How do I stop my EAD application

nimesh_shah16

Hello All,
I have applied for EAD renewal last Friday(6/13) and checks are not cleared yet. Today(6/17) I have received email from USCIS that my I-485 is approved and I don't need to renew EAD anymore. Can I make stop payment in my bank or make the check returns becasue of insufficient fund. Will there be any impact on my approved I-485 case becasue of this?.

I will appreciate quick response on this question,

Nimesh

Hello All,
I have applied for EAD renewal last Friday(6/13) and checks are not cleared yet. Today(6/17) I have received email from USCIS that my I-485 is approved and I don't need to renew EAD anymore. Can I make stop payment in my bank or make the check returns becasue of insufficient fund. Will there be any impact on my approved I-485 case becasue of this?.

Nimesh

Congratulation with your GC approval.

Can I make stop payment in my bank or make the check returns becasue of insufficient fund. Will there be any impact on my approved I-485 case becasue of this?.

Not on your I-485, but USCIS will go after you for the money. Be happy for your I-485 approval and don't be cheap.

Make stop payment at your bank immidiately.

Hello All,

Nimesh

Make stop payment at your bank immidiately.

I agree. Put a hold on your check at your bank. It'll bounce with the USCIS and they'll send back a notice asking for maybe a new check or whatever.
Ignore the letter and enjoy. :D

It's being prudent and financially wise and not cheap. No point in paying for something that you don't need and will never use. That money can be better spent elsewhere.

collection agency??
May be they will report at credit bureaus
and affect the FICO score too !!

Of course it will be reported. It's an unpaid debt.

I don't think so. Without checks being cleared USCIS can't process the application. And if they have not processed the application (approved/denied) where is this debt coming from.

Debt from the services you never received?
If what you are saying is correct then USCIS should process the cases irrespective of fees being received or not.

if you dont have money in the bank for that cheque, they will simply deny the application. It has happend to many july 07 filers. don't worry about fico score & credit default etc. they don't go and process if there is no money.many others have done it(not intentionally )

I don't think so. Without checks being cleared USCIS can't process the application. And if they have not processed the application (approved/denied) where is this debt coming from.

The application is processed - and denied for insufficient funds. I've received a collections notice from USCIS because their online system messed up when I tried to pay by e-check. It's a valid debt and USCIS will go after you.

Why do so many people think they are smarter than USCIS?