How to re-enter USA, My "Green card" has no expiration date?

peace maker

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. My green card was issued in 1978, at the point when there was no expiration date placed on them. I came back to my home country in 1980's and now after nearly 32 years, I want to come back to USA . Kindly tell me how to enter in USA and how to apply for my new permanent resident card. I have few questions. Kindly answer them.

1) Can I enter to USA with my existing green card and then apply for a new permanent resident card by filing Form I-90, along with the filing and biometric fees.?

2) If not, Should I have to come on Visit visa first and then apply for my new permanent resident card ?

3) Would I be able to e-file (online)?

4) What is the correct and complete procedure to re-enter USA in my situation ?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

I'm sorry to say, but you are no longer a permanent resident, and your GC is not valid. You will have to find a way to get a new GC.

Yes I thing this will be very best for you to Can enter to USA with your existing green card and then apply for a new permanent resident card by filing Form I-90, along with the filing and biometric fees.I am not sure but I think this will be very best for you.