How to revoke G-28?

Azazello

Registered Users (C)
Is there a special form for revocation of G-28 form?
If yes, where can I download it?
Otherwise, is there an example of revocation letter that really worked?

Thanks!

You should send another G-28 form in and then they will use that one. That is how you change who is allowed to legally represent you.

Thank you, darren102!
The point is, I do not have a new attorney, I am now representing myself.
Should I still use G-28?
Thanks,

File the new G-28 stating you are representing yourself and put a cover letter with it informing reader you are no longer utilizing the lawyer in the old one and all corespondance should come through you and the G-28 you file is soley for that purpose although you might not need it i would send it anyway.

how to submit G-28

I am currently in the process of submitting I-485. How do I submit my new G-28? Do I submit G28 before submitting the I-485 or submit G-28 along with the I-485 application? I want the new G-28 to take effect for the I-485 application. What are the specific instructions to submit the G-28?

Thank you in advance for all the responses.

I am currently in the process of submitting I-485. How do I submit my new G-28? Do I submit G28 before submitting the I-485 or submit G-28 along with the I-485 application? I want the new G-28 to take effect for the I-485 application. What are the specific instructions to submit the G-28?

If you haven't submitted your I-485 application yet, what would the G-28 be for? Each application normally has its own G-28 attached to it, and if you send a G-28 with your I-485, that's the application which your G-28 applies to.

jk0274 - thank you for the quick response. I am self petitioning my I-485 and letting go my attorney from the process. I just want to make sure that the current attorney does not receive any mail correspondence regarding my I-485 case and does not have any authority over the case. Thanks again.

Is there a special form for revocation of G-28 form?
--------------NO, if you want to revoke the 28 Filed by lawyer then write to USCIS that Lawyer XYZ no more represent you and form G28 should be revoked and all the future Communication from USCIS should be sent to your home address:XXXXXXXX
If yes, where can I download it?
Otherwise, is there an example of revocation letter that really worked?

Thanks!
---------------
Your Name
A#
DOB
I-485 Receipt #….

To USCIS
Service Centre
Address

RE: Request to revoke the Form G28 sent by attorney XXXX with I-485 form receipt no…
Dear Sir/Madam
I have pending I-485 receipt number XXXXXX with your service center. At the time of filing I-485 Attorney XYZ sent form G28 to USCIS. Attorney XYZ no more represents me and I request you to revoke the form G28. In future any communication from USCIS should be sent to me directly on my home address.
Sincerely
Signature

Name

Address

**** attach the copy of I-485 reciept notice with the request Letter

** send it to service center where I-485 is pending and to the address on your I-485 filing reciept. out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Request to revoke form G28 with pending I-485
Send it with certified return reciept. keep the copy of letter with you.

I am currently in the process of submitting I-485.
----------- you sign form G28 if you send I-485 through a lawyer. if sending directly no G28 is needed
How do I submit my new G-28? Do I submit G28 before submitting the I-485 or submit G-28 along with the I-485 application? I want the new G-28 to take effect for the I-485 application. What are the specific instructions to submit the G-28?

--------------

jk0274 - thank you for the quick response. I am self petitioning my I-485 and letting go my attorney from the process. I just want to make sure that the current attorney does not receive any mail correspondence regarding my I-485 case and does not have any authority over the case. Thanks again.

In this case, you would not include any G-28 with your own I-485 if you want to be the sole person responsible for the case!

Just FYI:

I got the I-485 approval notices from the attorney that used to represent me at my prev. employer. That is, the G-28 revokation DID NOT WORK - USCIS still sent my I-485 approval notices to the old attorney, despite the revokation.

Fortunately, the attorney simply forwarded the approval notices to my home address (an old one, but USPS mail forwarding worked), not even asking for extra money.

I am not sure if anyone can revoke G28 at any time and say OK now I am going to represent myself. My thinking is that there is financial bond between the lawyer and the applicant (you pay something now and something after approval or so). I do not know, I never used attorney for any of my applications.

I am not sure if anyone can revoke G28 at any time and say OK now I am going to represent myself. My thinking is that there is financial bond between the lawyer and the applicant (you pay something now and something after approval or so). I do not know, I never used attorney for any of my applications.

BS. Client-attorney relationships may be severed at any time. USCIS has no business interfering into this. They are obliged to obey G-28 forms and their revokation. I can tell you that should the attorney in my case ask for extra money, I'd sue USCIS for providing my information to unauthorized third party.

If thats the case, then whats the purpose of G-28?
you CAN Change representation.
whether the USCIS will honour it or not is totally a different argument