i got a call from my mother telling me that the medical exam was completed today. It took 12 hours (07:00 AM to 07:00 PM). They had to wait for lab reults to complete the analyses.

In two weeks, it will be over (hopefully).

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi all I am new here. I am glad to see this thread . I have a questions:

I have petitioned for My Spouse as a USC on October 25th,'08. I recived NOA1 on November 5, '08. the case status was not available on line for a long time. Today when checked , I was able to see a note that is as below:

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Does that mean it is transferred to CSC or VSC. How does one know the petition infact is transferred to CSC.

Please accept my advance thanks to any help or replies

Fbanna79, thank you so much!

I just did what you said and got the case #. I guess the next thing I need to do is to email NVC after ds-3032 is received. Since NVC will send me a copy as well, can I take action right after I get the form regardless if my mom gets it or not?

Call NVC customer service line at 603-334-0700 and press 1- 1-1 input your USCIS case number to get a status on your case. If the case number is already assigned, you will get it right away.

By the way, i got a call from my mother telling me that the medical exam was completed today. It took 12 hours (07:00 AM to 07:00 PM). They had to wait for lab reults to complete the analyses.

In two weeks, it will be over (hopefully).

Hi all I am new here. I am glad to see this thread . I have a questions:

I have petitioned for My Spouse as a USC on October 25th,'08. I recived NOA1 on November 5, '08. the case status was not available on line for a long time. Today when checked , I was able to see a note that is as below:

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Does that mean it is transferred to CSC or VSC. How does one know the petition infact is transferred to CSC.

Please accept my advance thanks to any help or replies

If you applied at the VSC that means your case it at CSC now. Same thing happened with me. But I wonder how long it takes now to get approved. Does anyone have any ideas?

11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1
01.19.09 - This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.(hopefully gets approved soon)

If you applied at the VSC that means your case it at CSC now. Same thing happened with me. But I wonder how long it takes now to get approved. Does anyone have any ideas?

11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1
01.19.09 - This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.(hopefully gets approved soon)

Your case is already approved. It's just a matter of document processing by the NVC. Once all the required documents is received and fees are paid, the NVC will transfer your case over to the embassy for immigration visa interview.