Help!,Wrong Date On My Green Card.

Manikstor

Registered Users (C)
hi,

After Waiting For Soooo Long for my green card, i finally received it today, As i got so excited after receiving it unfortunately i realised that my Date Of birth Was wrong :(. I have my brother who is younger than me, Date of Birth.

Now i kinda had a feeling about this because when i went for my biometrics back in january 5th. on the screen it had my brother's birthdate and i told the lady, thats not my birthday and according to her she fixed it.

but i dont understand why my green card came with the wrong Day of birth.

Anyways, as i was reading around i have to File some I-90 form and provide full infromation of my birthday with Birth certificate's and other stuff, Correct.

Now my real question is, when i do file for a a change of green card how long would it take to get it back ?as i understand that you have to send the current one with the wrong DOB back. Also As im already 18 turning 19. i want to take my License Test and get a Valid ID, but i won't have my green card to get a valid ID? is there anything i can do to get a ID while i wait for my green card to get back with the correct Date of birth? I heard you can get your passport Stamped for the meantime, and with that i can get a Valid ID.
So yea how long would it take to get it back?

Thanks!!!

Listen carefully

Do take this as serious issue. Now, this is the CIS mistake. But they will try to snub you and not take it as their mistake and may ask you to pay 355 for I-90. DO NOT I repeat Do not pay them any thing.

If you pay, you take the blame that its your mistake. Its not about the blame but if you take the responsibility of changing green card, it will be on your permanent ercord that you made some suspicious chnage and original green card is lost or stolen and each time you come to airport, they will send you to secondary inspection (waste time 2 hours each) for rest of your life, even after you become citizen. It is happening to me as USCIS omitted my middle initial and I wanted them to put and they did not take their mistake and I paid fee thinking what a big deal about couple of hundred. now each time I return from abroad, staright to secondary.

Fight with them, take a alwyer with you to have it correcetd gratis and they sahll not make any notation that it was your fault.

Good Luck fighting with CIS

Hey thanks for informing me. I def do think its their fault and i would do as much as i can to not pay the fee.

But how long do u think it will take until i get it back? And is there anything i can do so i can get a permit and license or at least a valid id. I heard that i can get my passport stamped is this true?

Yea i really dont understand how would they get them confused. I just would like to know how long would it take and what can i do in the meantime

I am just wondering from which possible form did they pick your sibling's birth date?
Probably both of them were tied to the same primary beneficiary and have a similar first name (in addition the exact same last name, of course) so the card production clerk got them mixed up.

I really do not see that happening for some reason. Having said that, that may just be the source of the error :)

Probably both of them were tied to the same primary beneficiary and have a similar first name (in addition the exact same last name, of course) so the card production clerk got them mixed up.

Yea i really dont understand how would they get them confused. I just would like to know how long would it take and what can i do in the meantime

Once you file form I-90 they may take 4-6 months for the Card. send copy of your Passport, Copy of any EAD that you got in past or copy of AP or Copy of I-485 form that you submitted to them (I-485 form copy may be with lawyer who filed form I-485)
**Explain on the cover letter what is mistake on card and the evidence you have attached with form I-90. If one file forms I-90 without fee then USCIS don’t send I-90 filing receipt to you. If you go to local USCIS office after filing I-90 form to get Stamp in your passport they ask for I-90 form filing receipt.
**Keep the copy of each document that you send to USCIS.