Home visit

sickINS

Registered Users (C)
A co-worker visited home after recieving her green card. She stayed there for more than two months and when she came back, she did not face any dificilties even though she was asylee before. We work togather in a humanitarian organization that hires refugees and asylees. I am really shocked that they did not punish her or took her green card from her after doing that. I have to wait for my green card for 8 more years because of liars like her. :mad:

sickINS said:
A co-worker visited home after recieving her green card. She stayed there for more than two months and when she came back, she did not face any dificilties even though she was asylee before. We work togather in a humanitarian organization that hires refugees and asylees. I am really shocked that they did not punish her or took her green card from her after doing that. I have to wait for my green card for 8 more years because of liars like her. :mad:

It depends. Sometimes person can get lucky due to lack of responsobilities of some INS employees. She still can be questioned during her citizenship interview.

Bottom line - DO NOT TRAVEL BACK HOME. IT'S BAD...

You make the best point that somehow goes unnoticed on this board because of so many cases like that everybody is waiting for years. I hope Real Id will pass it will make it harder to cheat the system...

sickINS said:

sickINS said:
I am not sure why you are upset with her. What makes you sure she is a fraud? Perhaps the conditions in her country improved? Perhaps the government that oppressed her was toppled? Can you say more why you are that mad with her? I am jealous she could do it and may be you feel the same way.

shamshon said:
I am not sure why you are upset with her. What makes you sure she is a fraud? Perhaps the conditions in her country improved? Perhaps the government that oppressed her was toppled? Can you say more why you are that mad with her? I am jealous she could do it and may be you feel the same way.

I know a lot of asylee, gc holder who travelled back to their country. Their rationale is a regime change in their country. I think this is a legitmate rationale which is acceptable to CIS. We also should keep in mine that CIS has a descretion to send us back to our country if they believe that conditions in our country are changed, and that the circumstances for the alleged fear of prosecution does not exit any more.

I would NOT advise any asylee GC holder to visit their home country unless the political conditions, etc., in their country have changed.

My thoughts....

go2bk

shamshon said:

Shamson:
I fully agree with you. People are ready to jump to conclusion. Accuse others for being frauds and what not!! while grabbing the first chance they get to visit their country of origin. Maybe they are just looking for excuses to do so when they think on these terms..!! :)

shamshon said:

I agree 100% with samoel to make it harder to cheat the system, what I'm not sure is if RealID is the way, on the other hand about SickINS comments I hope he/she has strong arguments and facts to treat her as a "liar", otherwise he/she is acting exactly as almighty Dr. Crap(USA2002) and all the opressors from our home countries.

Things can change, I hope that someday I'll be able to go back there to live, my roots are there, my family, my friends. I really don't know why is so hard for some of you to understand that you dont have to be a cheater to have the desire to go back.

It's been many years without going to my country, and I don't really know if someday I'll be able to go back, if in my lifetime the things are going to change there, but I pray everyday to have that opportunity, to allow my kids to see where I grew up and where their roots are.

Do you have to be a cheater to feel that way? I filed a true asylum claim and was approved by this blessed country which I love with all my heart, but it does not mean that I don't love my home country.

We really have sick people in this forum.

Thanks

cookiemonster said:
I agree 100% with samoel to make it harder to cheat the system, what I'm not sure is if RealID is the way, on the other hand about SickINS comments I hope he/she has strong arguments and facts to treat her as a "liar", otherwise he/she is acting exactly as almighty Dr. Crap(USA2002) and all the opressors from our home countries.

Things can change, I hope that someday I'll be able to go back there to live, my roots are there, my family, my friends. I really don't know why is so hard for some of you to understand that you dont have to be a cheater to have the desire to go back.

It's been many years without going to my country, and I don't really know if someday I'll be able to go back, if in my lifetime the things are going to change there, but I pray everyday to have that opportunity, to allow my kids to see where I grew up and where their roots are.

Do you have to be a cheater to feel that way? I filed a true asylum claim and was approved by this blessed country which I love with all my heart, but it does not mean that I don't love my home country.

We really have sick people in this forum.

