I-130 for Consular Processing

Thank you fbanna79, I did it! Well now we'll see how it goes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dekagunda,

Have your check got cashed yet? I sent out my application on Oct 24, but the package wasn't received until 11/3 due to stupid USPS delay. Based on what I read on this board, usually check is cashed within 5 business day. But my check is till not touched yet. I'm not sure if I should be concered.

Thanks!

dfwikea,

My check still hasn't cashed as of yesterday. I haven't checked today but am going to go check right now. They received my application on the 5th. But i'm sure with the fed being closed on veterans day my check is still not going to be cashed til sometime next week. If by friday the 21st its not cashed then I will call and see whats up.

dfwikea,

My check still hasn't cashed as of yesterday. I haven't checked today but am going to go check right now. They received my application on the 5th. But i'm sure with the fed being closed on veterans day my check is still not going to be cashed til sometime next week. If by friday the 21st its not cashed then I will call and see whats up.

It looks like the process has slowed down a bit. Maybe it's because the holidays are approaching? Anyway, give it a few more days, you check will be cashed. After all, with this kind of economy, gov needs money more than anytime. :)

I have received the receipt from Vermont Service Center. I noticed that the receipt does not have any priority date. They only provide date received. Is that common for these cases ? or was it a mistake that I need to have them correct ? Thanks

fbanna79,

I just received my NOA today. And like yours there is no Priority Date listed just received and notice date. Since your I-130 was approved recently I guess I shouldn't really be worried about a Priority Date.

Case is still not online though. Do you remember how long it took for yours to show up online after receipt?

Thanks.

fbanna79,

I just received my NOA today. And like yours there is no Priority Date listed just received and notice date. Since your I-130 was approved recently I guess I shouldn't really be worried about a Priority Date.

Case is still not online though. Do you remember how long it took for yours to show up online after receipt?

Thanks.

Dekagunda,

My case showed up online the same day I receiived it. They may have not updated the system yet, it may be there tonight or tomorrow.

As for the priority date, I didn't have one neither. I think it is because this case does not require any waiting period.

Good luck

hello fbanna79, I just wanted to ask you, after you receive the notice I-797C (that was for you on 10/14/08) then your I130 approved wasn't until next month. How does it work? and now in what is the next step for you? thanks

hello fbanna79, I just wanted to ask you, after you receive the notice I-797C (that was for you on 10/14/08) then your I130 approved wasn't until next month. How does it work? and now in what is the next step for you? thanks

Paola81,

I am myself learning as I go as this is the first time i am going through this process. I have a friend who has been through similar process for his wife and daughters and I am using his experience as go-by.

There is nothing else you can do between Notice of Recept and Approval, than waiting and praying. They can send you a request for evidence if the paperwork that you send is not complete.

After I-130 is approved is transfered to NVC does the following:

* Assigns a case number
* Sends Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your parents). The applicant selects an agent. The agent can be anyone, including the applicant. The NVC will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date.
* Sends the bill for the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support processing to the petitioner
* Sends the I-864 Forms and Instructions to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee
* Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC
* Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-230
* Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.
* Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete

The NVC process takes 2 to 6 months depending on how fast you prepare and send these forms. Then, the file is sent to the consulate to schedule a visa interview. I am hoping to complete the process in 2.5 months as we have already gathered all the information requested on the forms and obtained all the necessary paperwork.

Let me know if you have any questions.

fbanna79;
Thank you so much, I understand! You have no idea how much I appreciate all your help.:) We'll keep in touch

Fbanna79 and everyone else here, thank you so much...you guys have no idea of how much all of your informations are helping me to understand the all process. I'm on my way next month to do my interview and i know the oath will be short after that. My older son will be 21 years old in April 2009 and i'm hopping to have his I-130 approved soon after i update his case at California center after i become a citizen.
It is such a pressure on my side because i'm running against time.

Thanks Miriamtx. i wish you good luck for your interview and oath. Don't forget to come back share your timeline and experience with us.

I called the NVC automatic system today and they sent the DS3032 to my mother and myself, and they also sent me the I-864 bill to me.

I have already prepared this form in advance and I will mail it the same day I get it.

Thanks Miriamtx. i wish you good luck for your interview and oath. Don't forget to come back share your timeline and experience with us.

I called the NVC automatic system today and they sent the DS3032 to my mother and myself, and they also sent me the I-864 bill to me.

I have already prepared this form in advance and I will mail it the same day I get it.

I will be in this forum still for long time, after citizenship i have to work hard on my sons GC. So far that is how it looks.
Consular Process
Green Card for sons under 21
1st son DOB 04/19/88
2sd son DOB 06/16/89
Send I-130 July 26, 2007
I-130-priority date 08/16/07
transfered to California Service Center
Pending approval

fbanna,

thats great that the NVC sent the DS3032 to you and your mom. I hope this is the standard procedure that way i don't have to worry about my wife filling it out and it getting stuck up in the indian mail system. This way I can just fill it out myself and send it in. The DS3032 is the agent of choice form right?

Yes DS3032 is the choice of agent form. I already had my mother fill out and sign one copy. She sent it but it will take a little while to get it. Since she has one copy, I will have her fedex it to NVC as soon as I receive my copy. So, they should get it mid-week next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found an excelent information for children under 21 years of age who is about to turn 21. It is in page number 7 of this document. As soon as i become a citizen, i have to notify the imigration that my son will turn 21 in 60 days or so. If a visa number is available, it will be issued immediatelly! That is great! Here is the page.
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/not_applying_in.pdf

Hello fbanna79
Congrats on your process moving forward. I want to ask you about the DS3032 form (choice of address) you said that you and your mom were getting each a copy of the form. Do you have to fill one too? I already printed out the form from the government website but I was wondering if you must use the original that they send since it says that there should be a barcode strip at the top?

Also fbanna79, did you now that you can email the DS3032 back to NVC?people say that it's faster that way and then you get a confirmation email.

i am not sure about the barcode or the e-mail option. the reason why I haven't mailed the filled DS 3032 form is because I want to receive my copy first and make sure it is identical to the one i sent to mother.

As far as e-mailing the form is concerned, i am not exactly sure. I am going to call NVC with this question.
I will let you know what they say.

I call NVC customer service and the guy on the phone confirmed that tthe choice of agent can be done by sending an e-mail. He said it is expplained in the package how to do it.

Good deal. i will proceed that way then and save on courrier fees.