how long does it take to obtain a Refugee Travel Document after granted asylum

dana_c

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone please tell me how long does it take to obtain a Refugee Travel Document after granted asylum?
thank you

2 to 3 months... I filed mine on the 2nd of August and have not received anything yet.. Have patience. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
" GC, here I come"....

Raziel, we're contemporaries.... remember 2009? I just submitted my i-485 last yesterday.

I just realized that I don't have any documents to travel and since I'm awaiting my naturalization decision I don't want to apply for one lest I be approved and have the right to a US passport...

I just realized that I don't have any documents to travel and since I'm awaiting my naturalization decision I don't want to apply for one lest I be approved and have the right to a US passport...

Ok, we get it, stop rubbing it in!! :)

Srsly, am very happy for you. I hope you get it ASAP.

I applied for my RTD beginning of May. Already past 3 month dead line, called them with question WTF? got answer: wait another 90 days till we find out (or i would translate this as GoToH..l ....) waiting again....

It takes at least 2 months. I applied back in June and I received my approval email on Friday.

Nah. I applied for one when I received my derivative asylum but I never got to use it as my dad received the letter for hold ( 212 nonsense ). I actually canceled my flights that I had already booked. I'm planning on going to England and Australia later this year.

so you just waisted those money...sorry for you...and your dad...hope they will not relate his case to yours. I understood this RTD will be your 2nd, even you never got to use the first one you still had it issued? that's why may be you got to wait only two month to get approved for second document? I'am waiting like xmass this notice of approval. it's been 4th month on acceptance status - really killing me - have to fly first days of Sept.

also have anybody heard that if your AOS is pendind you do not need RP or RTD to re-enter? doesn't sound like real thing to me, but you never know... could not find any info about this..