How long is the wait time?

Brother who is a USC also filed I-130, same priority date 06/09/2011.

I assume the Mother's petition will come up first right?

Yes, mid-2018 would be a reasonable estimate.

These days the I-485 process itself is normally 3-6 months. The long wait in this case is the years to become eligible to file I-485 in the first place.

The estimated time is 5 months in Texas so we are looking at around December 1st of 2018 to get the work permit?

What about the CSPA? Isn't there a lawsuit in process? How can that help?

The CSPA requires that the petition was filed before the beneficiary turned 21, and there are other conditions. So if he was already 21 or older when the I-130 was filed, there is no CSPA eligibility.

The CSPA requires that the petition was filed before the beneficiary turned 21, and there are other conditions. So if he was already 21 or older when the I-130 was filed, there is no CSPA eligibility.

In this case the I-130 was filed after the beneficiary turned 21. What about the petitioner became PR and/or USC? What about when the Son petitioned her mother? Do those dates count?

Any other changes that you are aware of that may help?

June 2012 Visa Bulletin shows that it is moving faster. What is this retro regression all about?

Retrogression is when the dates move backwards. But that seems to happen less often these days. A few years ago it was crazy, it would suddenly jump forward by a large amount like 6-12 months, and then a few months later it jumps backwards by a large amount.

What is the cause of Retrogression? Backlog? If CIR passes, would that make it move faster?

2011 was one of the worst Retrogression years though.

What is the estimate time now?

What is the cause of Retrogression? Backlog?
It's caused by USCIS and the Department of State being bad at estimating incoming applications for adjustment of status and immigrant visas. When they move the dates forward, sometimes they get way more applications than they expected, then they retrogress it to slow down new applications until they clear out enough of the pending applications.

If CIR passes, would that make it move faster?
It depends on what they put in the legislation. It could make things move slower if the legislation allows millions of illegal immigrants to flood USCIS with applications.

What is the estimate time now?
Time estimate for what?

UK Tier-2 General

can I find answers regarding the above mentioned subject somewhere within this forum? or it's US related only?