How many EB3 - India, Eligible for Approval??

Yes , even in 2008 they are still working on 2001 cases , which is highly rediculous , I think even within EB3 we have more name check victims.

I think the employer lobby may be playing their role to hold EB3 from progressing because there they keep EB3 as bonded labor for years together. Just a thought .....

GCN

EB3 - India - PD -09/02.

OpenArms/GCN,

Just a comment - I went back to trackitt recently after a long time.

They have an Excel-like feature there, where you can filter data. With a Oct 2002 PD, I am usually in the first page of the EB3/India/TSC page if I sort by PD.

This time around, I was shocked to see that my case has now been relegated to page 5 - because of all the "new" applications that went in on July 2007. They all have priority dates before mine, many in 2001. How many of these are "original" labors, and how many are subs I don't know - but even if trackitt has 1% of actual work load, I think its a fair guess that USCIS still has many EB3/India/2001 cases to work on.

Sigh...

my insight

Just to share my experience. Sorry, if this will throw water on the fire. But this is the reality.

I recently got my GC approval (PD Sep 2001).There are quite a few cases like mine which got stuck with (DOL/BRC - Backlog reduction centre), folks like me got our labor approved early last year (2007), and then we had deep retorgress. PDs with May-Nov 2001 are getting approved now.

My guess would be atleast 300-500 cases like mine which got stuck with DOL/BRC. These cases should be approved before we move forward.

Read this below thread to get an idea.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=162104

Thanks for posting - that is exactly what I meant - lots of people in line. Last year alone, they gave out 17K+ EB3 India approvals - and for the most part, that was for folks who had RD in 2003-2005.

I am really glad you finally got your GC btw - what a long time to wait just for labor!

When EB3 became current last year , the name check BS ... messed up many cases and I'm one of those victims also it looks like all approved old labor were sold off in the market resulting in approvals for those cases based on PD.

GCN

EB3 - India - PD 09/02 (Original Labor) TSC

Name Check cleared - 09/07

At this point it is obvious that employers and others are concentrating on EB2. They are thinking/assuming/pushing a person who applied in EB2 category in 2004 is smarter/valuable then a person applied in EB3 in 2001.

According to trackitt.com there are about "20" EB3-India cases approved in this immigration year. Assuming if that is just 5% of total EB3-India then there would be about 400 cases might have gotten approvals so far. So that should left around 2000 cases to be approved. So is this discrimination against EB3 India or what?? Is this a fair assessment?? What else we could do against this??

Do employers really have that much to say about it?

I think we can blame this whole thing squarely on USCIS and the State Department - these two fat cat do-nothing-crat departments combined cannot figure out how many visas they have available, or a good FIFO system to process cases!

How much more do we really expect employers to do? Its really not their jobs - their part of the "bargain" was to file papers!

Jun visa bulletin is about to come... guys we still at the same page... fingers crossed!!

Side Note:
Yes, some of the biggest employers who gave testimony before congress in last few months they all talked about EB2. One even said they hire software engineers not programmers whom they apply in EB2 category only. I recently heard in House Judiciary committee that DOL rep said if they eliminate the per country quota they use those for EB2 category...nothing against EB2 but why EB3 is not moving???? big question?????