• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

help with DV-2015

Unfortunately, wikipedia is not the official source and in case it contradicts the official source it does not make a lot of sense. 9 FAM is the official source.

I feel really confused... :(
I still don't know how to write my name...

heh heh! poor you, asking a simple question just to be hunted by a troll with personality disorder :D I was making a submission for a friend in DV2015 and called the embassy to ask about changeability and thought I'd ask about the name too, and she said it was like me and eddy did for all kinds of forms and visas dealt with by the US embassy in Cairo. Give them a call Sunday just to have peace of mind and hear it yourself, this is the number 27973300.

NOTE save the confirmation number after you submit because she told me that they will not send letters any more to winners and you have to check online using the confirmation number after the draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like your comments are extremely rude and offensive, and very personal. I have to complain to administrator. I am talking about eddy and rafi.
I am also offended by egyptian who did not thank me for link provided to the official 9 FAM documents giving official answers to his questions.

But I personally like that - that means opponents do not have any meaningful arguments and have no other way to argue other than to attack me personally.

That's exactly how you nail a subject mate and looks like you were pretty EFFECTIVE! lol :p

Hey! Why didn't you thank me? I am too offended and now I want you to tattoo THANK YOU on your chest and post a photo of the tattoo or else..... :mad:

^^^ lol! Don't have time for tattoos, I'm getting ready to start my journey to America in less than 5 hours. Nervous about the shutdown particularly with this news in reply to my last minute checks http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?562299-Effect-of-government-shutdown

I hope it all goes well, and please keep me in your prayers people. Will check on everyone's progress once I settle down and get an internet connection over the next few months. See you!!! :)

Help with dv 2015

Hello everyone!I am new on this forum and this is my first post.I m Albanian living in Greece with my greek spouse and our 2 beautyfull kids.(so sorry for my poor english).Few months ago i sent my informations ,photos ect to some company for filling my dv lottery registration,paid some fees and done.Due the time pased,i understand that was wrong,but no sense now to see the past.Anyway,few days ago they mailed me for submit if we have any change about the family informations,I mailed ok and that's it.Now,I m not sure if they did their job bcs I have not any news,CN or something.At this time we are planing entry having my spouse as primary entrant.But I can't do it for my self risking for double aplication(if that "company"at the last progress the prosess),I a'm right?Any sugestion of any one will be great and really helpfull.Thank you all!

Hello everyone!I am new on this forum and this is my first post.I m Albanian living in Greece with my greek spouse and our 2 beautyfull kids.(so sorry for my poor english).Few months ago i sent my informations ,photos ect to some company for filling my dv lottery registration,paid some fees and done.Due the time pased,i understand that was wrong,but no sense now to see the past.Anyway,few days ago they mailed me for submit if we have any change about the family informations,I mailed ok and that's it.Now,I m not sure if they did their job bcs I have not any news,CN or something.At this time we are planing entry having my spouse as primary entrant.But I can't do it for my self risking for double aplication(if that "company"at the last progress the prosess),I a'm right?Any sugestion of any one will be great and really helpfull.Thank you all!

Your post is very difficult to understand but I think you used a third party company to submit your DV entry in a previous lottery and now you are not sure whether you can submit an entry to DV2015 and want to avoid being disqualified for duplicate entry.

IF I understand that correctly you are right to be concerned. IF you enter for yourself and they submit an entry for you then you will be disqualified. Your only option is to contact the company to check with them whether they have submitted an application for you. If they haven't, then you can submit for yourself.

You should NEVER use one of these companies to submit an application for you - it just opens you up for all kinds of problems - including the issue you have now.

Your post is very difficult to understand but I think you used a third party company to submit your DV entry in a previous lottery and now you are not sure whether you can submit an entry to DV2015 and want to avoid being disqualified for duplicate entry.

IF I understand that correctly you are right to be concerned. IF you enter for yourself and they submit an entry for you then you will be disqualified. Your only option is to contact the company to check with them whether they have submitted an application for you. If they haven't, then you can submit for yourself.

You should NEVER use one of these companies to submit an application for you - it just opens you up for all kinds of problems - including the issue you have now.

Thank you britsimon for your answer,I now that wose a wrong choise but not conserned a previous lottery,just this one,2015.I am just say if my spouse can submit an entry to dv2015,can he?

Thank you britsimon for your answer,I now that wose a wrong choise but not conserned a previous lottery,just this one,2015.I am just say if my spouse can submit an entry to dv2015,can he?

If you are sure that no other entry is being made for your spouse then yes of course!

They are holding your confirmation number as "hostage" to extort you a couple of thousand dollars more when you get selected before handing you the confirmation number.

It's a bad idea to use a "company" for DV.

This year's instructions say:

You are strongly encouraged to complete the entry form yourself, without a “Visa Consultant,” “Visa
Agent,” or other facilitator who offers to help. If somebody else helps you, you should be present when
your entry is prepared
so that you can provide the correct answers to the questions and retain the
confirmation page and your unique confirmation number

Thank you gays for your good intention to help,I got the point.I'm just too sad because I think I missed the opportunity to increase the chances of engaging both,me as Albanian citizen and my love as greek.:(

Thank you gays for your good intention to help,I got the point.I'm just too sad because I think I missed the opportunity to increase the chances of engaging both,me as Albanian citizen and my love as greek.:(

LOL Jacob, gotta watch that guys versus gays thing.

Anyway, I hope you understood that I was saying your spouse COULD enter - unless some company has done that for her...

Do you live in Greece? Do you use a visa agent based in Greece?
I see u huge peak of applications in DV-13 on October 17th and October 18th, 2011. That is an indication a visa agent is very active in Greece, because when people apply on their own, their dates of applications are more spread out except the last week of submission period.

Do you live in Greece? Do you use a visa agent based in Greece?
I see u huge peak of applications in DV-13 on October 17th and October 18th, 2011. That is an indication a visa agent is very active in Greece, because when people apply on their own, their dates of applications are more spread out except the last week of submission period.

Where do you see this information?

I'm sorry Jacob. But hey, there's not much of difference between 0.5% chance and 1% chance. If it's meant to happen, it will happen.