I-130 for Consular Processing

Fbanna79: Congrats. Only a month huh!!! WOW thats awesome. If you don't mind me asking where do you live and what is your local DO? Do you know if your case was transfered to California or Vermont. I hope my I-130 is approved as fast as yours.

I live in North Carolina and the I-130 was approved in Vermont. I think they approve parents and young kids 's I-130 much faster than spouses.

I have a question: My mother is married to my father and since i am petitionning my mother only, won't they ask what will happen to their marriage or if my father is ok with her moving here? My father doesn't want to move here but my mother wants.

FYI: To speed up the NVC process, i will be the agent for my mother. I have her send me all the required paperwork (notorized copies of birth certificate, notorized translation of birth certificate, police record, etc...). I also sent here a blank form DS-230 to fill out and send back to me. This way, when NVC request it, I have everything handy. I hope to reduce the timeframe by half.

do you need your mom's birth certificate? or only the petitioner's? Do I need that if my mom never changed her name?

A copy of your mother's birth certificate will be requested at a certain point by national visa center to process her DS-230 application. Your birth certificate is needed for the I-130 to establish the relationship between your mother and you.

I understand, but you were saying that you were going to get all that from you mother. My question is because I want to do the same thing as you and put myself as the agent, do I have to collect all those documents from her?, I though that she has to bring that to her interview appointment. Also about the form DS-3032, which is the choice of address, who is suppose to fill it out? you or your mother? and the form DS-230 that is sent directly to you mom right? how are you expediting that?
Thank you fbanna79
PS. I heard that there were some minimum requirement income related to the I-864, do you anything about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
DS-3032 is sent to the applicant (your mother) and at that time she can choose you as her agent. Once you become the agent, you will receive all the paperwork including DS-230 as my friend told me. With the DS-230, he say we need to submit legal copies of the applicant's birth certificate, mariage with translations. The DS-230 will be reviewed by NVC before sending it directly to the embassy. The applicant will take the original of the birth certificate and marriage for the interview.

That is what I have been told.

Oh ok! I understand So we can accelerate the process getting all those documents ready. You say that DS-3032 she is going to get it directly, and mail back to them (there's no way around that, right? just wait until she gets that on the mail) but with the other form DS-230 we can print out the forms by ourselves and send it to her and get it back in advance so that when they send us the DS-230 we'll replace them with our forms, would that work?

I don't think there is a problem having these documents pre-filled. Just tell her not to put any date for now. For DS-3032, since it is sent directly to her, I think you should have her fill it out and send it to them.

I have a question: My mother is married to my father and since i am petitionning my mother only, won't they ask what will happen to their marriage or if my father is ok with her moving here? My father doesn't want to move here but my mother wants.

In my opinion, it should not matter. It all depends on when it is convinient for your mom and your dad to move here. I think USA philosohy is that all decisions are individual and depend on each one's convinience. This is my gut feeling. I see no issue as well cause the form does not query about these things. But there is a possibility of that question at the time of interview. At that time you can say he will also move at his convinience or something. I feel you can handle it.

Good luck.

In my opinion, it should not matter. It all depends on when it is convinient for your mom and your dad to move here. I think USA philosohy is that all decisions are individual and depend on each one's convinience. This is my gut feeling. I see no issue as well cause the form does not query about these things. But there is a possibility of that question at the time of interview. At that time you can say he will also move at his convinience or something. I feel you can handle it.

Good luck.

I mean you do not have to reveal that your father does not want to move here. Only if they ask you may avert any issue by just saying he is planning to move at a later date. Hope that helps.

fbanna79,

Thanks for that info. I think I will act as my own agent in order to receive/send mail quicker. There is definately something screwed up with the Indian mail system. Haha.

Hi dekagunda,

Have your check got cashed yet? I sent out my application on Oct 24, but the package wasn't received until 11/3 due to stupid USPS delay. Based on what I read on this board, usually check is cashed within 5 business day. But my check is till not touched yet. I'm not sure if I should be concered.

Thanks!

Wait until next week and if the check is still not cashed, you can call uscis amd make inquiry.

Thank you, fbanna79! My check just got cashed this morning ... It's good to know that finally my case is in the system exactly 3 weeks after I mailed it out.

hello everyone, I sent my i130 package yesterday, so I am very excited and hope everything goes smooth and fast! I wanted to start my time line but I was wondering if there's any special way to do it so that it shows in all my threads. Well thanks and I will keep you all updated