• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

help with DV-2015

I'm sorry Jacob. But hey, there's not much of difference between 0.5% chance and 1% chance. If it's meant to happen, it will happen.

It is actually a big difference of 2x! If it happens it will happen randomly not because it meant to happen. What kind of advice is that?

It is actually a big difference of 2x! If it happens it will happen randomly not because it meant to happen. What kind of advice is that?

LOL.

If you buy two lottery tickets you have doubled your chances. But does that really mean anything? Your chances would go from almost 0 to almost 0.

DV Lottery should not be a "plan" to immigrate to the US. Obviously, if you can have two entries, you should! If you can have more than two, you should do as many as you can.

But if for some reason you couldn't have two entries, there's no point in sweating it; it's not like that your chances would drop from 90% to 1%.

LOL.

If you buy two lottery tickets you have doubled your chances. But does that really mean anything? Your chances would go from almost 0 to almost 0.

DV Lottery should not be a "plan" to immigrate to the US. Obviously, if you can have two entries, you should! If you can have more than two, you should do as many as you can.

But if for some reason you couldn't have two entries, there's no point in sweating it; it's not like that your chances would drop from 90% to 1%.

They would drop from 90% to 45% actually :D And considering some poeple have been applying for last 10-15 years every year, instead of 10 entries would have 20 for example. That makes a difference.

Do you live in Greece? Do you use a visa agent based in Greece?
I see u huge peak of applications in DV-13 on October 17th and October 18th, 2011. That is an indication a visa agent is very active in Greece, because when people apply on their own, their dates of applications are more spread out except the last week of submission period.
Yes raevsky,I live in Greece,I am albanian and live in Greece about 20 years.And yes I used a visa agent(unfortunately) based in Greece.Maybe you are right,because that was very dogged so many people finally and up making a deal with them BEFORE last week,I d not know...

They are holding your confirmation number as "hostage" to extort you a couple of thousand dollars more when you get selected before handing you the confirmation number.

It's a bad idea to use a "company" for DV.

This is sooooo sad.....

It may seem an idiotic question, but: This year, can I use the photo which I had used for last year's lottery? Or I must take a new one?

another question: What's up with 2013 additional entries ?

But I personally like that - that means opponents do not have any meaningful arguments and have no other way to argue other than to attack me personally.

An edit 4 hours later! That's too obsessive. 4 hours of deep thinking how to recover from being caught lying and intentionally misinforming people and claiming the official PDF rules don't apply :( You begin the personal offenses and call people "incompetent" for showing your ignorance, then you cry about "personal remarks"? Hypocrisy embodied! Go plan for 4 more hours and try harder next time, and when you post false information and people don't believe you you can't order them to thanks you forcefully ;)

For the benefit of the original poster who needs an answer and is confused, as you have read me and eddy got our visas using the correct way. Wikepidia link explains what a "middle name" is in arab countries, you have the original PDF from 2013 which the troll claims is invalid despite being what we were instructed to follow before applying, and the US embassy in Cairo confirmed what we said and I gave you the number to call and hear for yourself. Raevsky has a history of trolling and lies and he was banned for it. Read this link and see his lies and trolling and banning

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...e-Number-be-Happy/page2&p=2624781#post2624781

He started personal attacks in this thread then cried to admins, and whatever happens only one liar and troll remains in this thread even if others lost their temper.

The general atmosphere of this particular sub-forum (DV) is astonishingly friendly. It's above and beyond the standard for the Internutz. I'm not surprised when people arrive their attitude may not match the general attitude of the forum. It's in their own interest to adapt, otherwise they will be soon gone.

blah blah

Eddy89 and Rafi-cairo. Can I ask you to read the quote above that was posted in this thread coincidentally. It is obvious to me that the two of you have good input to give, but are both spending too much energy on negativity that raises the forum "noise" level. We all have different ways of expressing ourselves and different reasons for participating here, but right now you seem obsessed with picking a fight with someone who has been here years and provides a lot of excellent information (along with some sharp words although he is a LOT better than he used to be). Anyway, the point is feel free to ignore this request - but the forum would be a better place if we could just turn down the personal attacks and focus on the information. If you disagree with something written, then by all means speak up, but why make it personal?? I hope you will respect that request.

Britsimon,

Could have not said better myself! Thank you.

Eddy89 and Rafi-cairo. Can I ask you to read the quote above that was posted in this thread coincidentally. It is obvious to me that the two of you have good input to give, but are both spending too much energy on negativity that raises the forum "noise" level. We all have different ways of expressing ourselves and different reasons for participating here, but right now you seem obsessed with picking a fight with someone who has been here years and provides a lot of excellent information (along with some sharp words although he is a LOT better than he used to be). Anyway, the point is feel free to ignore this request - but the forum would be a better place if we could just turn down the personal attacks and focus on the information. If you disagree with something written, then by all means speak up, but why make it personal?? I hope you will respect that request.

I can only speak for myself, and I hope you don't get offended when I tell you that while you're free to root for your friend whom you obviously are very familiar with, I too am free to consider your words of very little use or objectivity. I totally agree that respect is a must, but go back and read and see who started with negativity. He could have been here forever and I'm the new guy, but facts remain facts and he is the one who started with personal remarks and negativity, unless in your mind calling someone "incompetent" for offering different info is "friendly" or respectful. I did some search, and in addition to the thread where he was banned and called a troll and liar, I found many other threads where he fought with people after posting his wrong information. If this gets me booted I'm fine, but I'm not to be intimidated into letting someone delude people :) Have a lovely evening

+1

I can only speak for myself, and I hope you don't get offended when I tell you that while you're free to root for your friend whom you obviously are very familiar with, I too am free to consider your words of very little use or objectivity. I totally agree that respect is a must, but go back and read and see who started with negativity. He could have been here forever and I'm the new guy, but facts remain facts and he is the one who started with personal remarks and negativity, unless in your mind calling someone "incompetent" for offering different info is "friendly" or respectful. I did some search, and in addition to the thread where he was banned and called a troll and liar, I found many other threads where he fought with people after posting his wrong information. If this gets me booted I'm fine, but I'm not to be intimidated into letting someone delude people :) Have a lovely evening

Nobody is intimidating you or booting you. Just asking you to keep on topic and avoid/reduce the personal attacks. They add nothing and reduce your own credibility. No one is perfect, I have posted wrong information a few times and also got into personal
comments - so I understand the issues - but really - do we all have to watch the forum get clogged up with this negative BS?

Nobody is intimidating you or booting you. Just asking you to keep on topic and avoid/reduce the personal attacks. They add nothing and reduce your own credibility. No one is perfect, I have posted wrong information a few times and also got into personal
comments - so I understand the issues - but really - do we all have to watch the forum get clogged up with this negative BS?

I wish time would go back to good'ol days when people used sentences like "I have a different opinion", "I strongly disagree with you", "In my opinion...", "I don't think that's true" and countless more. If you people feel like having a go at each other then be my guests but open a freakin new thread and throw shit all over it. I come to this forum for information and I expect people to be polite and respectful. If you canot comply then you are free to find yourself a new forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish time would go back to good'ol days when people used sentences like "i have a different opinion", "i strongly disagree with you", "in my opinion...", "i don't think that's true" and countless more. If you people feel like having a go at each other then be my guests but open a freakin new thread and throw shit all over it. I come to this forum for information and i expect people to be polite and respectful. If you canot comply then you are free to find yourself a new forum.

lol!

It may seem an idiotic question, but: This year, can I use the photo which I had used for last year's lottery? Or I must take a new one?

another question: What's up with 2013 additional entries ?

Tnx.