How long did it take for your passport to arrive (NON-expediated request)...

I can't help but look at passport book and card every other day. Its sweet. :)
I hope I get over this.

A week and a half still to go for Oath and I am already stroking a copy of the N-445 clasped to my chest as I go to sleep each night. :D

I am going to get the PP card too, so I don't wear out the PP book stroking it each day. :D

A week and a half still to go for Oath and I am already stroking a copy of the N-445 clasped to my chest as I go to sleep each night. :D

I am going to get the PP card too, so I don't wear out the PP book stroking it each day. :D
:) You are very smart, as you sleep with a copy of N-445 and not with the original.

Yeah, the passport card has that advantage of holding it while looking over and over to see if their have all the info right :rolleyes: and not worry about destroying it with sweat.

Aah, Passport book in NJ received in about 3 weeks, still haven't received the passport card, it's been 7 weeks already. is it usual to have to wait for the passort card? Signature updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aah, Passport book in NJ received in about 3 weeks, still haven't received the passport card, it's been 7 weeks already. is it usual to have to wait for the passort card? Signature updated.
Depends on how much plastic they have in their Mint :) . Just kidding. Call the National Passport Center and inquire. But its usual that the passport card arrives later than the book.

Received passport book.. still waiting for passport card and certificate of naturalization to be returned.

Received Passport,Passport card and Naturalization certificate in priority mail envelop

Please see my signature for time line. Thanks

I applied for my passport on Sat. 8/22 and was just wondering, out of curiosity how long did it take for you passport to show up (non-expedited, regular processing)...

TIA

:)

i applied on 8/22/09 for PP and PP Card. Recieved PP on 9/12/2009 and PPCard and the Nat Cert on 9/14/2009. Applied normal processing and regular priority mail.....

What did your online satus say?

For all those of you who received their passport (non expedited) in less than a month. Have you receive any delivery date from the online status prior to receiving PP?

I lodged my application 9/1. I am getting the following message now.

Your passport application is in the final processing stages.

Your passport application locator number is 3xxxxxxxxxx.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/28/2009

It was almost 4 weeks for me. Keep on checking your tracking information and make sure that your post office did not send your passport to the wrong address.

For all those of you who received their passport (non expedited) in less than a month. Have you receive any delivery date from the online status prior to receiving PP?

Yes. Here's the email from the online status update.

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxxx.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 10/07/2009.
Check the USPS status at: http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=....................................".

*** Please note that the delivery confirmation number is a tracking number. It is a number that will provide information as to whether or not an envelope has been delivered. You can click on the delivery confirmation number to check delivery status or call USPS at 1-800-222-1811.

If you have any additional questions, you may contact the National Passport Information Center via e-mail at http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_896.html. Please include the above locator number. It will enable them to update you on the status of your application. For more information about the National Passport Information Center, please visit us at http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html.​

Here is a comparison of expedited vs. non-expedited.

I applied expedited, my wife applied non expedited. We both applied at the same USPS location on October 1, 2009.

I received my passport book 10/10/09, my wife got hers today (10/19/09). Expedited request ($90 more if you count overnight courier costs) saved 9 days.