Thanks
I agree! For a healthy self esteem, one needs to appreciate his/her cultural roots. Immigrants are like houses; you can decorate a house, but you can not change its foundation. Our roots are what makes who we are, and if you abandon them you lose a huge part of your life. Many immigrants adopted the "melting pot theory" by giving up their heritage and roots. For example, many Italians and Jews replaced their names with British ones as soon as they arrived to Ellis Island. They did not want to deal with their origins and their descendents became culture-less. I can honestly say that Americans are really culture-less; if you ask them about their cultures, they will not understand what the heck you are talking about.

Perhaps "she lied" means she filed a false claim of asylum and let's not assume the conditions changed on the home country until hearing otherwise from sickins ...
why you guys not recognize the fact that the cap and fake cases are keeping everybody in line to get GC ....forget about houses foundations and roots for a moment knowing and respecting were you come from is important but is not going to get you a GC or Citizenship ...

I think anyone who wants to visit HOME country should be HANGED!!...Its a disgrace to the asylum sysstem that many of gc holders who got their gc through asylum go back to their country.

DONT GIVE ME THE BS about the regime change and blah blah..and roots and blah!.....Anyone who wants to go back..and i mean WANT..so dont jump on me..PPL with emergency need who "HAVE" to go back is understandable..but ppl who want to go there for a vacation..should be hung in the middle of downtown D.C!

Its abuse of the system!...I dont care what everyone says. I am pretty sure that 9 out of 10(including me) would be SAFE to go back to their home country but the "would" is always there..its not YOU WILL BE SAFE...that doubt of being safe or not gave most of us asylum..

PPL like me who were a religious minority in a MUSLIM country will never be safe no matter who rules the country...

If i could do it..I would strip my nationality and bury it that NO ONE KNOWS! I hate it with passion..The worst thing that happeneed to me was to be born there..PLS DONT ASK WHAT COUNTRY.

wantmygcnow said:
I think anyone who wants to visit HOME country should be HANGED!!...Its a disgrace to the asylum sysstem that many of gc holders who got their gc through asylum go back to their country.

DONT GIVE ME THE BS about the regime change and blah blah..and roots and blah!.....Anyone who wants to go back..and i mean WANT..so dont jump on me..PPL with emergency need who "HAVE" to go back is understandable..but ppl who want to go there for a vacation..should be hung in the middle of downtown D.C!

Its abuse of the system!...I dont care what everyone says. I am pretty sure that 9 out of 10(including me) would be SAFE to go back to their home country but the "would" is always there..its not YOU WILL BE SAFE...that doubt of being safe or not gave most of us asylum..

PPL like me who were a religious minority in a MUSLIM country will never be safe no matter who rules the country...

If i could do it..I would strip my nationality and bury it that NO ONE KNOWS! I hate it with passion..The worst thing that happeneed to me was to be born there..PLS DONT ASK WHAT COUNTRY.

Stop watching Bill O'Reily- that racist sicko. He seemed to have turned you into an angry right winger who is disgusted with everyone, even your country. I would also suggest that you call the CIA and ask to work for them. They will insist that you abandon your citizenship, so this may help you achieve your goal of divorcing your country. You may be able to get your green card faster this way. I would feel pity for you though having to divorce your roots and culture like that. Frankly, I am sick and tired of your immature outbursts and suggest that you try Xanax to calm down!

I just want to say something here i am grnated Asylum in 1999 -November and my I-485 is August 2001 that means i dont have a GC yet but i had to go back to home country In october 2003 My asylum case is real and i can PROVE IT WITH PAPER WORK any ways the reason i went for will make any one in my shoe do the same even if he is going to get killed my dad was dying and he wanted to see me before he go and died one week after i came back i couldny take my wife nor my daughter with me just in case any thing happen to me i left with my national passport and an advance parole ( i did not renew the passport) befor i go i went to immigration office in Los Angeles and i met with IO and i explained to her the situation ( i have my dad's medical record to show her) she said go NO PROBLEM THAT IS WHY THE ADVANCE PAROLE IS MADE FOR "EMERGANCIES" you cant just say that any one go back should be hanged

Dude Shamson..Calm down buddy!!...I aint a bill o'rielly fan. Its just that I hear that "when I get my gc I am going back to my country" from lots of asylees. Sometimes its frustrating because you are waiting 10-15 years for a GC that you applied and once you get it..you are going to the do the exact opposite...

