• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

highest education - help

JessyJay12

hi guys,

last year I took part of the DV lottery and I might have made a mistake:
Few years ago I was in university, but i haven't finished it because of a good job offer - I've been working for this company for three years now.
So i chose: some university courses, instead of high school diploma. I have finished 12 years, and I do have work experience.

thank you for help :)

So you went to University and never finished it.
Then you get selected for DV lottery, and for highest education you wrote something you never accomplished?
Why would you put it if you never finished?
It doesn't give you better chances if you lie, it can just be worse.

Just unlock your DS 260 if it's not too late and answer honestly that your highest education is high school, but make sure to list that university too on question how many institutions you attended...

So you went to University and never finished it.
Then you get selected for DV lottery, and for highest education you wrote something you never accomplished?
Why would you put it if you never finished?
It doesn't give you better chances if you lie, it can just be worse.

Just unlock your DS 260 if it's not too late and answer honestly that your highest education is high school, but make sure to list that university too on question how many institutions you attended...
If he attended but never completed university, then the answer of “some university courses” on his entry form is correct.

Highest education completed? How when it’s not completed.

Please look again at the options on the DV entry form. He did not claim to have a university degree. “Some university courses” is the appropriate choice for people who have completed, to state the obvious, some university courses but did not get (or have not yet got) a degree. The options 2, 5, 7 and 9 are specifically graduated for people who have more than one level but have not completed the next level.

From the instructions:
Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today: (1) Primary school only, (2) Some high school, no diploma, (3) High school diploma, (4) Vocational school, (5) Some university courses, (6) University degree, (7) Some graduate-level courses, (8) Master’s degree, (9) Some doctoral- level courses, and (10) Doctorate.

Also not sure why you were telling him to open his DS260 when he has only entered and is still waiting to see if he has been selected.