How long does it take to receive the phisical card after approval?

Yellow Knight

Registered Users (C)
I got my passport stamped on 2/5/04 at Charlotte, NC.

I was surprised being told that it will take upto 18 months for me to get my physical card. I noticed that a lots of folks got their cards within 2 or 3 months.

A new schewed homeland security process? Another long wait?

YK

Plastic card in 3 weeks

I got my Passport stamped on 20th Jan ( in Dallas )and got the plastic card on 7th Feb.

Good luck.

Did ur online msg change to card ordered

hey fun2sh

did ur online msg change from approved to card ordered or card mailed ?

thanks in advance

I got my passport stamped on 1/13/04, and received the plastic card on 2/4/04. The on-line message still says 'fingerprint received, pending review...'.

maomao88 which office did you get your passport stamped? I was also told the 18 months story when I got it stamped recently. Thanks.

At Miami.
I was told that it would take 2-6 month for me to receive it, but actually I received it within 3 weeks.

Is it really necessary for us to go to the local social security office to change our social security card after we received the green card? A lot of my friend never heard about it.
Thanks.

My status changed today

Here is my new status

On February 9, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Stamping done in dallas on 2.2.04

I'll update if it changes to card mailed

Hi maomao88
I think so, becasue ssn card is tied with 'valid for for with ins authorization'. If you show your gc to ss office, they will update the card, that is what I heard from my friends who got gc and got updated their ssn card.

yes its updated on the website

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes the website was updated that the cards were mailed out on Feb 3rd.

Here are details of my experience at getting the actual cards.

My wife, son and myself all went for stamping in Dallas in early December. Despite all being stamped within a couple of minutes of each other, my card and my son's card were ordered within two weeks, whereas it took six weeks to order my wife's card. The only difference was that she saw a different officer to my son and I.

In all three cases the status changed from 'ordered' to 'dispatched' within two days. My son's card was sent directly to him as per the on-line message and arrived within two days. However, for some reason both my card and my wife's were sent to our attorney (despite the on-line message saying that they were sent directly), and took about ten days to reach the attorney's office. I have no explanation as to why the cards took this route.

We stamped our passports on Feb 6th in Dallas. Today my wife's online status has changed to "On February 11, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
Mine is still the same "approved" message.

maomao88,
Can you please post your passport stamping experience in Miami.

Friends,

Who issues the plastic card - TSC or local office where we got stamped?

Also, I staying in a different state from where I got my SSN.(my GC address is also this old address). Can I still go to the current state and change my SSN?

My case was a NIW case, I had my finger print in March 2003, then my I485 was transferes from TSC to Miami in April 2003. I received the interview notice after last Thanksgiving, and I have my interview on 1/13/04 at 11:00 AM, after the interview my passport was stamped by the same officer. I went to Miami INS again on 1/15/04 for my husband's interview, because we get married at my I-485 step, we need to prove that we have been living together, and bought the house together. He also got his passport stamped after the interview. We both received the plastic card within three weeks.
Best regards.

my status just changed to card mailed

My status just now changed to card mailed.

here are the details again

AD: jan 23 2004
stamped : Feb 2 2004 (dallas)
card ordered : Feb 9 2004
card mailed: Feb 12 2004