How long does EAD/Ap Renewal takes now?

I believe you can apply Less than 6 month before EAD expires

How early can we apply for the new EAD before the expiration?

My EAD will expire in March 08, and my husband's will expire in late May, Lawyer renewed on Dec 5, 2007, mine was approved and received on Jan 14. A little over 1 month. (paper filed), My husband got an RFE, CIS asked why he applied EAD earlier than 6 months. My lawyer answered the RFE and on Jan 22, CIS acknowledged the RFE response... will resume the process....

My EAD will expire in March 08, and my husband's will expire in late May, Lawyer renewed on Dec 5, 2007, mine was approved and received on Jan 14. A little over 1 month. (paper filed), My husband got an RFE, CIS asked why he applied EAD earlier than 6 months. My lawyer answered the RFE and on Jan 22, CIS acknowledged the RFE response... will resume the process....

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the 6 months period is stated in any CIS document?

Got EAD today (in 1 month)

I mailed renewal of EAD to TSC before Christmas and got it today. It took less than one month.
It's better to mail all information to them, including passport ID page, I140/I485, old EAD copy, I94 copy, birth certification and relationship certification if for your kid/spouse, etc.

I'm sorry, but could you post the link?

Hi , the link it is a little long !!! But to get there just go to the USCIS homepage , click on " Services and Benefits ", and there just click on " Employment Authorization ", and read the info provided there !!! Hope this will help !!!;)

Date on renewed EAD and Ap

What would be the date on which renewed EAD and AP start? Is it the date at which your last EAD/Ap expires or the date at which they issue them?

The following is from the new I9 form:-

Section 2 by examining evidence of identity and employment eligibility within three (3) business days of the date employment begins. If employees are authorized to work, but are unable to present the required document(s) within three business days, they must present a receipt for the application of the document(s) within three business days and the actual document(s) within ninety (90) days.

Thus that means, one has 90 days even after EAD has expired?

Thanks

It depends on your luck....

It depends upon the IO. But for AP it is the Date when they approve and not the current one expires. But for EAD you have a 50% of change to get the new card on the date of Current card expiration. My spouse EAD has the same date of approval and I have a date when my current EAD expiration date and both of our EAD approved within couple of days diffrence. Good luck...

What would be the date on which renewed EAD and AP start? Is it the date at which your last EAD/Ap expires or the date at which they issue them?

Things to travel on Advance parole

Thanks barath_india.
What is the procedure to travel to india if I have advance parole? My passport is about to expire in eight months.Will it matter to me if I am travelling within next two-three months?

I got my AP and EAD renewal approval is 2 weeks from TSC. The new EAD start date is the day after the existing EAD expires.

Last year, I filed my EAD/AP as usual - 4 months before they were about to expire. Well, 3.5 months and a huge amount of stress later, I wrote to Texas - and long and short was that I got my papers about 2 days before EAD expired (and 4 days before a long-planned international trip!).

At that time, the theory was that TSC was too busy approving 485s and dealing with the huge influx of new 485 applications - but I am wondering if the same thing will happen this year. After all, all those people who have 485s now will apply to renew their EAD/APs etc.

I am wondering - should I send in my papers now (5 months before expiry) or wait a couple of months? Any thoughts?

I send in my AP/EAD (3rd each) on 17th Jan 08.

AP..approved on 1st Feb. EAD approved on 15th Feb.

Hope that helps.

Last year, I filed my EAD/AP as usual - 4 months before they were about to expire. Well, 3.5 months and a huge amount of stress later, I wrote to Texas - and long and short was that I got my papers about 2 days before EAD expired (and 4 days before a long-planned international trip!).
I am wondering - should I send in my papers now (5 months before expiry) or wait a couple of months? Any thoughts?

DesiG, we sent in our renewal papers mid- November and have not received yet. AP expired on 12th Feb! EAD will in May. But also keep in mind the new rule of applying 120 days before epxiry leads to rejection.
Have a question for you: who did you write to at TSC. If you could share this information kindly? My husband needs to travel abroad around 10th of March, so I am planning to take this course of action i.e., write to TSC, meanwhile our attorneys are also looking to get our paper work. TIA!