How Come Hubby Got IV notice, Not me?

ny11023

Registered Users (C)
We sent our application together (in one package) in July 2007, got the fp notices around the same time. And he got his interview notice 2 weeks ago, I still haven't. Tried to check status online, but got the same standard result (I even checked my hubby's case #, same status as me which I know is not true.)

Is this normal? I tried to call USCIS 800 number but couldn't get a life person. I just wonder if my interview notice might get lost in the mail or something. How can I get to the bottom of things? Any suggestion?

Our app. was to Vermont Center. I saw people here who applied a month later than we did, got iv, and even oath letter.

We sent our application together (in one package) in July 2007, got the fp notices around the same time. And he got his interview notice 2 weeks ago, I still haven't. Tried to check status online, but got the same standard result (I even checked my hubby's case #, same status as me which I know is not true.)

Is this normal? I tried to call USCIS 800 number but couldn't get a life person. I just wonder if my interview notice might get lost in the mail or something. How can I get to the bottom of things? Any suggestion?

Our app. was to Vermont Center. I saw people here who applied a month later than we did, got iv, and even oath letter.

Call customer service and press 1,2,6. This will get you to a live operator. Tell the operator that you applied 2 months ago, but you haven't gotten a receipt yet. The operator will automatically escalate your call to an IO. The IO will be able to look up your case and see if an IL has been sent.

As Triple Citizen pointed out, it could be a name check issue. Make sure to ask the IO if your name check has been completed.

50% probability - your hubby is lucky
50% probability - you are unlucky

at least for now... you will get it soon... I have not seen many female getting stuck in namecheck unless...

Call customer service and press 1,2,6. This will get you to a live operator. Tell the operator that you applied 2 months ago, but you haven't gotten a receipt yet. The operator will automatically escalate your call to an IO. The IO will be able to look up your case and see if an IL has been sent.

As Triple Citizen pointed out, it could be a name check issue. Make sure to ask the IO if your name check has been completed.

Thank you Vorpal. Your advice is great! I finally got to a live person, and an IO. But the IO said she won't be able to give me the info re name check, she just told me that my interview is not scheduled. So at least I know it wasn't lost in the mail. So I thank you again.

Are there any other ways to check the "name check" status? I see "infopass" in your sig. Vorpal, would tell them what's that?

Thank you again for all your input, ladies and/or gents.

Good things happen to Good people

From your sig, I can see you are indeed pretty lucky in moving forward with your citizenship app. Good for you. According to your above conclusion, you must be a very good person. Congratulations.

Thank you Vorpal. Your advice is great! I finally got to a live person, and an IO. But the IO said she won't be able to give me the info re name check, she just told me that my interview is not scheduled. So at least I know it wasn't lost in the mail. So I thank you again.

Are there any other ways to check the "name check" status? I see "infopass" in your sig. Vorpal, would tell them what's that?

Thank you again for all your input, ladies and/or gents.

Try calling them again. Any IO that you talk to on the phone can provide you with name check status. You were unlucky to get one who was either new and didn't know how to access the name check screen or just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to take it out on that day's callers. I spoke to IOs many times, and one of them told me that they can't give out name check information. It's BS. Call them again, you'll get the info you're looking for.

InfoPass is basically the same thing as speaking to an IO over the phone, except you go to 26 Federal Plaza and speak to an IO in person. You can schedule an InfoPass at infopass.uscis.gov. Once you schedule one, you print out an appointment notice that's displayed on your monitor. I'm considering filing a WOM lawsuit based on unreasonable processing delay, so I scheduled my latest InfoPass to have an extra copy of the appointment notice to add to my list of exhibits.