how to aply for advance porole with asylum granted

kapoorinusa

Registered Users (C)
how can we apply for advance porole with granted status on asylum.asylum was aproved less than year ago.now if like to go to third country other than ur cop.what we need to do.i would like to go to australia for study for 2 yrs.is it possible to get permission for 2 yrs to leave this country.how long it takes to do all this and which forums we need to use.thanks for ur help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
how can we auply for advance porole with granted status on asylum.asylum was aproved less than year ago.now if like to go to third country other than ur cop.what we need to do.i would like to go to australia for study for 2 yrs.is it possible to get permission for 2 yrs to leave this country.how long it takes to do all this and which forums we need to use.thanks for ur help in advance.

you cant apply for advance porole

you are only eligible for RTD and its valid for one year,

you should wait until you get GC, at that time you will be eligible for
RE ENTRY TRAVEL DOCUMENT, ITS VALID FOR 2 YEARS

i already got my rtd but its only vaild till 01-08 .i need to apply for australia visa and they need 6 or more months vailed rtd.ho soon i can auply for another rtd.

Last edited by a moderator:
i already got my rtd but its only vaild till 01-08 .i need to auply for australia visa and they need 6 or more months vailed rtd.ho soon i can auply for another rtd.

You have to apply for a new RTD.Also with RTD you can't be out of the country for 2 years.wait untill you get GC and apply for Re-entry Permit valid for 2 years and go study.

thanks for your help.can i apply adavnce porole when i apply for gc or i wait untill my green cards comes.how long is taking now for gc.i realy need to go by jan 08 to start my study.or i will miss my hole smester.do i have any other way around.can i go to my cop with advance porole .if yes i don't have np.will indin consulate issue a np to refugee.

thanks for your help.can i apply adavnce porole when i apply for gc or i wait untill my green cards comes.how long is taking now for gc.i realy need to go by jan 08 to start my study.or i will miss my hole smester.do i have any other way around.can i go to my cop with advance porole .if yes i don't have np.will indin consulate issue a np to refugee.

asylee green card holders cant apply for advance porole,

you are only eligible for RTD ,or RP

in you case RP is the only option, its valid for 2 years

to get green card it takes from 6 months to 1 year

what is rp stand for .when can i apply for rp .can i apply with green card or i can apply before .how long it takes to get it and which forums i use for that.i m sory abt all these qustions.thanks for all ur help.

what is rp stand for .when can i apply for rp .can i apply with green card or i can apply before .how long it takes to get it and which forums i use for that.i m sory abt all these qustions.thanks for all ur help.

RP: RE ENTRY PERMIT OR RE ENTRY TRAVEL DOCUMENT

you need to get GREEN CARD FIRST TO GET RP,

USUALLY IT TAKES FEW MONTHS TO GET RP,

BUT IF YOU APPLY FOR EXPEDITED TRAVEL DOCUMENT, YOU CAN GET IN 3 WEEKS,

TO APPLY FOR EXPEDITED RP , READ THE THREAD ABOUT EXPEDITED RTD
AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM PAGE

if i have to renew rtd how can i do this.my currunt rtd exprie in jan 08 .how soon i can apply again for rtd.can i apply before mine expires.i will apply my gc in otc 07 .but i m not sure how long it will take for that.i need to travel to other countrys other than my cop.i have to have some kind of paasport to travel.i don't have my np .can i apply for np.i never had even in cop.

if i have to renew rtd how can i do this.my currunt rtd exprie in jan 08 .how soon i can apply again for rtd.can i apply before mine expires.i will apply my gc in otc 07 .but i m not sure how long it will take for that.i need to travel to other countrys other than my cop.i have to have some kind of paasport to travel.i don't have my np .can i apply for np.i never had even in cop.

you do not renew RTD, YOU APPLY FOR NEW ONE, AND YOU MAIL THE
CURRENT ONE THAT YOU HAVE WITH THE APPLICATION,

YOU CAN DO THAT AT ANY TIME, TOMMORROW MORNING,

DON FORGET TO INCLUDE THE CURRENT RTD IN THE ENVELOPE

i heard somewhere they don't issue another rtd untill one you have is expire or close to expire date.thanks for ur quick help

If you got your GC based on Asylum , you have to apply for RTD no RP. I don't know why people keep saying asylum can get RP. this is from USCIS I-131 form :

2. Refugee Travel Document.

A. If you are in the United States in valid refugee or
asylee status, or if you are a permanent resident as a
direct result of your refugee or asylee status in the
United States, you may apply for a refugee travel
document
. Generally, you must have a refugee travel
document to return to the United States after tempora
travel abroad.
You must be physically present in the United States
when you file the application. However, a refugee
travel document may be sent to a United States
embassy or consulate or DHS office abroad for you t
pick up, if you request it when you file your
application.

Sorry but you are interpreting this passage in a wrong way. This passage only talks about RTD and who can apply for it BUT it doesnt say a GC holder direct from Asylum CANNOT apply for RP. If there is such interpretition I would request you to highlight it for the forum to read. So many in this forum have got their RP through GC as a result of being Asylee eg check PQQ:rolleyes: .

Please check this from USCIS website "instructions for persons filing I-131 page 3 of 9".
"NOTICE to permanent residents who obtain permanent residence as a result of their refugee or asylee status; If you do not obtain a reentry permit and remain outside the United States for one year or more,it may be determined that you have abandoned your permanent or conditional resident status".
I hope that clears the confusion.

This has been discussed in another thread but I will shead some lights of what has been discussed. If you got your RTD while still an asyleebut you are now a permanent resident they will take it away since you seem to be having two status at the same time. But if you get your RTD as a permanent resident then you are fine for thats what you are.

Sorry but you are interpreting this passage in a wrong way. This passage only talks about RTD and who can apply for it BUT it doesnt say a GC holder direct from Asylum CANNOT apply for RP. If there is such interpretition I would request you to highlight it for the forum to read. So many in this forum have got their RP through GC as a result of being Asylee eg check PQQ:rolleyes: .

ALL permanent residents can get a reentry permit. Permanent residents who are former asylees or refugees can get a reentry permit or a refugee travel document

how can we apply for advance porole with granted status on asylum.asylum was aproved less than year ago.now if like to go to third country other than ur cop.what we need to do.i would like to go to australia for study for 2 yrs.is it possible to get permission for 2 yrs to leave this country.how long it takes to do all this and which forums we need to use.thanks for ur help in advance.

Leaving the country for two years while in asylum status is NOT a good idea.

Asylees and refugees CAN get RP or RTD. If the stay is going to be more than a year, you have to get an RP instead of RTD. But you CAN NOT get an RP while you are just an asylee. You can get it once you have a GC.

Also, you can get an RTD while your current one is still valid as long as you send the current one back to them with your application.

I just got my GC on july and i just applied for RTD. Before i send my application i talked to my lwayer and Immigration officer and both told me since i got my GC based on asylum, i should get RTD.