How much time advance parole is taking now?

jvrao88

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I applied my advance parole on jan 30 . I need to travel to india this month end.
I called customer service and they said my application is approved internally backed up for printing. Its almost 10 days since its approved internally. Do you guys have any idea how much time it can take.

I would like to book tickets if atleast my application shows approved status.

Whats your sugegtion

-venkat

Do you see the status change on the website where you can track your case ?
Which service center ?

I dont see any change in the status. The service center is nebraska. They told me that once the document is produced, then the status will change.

Hi,
I applied my advance parole on jan 30 . I need to travel to india this month end.
I called customer service and they said my application is approved internally backed up for printing. Its almost 10 days since its approved internally. Do you guys have any idea how much time it can take.

I would like to book tickets if atleast my application shows approved status.

Whats your sugegtion

-venkat

Do not do anything unless you have the AP in your hand. Mine took more than 2 months in the mail till it reach my house even after the GC was rec'd.

4 Months

I applied the AP for my spouse on Jan4th (NSC) , untill now I didnt hear anything , no update in the status page.

One more question : Spouse is in F1 status and got EAD , can she return back back to USA using the F1 status ,as she is still doing her masters. I485 is pending .

One more question : Spouse is in F1 status and got EAD , can she return back back to USA using the F1 status ,as she is still doing her masters. I485 is pending .

Yes. Make sure the F1 is not expired and she carries the I-20 with her.

Also you must stay put till you get AP in hand. If you leave while AP is being processed, it is considered that you've abandoned the case, I believe.

Yes. Make sure the F1 is not expired and she carries the I-20 with her.

Not so fast: It is actually dangerous for an adjustment applicant to come to a US point-of-entry and apply for admission as a non-immigrant (i.e. F-1). Because she has filed for adjustment, she will not be considered as entering to fulfill the terms of her visa (non-immigrant student) and she will very well be denied entry. PLUS, the fact that she left the US without advanced parole will mean she abandoned her adjustment application. Double strike.

She cannot enter in F1 status. If she leaves without AP she won't be able to re-enter, the 485 is abandoned, and she will have to do consular processing once the PD is current.

I 131 renewed

Mine was approved in 3 weeks. Generally it should not take much time.