How Long Did it Take to Learn the Test?

Hi Bob,

The links don't seem to work anymore... but it was nice of you to post them..

Is it basically just a CD that reads the questions and answers out loud?

Thanks!

For me is no problem at all I can remember within hours. But my wife doen't know english well, she understand well but, she can read little and can write little so I am worry if she can pass the test?? Actually I believe she can do it I know that enough for her to pass but she has no confidence she underestimate herself.How to boost her confidence? Specially she has to face new questions and new questions are difficult for the people who know little english?? A lot of questions has multiple answers so it make them confuse?

Hi Diamonds,

Im also looking for help and resources on the new test... once i gather some links ill post them here.. or PM you if you like? Im sure your wife just needs to find a way she can quiz herself on the test to get her confidence up.. like with sample exams...

M

Diamonds,
Some IOs give a list of 10 qns to the applicant and tell them to read the qn and then answer, so do spend some time preparing your wife to read the qns.

Thanks for your favor. Please pm me.

Hi Diamonds,

Im also looking for help and resources on the new test... once i gather some links ill post them here.. or PM you if you like? Im sure your wife just needs to find a way she can quiz herself on the test to get her confidence up.. like with sample exams...

M

Thanks for info, yes that way I can prepair my wife to read all the questions.

Diamonds,
Some IOs give a list of 10 qns to the applicant and tell them to read the qn and then answer, so do spend some time preparing your wife to read the qns.

Testing for knowledge of reading/writing English would be redundant for people with a US degree, but not history or government. I did European history for my history requirement, not American history. And nothing about American government.

I guess I was wrong on the HIS, GOV part but they can reduce lot of processing time for applicants who can provide the necessary documentation on those knowledge when sending in the application. That was my point.

Either way the test didn't take up more than 5-10 minutes for most of the people I know. I wouldn't worry about this too much. They also give you test booklet with the CD when you go for your Fingerprint appointment to make it even easier for the applicants.