How long do I need to wait for the actual EAD card?

penelope08

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

My EAD was approved October 15, 2008 on TSC. Few days from now and I'll be waiting for 3 months. Normally, how long do we need to wait for the actual card? Is there anything that I can do to expedite? Thank you

Hi!

My EAD was approved October 15, 2008 on TSC. Few days from now and I'll be waiting for 3 months. Normally, how long do we need to wait for the actual card? Is there anything that I can do to expedite? Thank you

it usually take 4 days to be delivered, check your online status to see if it returned back or not.

how can i check on my online status? I have the receipt number, are they gonna indicate it there? thank you

via online, yes I'm approved 3 months ago.

my employer gave me my receipt number and checked it..it says approval notice sent..that was october 15, 2008. Until now i haven't receive the card yet. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

thank you

via online, yes I'm approved 3 months ago.

my employer gave me my receipt number and checked it..it says approval notice sent..that was october 15, 2008. Until now i haven't receive the card yet. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

thank you

This card 100% lost or returned back undeliverable to USCIS. Call customer service to check if it is returned back, if so, they are going to send it back to you (personal experience). If lost, no way you have to apply again with new fees and mention that in the new application. If you did not mention that, the new application will be denied and you will lose the application fees (you can not apply more than 120 days before expiration). The good aspect here is, if you are working with EAD, no problem at all, you have approved EAD. If you are using your visa, like other rich people who have extra money to apply for a piece of crab card with more than $300 to put it in their wallets, then do not worry, EAD is an optional and not a must. Some will say we may use it if get fired, no one will be fired in one day and a notice should be sometime ahead.

thank you for that. Would you believe that I'm waiting for my EAD card for more than a year now? My 1st application got approved but I didn't get the card..so applied again and didn't get the card again..but we always do follow ups with them...and the 3rd one was just this Oct 15, 2008..but a month and a half ago I called customer service and told me that from the time of approval (oct 15, 2008)..the waiting period is 60-90 days..so i waited this long! actually its been more than 90 days now.

its so sad to say that I really need that card badly for me to work..well I guess I need to call them again. thank you so much!

thank you for that. Would you believe that I'm waiting for my EAD card for more than a year now? My 1st application got approved but I didn't get the card..so applied again and didn't get the card again..but we always do follow ups with them...and the 3rd one was just this Oct 15, 2008..but a month and a half ago I called customer service and told me that from the time of approval (oct 15, 2008)..the waiting period is 60-90 days..so i waited this long! actually its been more than 90 days now.

its so sad to say that I really need that card badly for me to work..well I guess I need to call them again. thank you so much!

What was your mailing address in EAD application. It must be going there. Check it that. Makesure that you have your home address mentioned in the EAD application.

Some will say we may use it if get fired, no one will be fired in one day and a notice should be sometime ahead.

Most places will let you go and walk you out the same day; they may give you a few weeks' severance but it's unlikely to last for 60-90 days in most situations. Add to that you cannot collect UI without an EAD.

There's almost NO way you can get an EAD before your employment/severance runs out.

to immi mygc:

It is addressed in my employer's office. I know it shouldn't be like that..it should go to my address..but my employer denies on getting the card several times already. I think I need to have a change of address right now. So if the card was not sent back to USCIS but I didn't receive it..its so unfair to pay again and again.. :-(

Most places will let you go and walk you out the same day; they may give you a few weeks' severance but it's unlikely to last for 60-90 days in most situations. Add to that you cannot collect UI without an EAD.

There's almost NO way you can get an EAD before your employment/severance runs out.

I just wanna ask..what does UI means?