Here is what my new lawyer said

samird

Registered Users (C)
I have mailed RFIE response through my attorney on Friday and while there, asked several questions. She also said that 'we' are close to the end of this GC journey but was not able to predict the timeline. She said her firm is receiving 'massive' volume of approvals these days. Now this is important: She said that she is seeing cases with ND 2001 approved while still many from 2000 pending. She said it is due to several factors. USCIS is working on these cases in batches so each officer will get, say, 1000 cases. Once they 'clear', certain number of cases, they will get more to handle. But they may not be done with all 1000 that they got previously. For example they did not receive requested docs for whatever reason, the person has been adjusted through some other way... Also even if everything is received, for certain nationals, officer is required to request additional background check usually handled by third party. And this really causes delays.

All of what she said made sense to me.

BTW the attorney is from http://www.immigration-firm.com

Well it exactly makes sense!

I am definitely from "one of those" countries where officer is required to request additional background check ... :(
that is why its taking long..

Lazerthegreat said:

I am definitely from "one of those" countries where officer is required to request additional background check ... :(

Lazerthegreat:

Could you provide a list of those countries that USCIS request additional background check ? Thanks

Cl_Asylee said:
Lazerthegreat:

Could you provide a list of those countries that USCIS request additional background check ? Thanks

ANy country with "STAN" to the end will require a background check..:)..Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajiekstan, etc..

BTW my wife's uncle is from afghanistan..who was detained remember? The congressman told us that the CIA verified him from his home country to make sure he wasn't a threat. That whole process took 1 month.

Cl_Asylee! These are all Muslim countries with North Korea added just to show off that they are NOT targeting only Muslims.

Lazerthegreat said:
Cl_Asylee! These are all Muslim countries with North Korea added just to show off that they are NOT targeting only Muslims.

Sucks to be profiled..I am from a muslim country but not a muslim...

Lazerthegreat said:

Thanks a lot Lazerthegreat and Wantmygcnow.

What about South American countries?

Lazerthegreat said:

This is an unfortunate but understandable situation.

Not sure that this is entirely correct. Many Muslims from Bosnia are getting approvals without any problem.

Lazerthegreat said:
I dont know which part of Africa is that but they pay close attention to Africans such as somalians & nigerians

Lazer,

Subsharan Africa is the general designation for countries below the Sahara desert excluding arab north Africa from Morocco to Egypt.

I'm curious, how did you come accross this info?

ThanX for your reply.

FebAsylee

samird said:
Not sure that this is entirely correct. Many Muslims from Bosnia are getting approvals without any problem.

Obvious reasons.

I guess the muslim part of Bosnia is one of the rare muslim places on earth where the average people hold the United States in high esteem. Ten years ago we intervened militarily to stop the genocide of Muslims.

No such warm feeling in Kuwait.

samird said:

Well everybody will get approval who is clean.
The point is longer wait times due to extra scruitiny for certain set of nationals.
A Person from Saudi Arabia who is clean will obviously get approval too.

Lazer!

I just realised your ND?!!! Why don't you call them. You should already be approved!!

samird! I called them and managed to reach I/O at Nebraska. She said that she cannot tell anything about application. I have to wait. The bitch hung up on me when I told her that some of my acquaintances with ND OCT 2000 have already been approved.... Can you believe that?