• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How long is POLICE CLEARANCE valid for when using Consular Processing?

Is it 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, more?

If you state a number, please provide a link to the official website where you obtained that number from.

I'm guessing you mean the police certificate you need to get. Here in my country, for instance, the police certificate states that it is valid for six months from the date of issuance. A friend of mine had to get it for dv2011. It might be different for other countries. It looks like people tend to get it after they receive their 2nd NL.

It will still be valid for the purposes of getting US visa. Even though in your country it will not be valid.

It might be, but i'd rather not risk and obtain it after receiving my 2nd NL.
No risk at all. Also, the certificate still needs to be valid on the last day of you visa validity. If your certificate expires earlier than in 6 months, you will not get full 6 month visa validity

In that case if the 12 months since the issue of the police report passes. Can you just apply for a new police report to use after the first one expires?

If you have police report with validity less than 6 months at the time of visa issuance, the validity of visa will be limited to the last day of validity of police report

No risk at all. Also, the certificate still needs to be valid on the last day of you visa validity. If your certificate expires earlier than in 6 months, you will not get full 6 month visa validity

Well, is this 'expiry' related to the 12 mos from the issuance date (for US visa purposes) or the 'expiry' as mentioned in the report by the local police dept.?

Best!

CN : 2013AS000096**
1st NL Checked : 1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th May 2012
KCC Confirmation : I phoned and confirmed (Nov 08/2012)
PCC : Going on
Medicals : Not yet
Interview : ?
POE : ?

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question regarding the expiry date of police report. I have been in four countries (Including Sri Lanka). I have applied for police reports in all four countries, I have already got two of them (including the country currently where I live). I left Sri Lanka in 1989. In this situation, Will US Embassy still consider the expiry date of Sri Lankan police report? Because I have not been living in Sri Lanka last 23 years. I believe the expiry date of police report is applicable (should be considered) for the current country where I live.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kuna

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kuna

Your SL report should be fine for DV for 1 yr from its issue (irrespective of its expiry day mentioned in there).
Its more so true 'cos you no longer live there.

More on this is found in this thread, read the FAM link a few messages earlier.

Best!