Now think about it calmly. Unless its an emergency..if you go back to your country for vacation etc..thats basically means you lied in your application for asylum.

I am also sick and tired of your sick outbursts about the IRAQ WAr. AT least I dont have a signature saying 10,000 blah blah iraqis killed etc..Keep politics out of this forum..LOOK WHO IS TALKING!

Absolute 100% agreement. Sooner or later the ICE will call these people into account.

wantmygcnow said:

Wantmygcnow,

Do not worry about that psycho, OK.

wantmygcnow said:
Dude Shamson..Calm down buddy!!...I aint a bill o'rielly fan. Its just that I hear that "when I get my gc I am going back to my country" from lots of asylees. Sometimes its frustrating because you are waiting 10-15 years for a GC that you applied and once you get it..you are going to the do the exact opposite...

Now think about it calmly. Unless its an emergency..if you go back to your country for vacation etc..thats basically means you lied in your application for asylum.

I am also sick and tired of your sick outbursts about the IRAQ WAr. AT least I dont have a signature saying 10,000 blah blah iraqis killed etc..Keep politics out of this forum..LOOK WHO IS TALKING!

usa2002 said:
Wantmygcnow,

Do not worry about that psycho, OK.
Dr Crap USA 2002 (As cookiemonster called you today), you are not worth my response

Last edited by a moderator:
wantmygcnow said:

Who are you to tell me keep politics out of the forum? Who gave you the authority to decide what people should talk about? You are acting like the dictators who kicked you out of your country. I am entitled to do whatever I want. You are just frustrated that you did not become the moderator and noone wanted you to be one given your skewed opinions all the time.

hahah Ok shamson..I am mad that I didnt want to become the moderator? haha thats so funny ! DO i get my GC or do i get a million bucks if I become the moderator...??

Grow up man!! Nana nana bo boo..!

Wow!!!..I just read some replies and comments out of tone in this forum today.. Come on guys, we are in the same ship....we are sailing through rough waters and we need to stand together.....hehe I sounded kinda dramatic.. well anyways...
I was reading all coments posted in this thread and to be honest I still don't understand why asylees like scaring other asylees with stuff like, that their statuses will b e revoked because they traveled to their home countries. Ok, travel to your home country as an asylee does not make sense at all.Also is an inmature and disrespectful attitude to the authorities and serious institutions of this country because you are arguing persecution in your home country. But, there's people that have traveled because of an emergency or maybe one time when they got asylum and they did it because of a stupid mistake. No matter which way, I believe you can't be kicked out from this country because of any of those situations. I think an explanation later to the authorities, at the time of stamping is enough.( if they ask for one)

I see it this way,U have been waiting for 5 years even more for a green card, you have been paying taxes, have properties and even loans to
paid in this country . U are completely settled in this country. Let's suppose you own 50 000 bucks in a loan or whatever..do u think they
are going to kick out somebody that has debts with institutions here?( Example, loan, student loans, credit cards..etc). The more you get involve
with the system, the less changes they will remove you.
Also I think that Asylum status is a "ruling" and a ruling after certain
time and if it has not been questioned it CAN't be revoked. It prescribe after certain period of time. This is a concept that I learned time ago from a lawyer.

The only way this country kicks outpermanent residents is because of criminal issues.....Ok, maybe perjury? that they lied in their asylum applications,because they returned to their home ocuntries>?..I don't think
CIS will sue you for perjury. You can have many excuses for your trip. That's what advance parole is for. Or does it say.." Emergency document..watch oot asylees, don't use it to visit your dying Dad in your home country.." I believe the perjury issue is for people that is falsificating documents and statements. I just want to say to the people that have traveled because of an emergency or X reason, not to worry. Feel secure in this country and the rights that you have already as an asylee. It pisses me off hearing about people going back to their home countries
been asylees but that doesn't stop me from tell them to feel secure about their status and rights. I hope they have not done it twice because if that
is the case.............move the hell out from this country!! and give your visa to somebody else that is really in need.....