I-130 for Consular Processing

Do u have a GC or USC ? I got married in india and having GC now I am trying to get my wife here, I know it takes about 4or 5 ers.

politicalasylum,

I am a US Citizen. I understand filing while having a green card does take a big longer then 4 to 5 years. How long before you can file for your citizenship? Once you get your USC you can upgrade your status and the case will be processed faster.

Guys,

After I got some replies that removed my dilemma. finally I sent in my application. Let us keep this thread active... :)

I-130 for Mother CP
1 Sent 11/06/08
2 Delivered ??/??/08
3 Check cashed ??/??/08
4 NOA received ??/??/08

No, you as the petitionner will receive the approval from USCIS, the I-864 and the visa bill in the US. Completing those is your responsability. She will receive the choice of agent form. If she cannot read and write, you may choose another family member as her agent. The person will receive correspondance on her behalf.

Hope it helps.

Thanks! I also learnt from one of my friends who obtained the choice of agent form that she can choose me as her agent. In that case, even those correspondance will be sent to me...Am I correct? Good news for me..

Is there instructions form for the choice of agent. We can find out from that.

Thanks! I also learnt from one of my friends who obtained the choice of agent form that she can choose me as her agent. In that case, even those correspondance will be sent to me...Am I correct? Good news for me..

Is there instructions form for the choice of agent. We can find out from that.

I would like for someone to confirm this. Can the petitioner be the agent also? I would probably do this if this option is available.

Thanks...

I submitted my I-130 for my wife in late April and received notice of receipt early May. Yet, I am still waiting for the approval. Planning to do consular processing in China.

Anyone who submitted I-130 6 months ago received approvals?

I have verified with a friend of mine who is in the final process of his wife's green card through consular processing. He was the petitionner and acted also as the agent. He say it is quicker because sending and receiving forms from NVC is much quicker and one can save 3 months.

fbanna79,

Thanks for that info. I think I will act as my own agent in order to receive/send mail quicker. There is definately something screwed up with the Indian mail system. Haha.

They (NVC) actually recommend that the agent is living in the United States for faster processing.
Good luck to All

Now, does anyone know how long it takes for I-130 to be approved ? I heard 6 months +. Is it accurate ?

I hope my wife can get here in 6+ months...from what i understand it takes 12 months atleast for spouse. So Fbanna79 I dont know how long it will take for your mother.

It doesn't take more than 6 months for I-130 to be approved. NVC Processing and interview scheduling can take another 6 months, depending on how fast you submit the documents requested.
A friend of mine put a petition for his daughter in August. The petition was approved after less than 2 months and his daughter will be here in mid-december.

I hope I get such a fast processing too.

My collegue applied in Feb for his mom and he got a RFE. It took almost 6 months. If everything is clean, it shud only take 4 months. I mean only I-130. Not included are the I-864, agent form etc. They all again depend on how fast and how clean you submit.

I can't believe it. I got the approval notice today in my mail. It is being transferred to the National Visa Center (NVC).

I can't believe it. I got the approval notice today in my mail. It is being transferred to the National Visa Center (NVC).

WOW!!! Man that is quick... I hope I get mine approved soon as well. Congratulations fbanna79! Finally we are hearing some good news.

So the choice of address and agent is sent after they approve I-130 form? and I don't understand what is the agent exactly? why do we need one?
After you sent the I-130 how long does it take until they ask for the affidavit form?
Thanks