I-130 for Consular Processing

Hello,

I've some questions, hope someone can help me! I would really appreciate that!

My husband has filed I-130 for his parents and it got approved today for both. USCIS says approval notice has been sent.

Now, the scenario is my husband doesn't work and has not been working for a while due to illness. I gather if someone is Co-sponsoring that is fine ( I've co-sponsored myself, signed Affidavid of support form, but then hubby used to work) How does that work when petitioner makes $0.00? Anyone knows? What is the 864 form? Is tht the Aff. of Support? I've read few pages on this thread and I think, I've seen something along the line 864 being approved..I'm, not sure what that means (I got gc through aos, so cp seems much different).

Now, to top it off, husband is in back home at this moment, for a recovery purpose as I was unable to take care of him since I work f/t. I'm getting very anxious and overwhelmed with this whole thing. I make sufficient money and will be able to sponsor two of them. Right now, I'm just very worried about hubby not working part and USCIS rejecting this case! Any advice?

Thanks!

The I-864 is the affidavit of support form. You can download a copy and try to see if you qualify. Since your husband is sponsoring 2 parents, you must have a household income of at least 29,000 per year. If you meet that, you can fill the I-864, listing your husband's income as 0. I don't think it is require that the petitionner must make income to sponsor. If he doesn't work, he can use you as co-sponsor, and since you leave in the same household, it will be much easier.

PS: Make sure you read the I-864 very carefully. It is a contract between you and the petitionnee.

Folks, a lot of us are sponsoring our parents. Has anyone figure out how to deal with health insurance when his mother/father get here ?

I am a little worried about that since health care is so expensive and insurance premiums are also killing, especially if one has a pre-condition.

Please, let's share ideas on this matter.

fbanna79, thank you very much! I really appreciate your response! That's a relief for now to know it's ok if petitioner makes $0.00 as long as co-sponser has sufficient income! Thanks a bunch for that info. I am able to co-sponsor both my in-laws thanks to God!

Thanks!

Folks, a lot of us are sponsoring our parents. Has anyone figure out how to deal with health insurance when his mother/father get here ?

fbanna,

Its different for each state. NJ has a law where any individual can buy insurance under the individual heath care plan. I got rates about 6 months ago, and it was about 600-700 for single person and about 1300 for husband / wife (i.e. both parents). The plans are different, but this range was giving good option of plans. If you are in NJ, here is the link -> http://www.state.nj.us/dobi/division_insurance/ihcseh/ihcmain.htm

Once your parents stay here for 5 years, they can become a citizen and then "buy" medicare. It will still be paid insurance as you need 40 credits in Social Security to get free (almost) medicare, but if you are a citizen, you can buy medicare plan (i.e. deal with govt instead of indipendent insurance companies).

fbanna birth certificate question

What if not able to get letter from municipality about no birth certificate? Just affidavit from relative is fine? Do i need birth certificate of mine and my mother when I apply I-130?

Thanks for your input in advance.
Priya

You will need a copy of your birth certificate when applying for your parent. If the name of your parents is different from what is on your birth certificate, you will have to justify.

You will also have submit at a certain point a certified copy of your own birth certificate and your mother's birth certificate to National Visa Center. My mother and I have already birth certificates, therefore, it was a little easier.

I think a sworn affidavit from relatives is accepted by USCIS. I don't know about NVC as I did not have to search for these options.

fbanna79, follow up question on birth certificate

thanks a lot for your immediate reply.

In fact I don't have original birth certificate and even my mother.
I submitted affidavit and a birth certificate issued from Indian Embassy when I applied for my GC.

Do I have to give original affidavit or copy of the affidavit?

any experience in this forum on birth certificate issue if they don't have original?

Thanks.

fbanna79

I am seeing your case got completed in two months since your applied I-130

what are your experience and suggestions to move things faster,

I appreciate your help.

Priya

Hi fbanna79, I am filling DS230 for both my parents. Could you help me with these questions...
1) Do I need 2 of my birth and my marriage certificates. One for father application and one for mother?
2) Since, my parents marriage was registered recently. Do I need 2 affidavits (like was asked during I-130) for each case?
3) Is there a way to link the father and mother cases together?

Thanks

priya,
i had applied for my mom in Aug. The birth certificate i had was issued in 2001 i thought that will be good enough. In sept end i recieved a letter from uscis that the birth certificate was issued over 20 years after my birth, so asked me to send other doc from school or hospital. The problem was in India only father's name shows up on school cert etc. there was an option for dna testing too. I got dna testing done, the processing of dna took 45 days. it cost like 650$ + my mom had to go to delhi embassy (not consulate even though she lives in hyd) http://www.dnacenter.com is the cheapest.
The results were sent on NOv 3 but still there is no progress. if possible try to call teh dnacenter and see if they can schedule a dna test for u and ur parent. but the dna center might ask u to submit the letter the uscis sent u. i would recommend u get the dna testing just to speed up process. When my mom went to embassy for dna testing she said there were about 15 families that were there to get tested. I think the uscis is scrutinizing the cases to avoid fraud.

regards.

fbanna79,

i have a question for you. During the interview will the embassy/consulate folks allow the petitioner to accompany the applicant into the embassy during interview? I too plan to fly to India during my mother's interview. thanks

thanks a lot for your immediate reply.

In fact I don't have birth certificate and my mother's and even my mother.
I submitted affidavit and a birth certificate issued from Indian Embassy when I applied for my GC.

Do I have to give original affidavit or copy of the affidavit?

any experience in this forum on birth certificate issue if they don't have original?

Thanks.

I had my birth certificate and my mother's and did not have to submit affidavits, so i am not sure. However, i can tell you that the embassy will require to see every document for which a certified copy has been submitted to the NVC. this applies to all documents used to establish the relationship for the i-130 as well as all documentations submitted to NVC.

Keeping the originals for interview instead of mailing them is always the smartest way as things get often lost in the mail.

hope it helps.

I am seeing your case got completed in two months since your applied I-130

what are your experience and suggestions to move things faster,

I appreciate your help.

Priya

You can fill out all two forms (DS230 and I-864) to make sure you have all required information. Send the DS230 part 1 to the petitionnee for signature and have him/her send you 2 passport photos, photocopy of passport, certified copies of birth and marriage certificates.

you may also prepare yourself for the $400.00 and 70.00 fees for NVC as well as the future medical analyses fees, if you will be paying those on behalf of your parent.

hope this helps.

congrats badprapan, i hope they would work as fast for spouse's like they do for parents.

hi dekagunda, thanks! hmmm i understand your worry.. :) i really dont understand why they take more time processing for spouse. ideally it shud be given top priority..however, due to a lot of scandals with marriage related visas, i believe it takes additional verifications.

good luck..

Congratulations Badprapan2. make sure you use the shortcuts as I did for your case to be approved much quicker by NVC. FYI, NVC schedules interviews during the 2nd week of each month for the following month. Get everything prepared such to have your case approved by mid january to be able to get a February interview.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any further help.

thanks yaar fbanna.. u r so nice. i believe wat u followed really will help me.