Help is needed ASAP

Nimche

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys and probably I should thank you all for all the support. I am a US citizen as of today. :D

Now, I am trying to process my wife's application and I call the customer service and CS supervisor is telling me that government system is down for another week and we can not do anything for you. I asked her if she can transfer me to an IO and she said no and wait for another couple days.

Now, does anyone know how to reach an IO without going through CS. Her case is out of the processing time and needs to be taken care of so they can start the process. Or anyone has the direct phone number to California Serivce Center (Bobsmyth give me one but it takes a while for them to return your call)

I really appreciate any help as I can not wait for these morons anymore.

Peace

Hello guys and probably I should thank you all for all the support. I am a US citizen as of today. :D

Now, I am trying to process my wife's application and I call the customer service and CS supervisor is telling me that government system is down for another week and we can not do anything for you. I asked her if she can transfer me to an IO and she said no and wait for another couple days.

Now, does anyone know how to reach an IO without going through CS. Her case is out of the processing time and needs to be taken care of so they can start the process. Or anyone has the direct phone number to California Serivce Center (Bobsmyth give me one but it takes a while for them to return your call)

Peace

CONGRATS!! Lucky guy...Maybe you can try emailing the U.S embassy where your wife is? One of my friend was in France and he did that and they helped him through even upgrading his I-130..I dont know if its still the case..that was 2003.

CONGRATS!! Lucky guy...Maybe you can try emailing the U.S embassy where your wife is? One of my friend was in France and he did that and they helped him through even upgrading his I-130..I dont know if its still the case..that was 2003.

Thanks for your help but as you are probably aware, there is no US embassy in Iran. :D

I talked to an IO actually two of them after I left and I faxed my stuff in. I hope it will be fine very soon.

Thank you guys

Thanks for your help but as you are probably aware, there is no US embassy in Iran. :D

I talked to an IO actually two of them after I left and I faxed my stuff in. I hope it will be fine very soon.

Thank you guys

True but all correspondence in Iran is handled by an office located in Dubai according to my knowledge. It would be nice to email them so you would know what you would need before your wife has to visit there. I am sure they will ask mail her what to bring but doesn't hurt for a U.S Citizen to contact the embassy that will handle his wife's case???

I am sorry I don't want to sound preachy, but won't that be a lie and unethical?

What is unethical is taking someone's money with the promise of providing them will excellent and expedient service; but instead placing then in a void where nothing is clear - then when they have a question (because the system is so convoluted), denying them access to someone who can provide the information.

All this could easily be avoided if USCIS upgrades their systems so the online and telephonic systems display the various stages of the application such as:
- We received your application
- We sent you a FP Request
- We received your FP results
- This office is conducting necessary checks and case is being processed
- We concluded the preliminary processing of the application and have transfered your file to the local office for an interview. We have sent you an interview letter
- We have sent you an invitation to take part of the oath ceremony
- You became a US Citizen on XXX at XXX city.

And if you think this can't be done, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada or CIC's eCas system does just that.

What is unethical is taking someone's money with the promise of providing them will excellent and expedient service; but instead placing then in a void where nothing is clear - then when they have a question (because the system is so convoluted), denying them access to someone who can provide the information.

All this could easily be avoided if USCIS upgrades their systems so the online and telephonic systems display the various stages of the application such as:
- We received your application
- We sent you a FP Request
- We received your FP results
- This office is conducting necessary checks and case is being processed
- We concluded the preliminary processing of the application and have transfered your file to the local office for an interview. We have sent you an interview letter
- We have sent you an invitation to take part of the oath ceremony
- You became a US Citizen on XXX at XXX city.

And if you think this can't be done, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada or CIC's eCas system does just that.

Two wrongs don't make a right either. (Just my opinion)

But I do agree that we should have easier access to accurate info about our cases status, which would also save them money and resources (less phone calls) that they could use elsewhere... Wait it's a government agency, never mind :D

Two wrongs don't make a right either. (Just my opinion)

But I do agree that we should have easier access to accurate info about our cases status, which would also save them money and resources (less phone calls) that they could use elsewhere... Wait it's a government agency, never mind :D

Yes you are right but I have no qualms about the deceptions used to get information from USCIS - especially since in my case it literally saved my application. If I hadn't called customer service and lied to get to the IO, I wouldn't have known my IL was sent and was lost in the mail. InfoPass is a good idea, but come on, it requires scheduling and some times you don't get open slots readily available.

You really have to make do with what you have. That is the sad reality.

True but all correspondence in Iran is handled by an office located in Dubai according to my knowledge. It would be nice to email them so you would know what you would need before your wife has to visit there. I am sure they will ask mail her what to bring but doesn't hurt for a U.S Citizen to contact the embassy that will handle his wife's case???

Well,
Want,
To clear this up, I got to tell you for Immigration purposes (Immigrant Visas) which has been filed with an american citizen on behalf of family members can be handled in: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Frankfurt, Naples and Vienna (this is only for iranians).
Actually we are going to Naples, Italy and I have already called them. It was last week.

They said as soon as your paperworks process is finished in NVC give us a call to assist you better.

Want,
Is your wife back in germany? It sucks bro. I am so sorry for you. You have almost one more year.

Take care

hello Guys And Probably I Should Thank You All For All The Support. I Am A Us Citizen As Of Today. :d

Now, I Am Trying To Process My Wife's Application And I Call The Customer Service And Cs Supervisor Is Telling Me That Government System Is Down For Another Week And We Can Not Do Anything For You. I Asked Her If She Can Transfer Me To An Io And She Said No And Wait For Another Couple Days.

Now, Does Anyone Know How To Reach An Io Without Going Through Cs. Her Case Is Out Of The Processing Time And Needs To Be Taken Care Of So They Can Start The Process. Or Anyone Has The Direct Phone Number To California Serivce Center (bobsmyth Give Me One But It Takes A While For Them To Return Your Call)

I Really Appreciate Any Help As I Can Not Wait For These Morons Anymore.

Peace

Congratulations, Nimche !!!

While I am still dealing with CS over the phone (I love them), I thought about this question if they are all in one location or several locations. Because in one option in 1-800 number the Customer serivce server doesn't work and in some other options they are working and they help you.
Have you guys experienced such a thing in recent calls you may had?

While I am still dealing with CS over the phone (I love them), I thought about this question if they are all in one location or several locations. Because in one option in 1-800 number the Customer serivce server doesn't work and in some other options they are working and they help you.
Have you guys experienced such a thing in recent calls you may had?

They are in several locations - I know for sure in California and down south somewhere. So this makes sense that their servers are not necessarily connected.

Well,
Want,
To clear this up, I got to tell you for Immigration purposes (Immigrant Visas) which has been filed with an american citizen on behalf of family members can be handled in: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Frankfurt, Naples and Vienna (this is only for iranians).
Actually we are going to Naples, Italy and I have already called them. It was last week.

They said as soon as your paperworks process is finished in NVC give us a call to assist you better.

Want,
Is your wife back in germany? It sucks bro. I am so sorry for you. You have almost one more year.

Take care

Yah one more year to go. I am hoping by the time I apply next september, the wait time is reduced to 6 months.

Peace

Congratulations Nimche!! Finally you're a USC !!..:)