How long does EAD/Ap Renewal takes now?

3-4 monhts I guess

Everyday I am seeing a LUD on both of my EAD and AP cases, my FP is scheduled for Jan 24th, last time I got EAD in 30days.

I applied my EAD/AP on 12/8/2007 (RD) and both mine and my spouse EAD got approved this week 1/16/2008. But our AP is still pending approval.

I applied my EAD/AP on 12/8/2007 (RD) and both mine and my spouse EAD got approved this week 1/16/2008. But our AP is still pending approval.

Did you do a paper filing? Paper filing seems to be so faster... i did an e-file on Nov 14th ..did biometric on 01/4/08 ..still waiting for my EAD...hopefully it comes before my current one expires (end of feb)

Thanks

Paper Filing

I always do the Paper filing and that works for me everytime.

Did you do a paper filing? Paper filing seems to be so faster... i did an e-file on Nov 14th ..did biometric on 01/4/08 ..still waiting for my EAD...hopefully it comes before my current one expires (end of feb)

Thanks

Paper filing is much better - My opinion

My EAD was approved in 18 days.I hear if do e-file , you need to get FP.Why go thru all that trouble of e-fil if you can do paper filing.
Also in e-filing the processing wont begin until u send all the supporting documentation.I dont understand , how is it any better for the applicant than paper based filing.

I always do the Paper filing and that works for me everytime.

EAD and AP get approved quickly

..by donig paper filing. My AP was received on jan 7 th and approved on Jan 16 th. i.e. approval notice sent. Should be getting it in the mail in a few days.

EAD was also approved in a couple of weeks.

Both were applied at TSC via USPS.

Filing EAD and AP

Where did you folks file your EAD and AP renewal. My 485 application was filed in Vermont and was transfered in March 07 to Texas. Do I need to file in Texas or Vermont?

Where did you folks file your EAD and AP renewal. My 485 application was filed in Vermont and was transfered in March 07 to Texas. Do I need to file in Texas or Vermont?

Yes, you have to apply in Texas. I got my EAD recently from Texas. I e-filed. It took exactly 3 months.

EAD Approved

E-filing EAD approved today jan 21 2008. Filed on Nov 14th.. photos on 1/4/08

Are the forms on USCIS site PDF fillable forms? (meaning fill it, print it and mail it).I dont wnat to write on hand- leading to mistakes and data entry errors...delays... Where can i find forms fillable?

TIA

Are the forms on USCIS site PDF fillable forms? (meaning fill it, print it and mail it).I dont wnat to write on hand- leading to mistakes and data entry errors...delays... Where can i find forms fillable?

TIA

Yes they are !!! At the end of your aplication ( make sure that you file all the info requested , correctly , because at that point you may cannot make any changes and will cause a RFE delay in processing ), you'll be offered to see ( review ) your aplication in two ways including the PDF form !!! Just click on the PDF choice and you can print or save your aplication as PDF file in your computer !!! It is advisable to make a copy or two of your aplication , and send the first page ( confirmation number and info ) with all supporting documents to the adress provided in the aplication , rightaway !!! This will keep your aplication going smoothly , with do RFEs or delays !!! Later ( around 10 days or more from e-file date ) you'll be receiving the official USCIS receipt in the mail and an FP ( and picture taken ) appointment notice also probably at a later time !!! After that just wait for aproval !!! Any RFEs will delay the aplication , so make sure that you do it right from the begining of the aplication !!! Hope this will help !!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would strongly suggest Paper Filing.My EAD was approved in a week. My receipt date was 1/10/2008 and my card production ordered date was 1/17/2008.I couldn't believe USCIS could process so fast.

I would strongly suggest Paper Filing.My EAD was approved in a week. My receipt date was 1/10/2008 and my card production ordered date was 1/17/2008.I couldn't believe USCIS could process so fast.

You are kidding. Where did you apply, which service center ?