How long did it take for your passport to arrive (NON-expediated request)...

I'm from No.VA,
when you check your appli. status online there is a section at the bottom of the page to register so that you can get email alerts about your application.

Though I got email saying that they mailed the PP, but when I checked my appli. status, it says its in final stages of processing - should receive it by 01/23

Applied on 01/06 in NJ post office, regular processing. Got email on 01/16 saying passport is in the mail, with tracking info. This AM tracking info says passport will be delivered today!
AMAZING SPEED!

for me 3 weeks... but I had to go after it

applied passport card and passport on 1/22/10 and received today 1/28/10.should receive my NC tomorrow.I called passport agency and they told me they already mailed NC yesterday.

Applied for PP & PC on 01/06/2010 ,

Received my PP 02/06/2010
Received my NC 02/10/2010
Received my PC 02/12/2010

Finally, I'm done, many thanks to everyone who helped by posting their experiences or replied to questions, and wish all the best to those who still in the process

Special thanks to Rajiv for having this forum, and sure I'll recommend it to eveyone I know

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a signature required to receive passport in mail

What mail method is used by the Passport Office to send passports (Priority/Express/Normal First Class)?

Also is the actual passport holder required to sign for the passport when delivered (or can anyone at that address sign for it?)

What mail method is used by the Passport Office to send passports (Priority/Express/Normal First Class)?

Also is the actual passport holder required to sign for the passport when delivered (or can anyone at that address sign for it?)

No signatures required, normal post, delivered inside your mail box.

Passport Regular application

Hello,

I applied on Feb 1st

Check Cashed on Feb 8th

E-mail status available on 10th

E-mail status said passports mailed on Feb 16th

I got Passport+Nat certificate on 20th

Got Passport card on 22nd

Hi,
Naturalized and application (PP and PC) on 2/18. By now I only have "Application locator numer". No email messages (although signed up), and no change in status. am still waiting. I have 5 weeks until travel, and it sounds like I should be OK, but will give it one more week to see if anything changes.
am not done yet....just a little more :)

All,

Since application day (2/18) all I have is 2 weeks of complete silence. I still get the whole sentence about: "The application is being processed......" but no emails received, no update to status, no nothing. Based on some previous posts, this is when people started getting updates, or the PP's themselves. I am not sure what to do anymore...what do you think? let it be? or call them to get a status? any help would be much appreciated.

G.

09 FEB 2010: Oath
10 FEB 2010: PP+PC applied (regular processing with overnight ship back)
03-MAR-2010: Got passport book.

Status Updated that the Processing is completed.

02/25/2010: PP Applied (Non-Expedited Process)
03/06/2010:pP Processing Completed(Online Status)

09 FEB 2010: Oath
10 FEB 2010: PP+PC applied (regular processing with overnight ship back)
03-MAR-2010: Got passport book (overnight shipment)
05-MAR-2010: received NC
06-MAR-2010: received PC