HELP Immigrant Visa Interview Soon and Affidavit/Sponsor Issue!

Laura Gill

Hey everyone,
Me and my US husband have been applying for my spouse sponsored visa since january (I'm from UK),
and when we started applying he was in the US Air Force. He was still in when we filled out the Affidavit I-864EZ which states he is currently employed in the US Air Force and shows his previous 3 years earnings and previous tax form. But he got out of the Air Force this May, and my interview is coming up in 2 weeks at the beginning of June. Should we keep the form as is or do you think I should try and get a joint sponsor in time, (he is currently in America so we would have to rush to get the documents filled out and send to the UK before the interview). I am freaking out because I know there is a chance the Immigration Officer will say we need to go and get more proof, as he is currently unemployed, but we do have savings to show if they let us use this as proof (the Dept of State site says I-864EZ can't use proof of assets and I don't know why). But if this happens I am worried about how long it will take to get the visa approved if we have to send Joint Sponsor form. ANY HELP??? Please!
Thanks!!

AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW CONSULAR OFFICER ASKED ME TO SUBMIT NEW JOINT SPONSOR. BECAUSE MY CURRENT JOINT SPONSOR IS NOT SUFFICIENT INCOME TO SUPPORT ME MY QUESTION IS I HAVE TO SUBMIT MY PETITIONER AFFIDAVIT SUPPORT WITH NEW JOINT SPONSOR AFFIDAVIT SUPPORT OR JUST NEW JOINT SPONSOR PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION IT'S MY HUMBLE REQUEST. I HAVE POST SAME QUERY MANY TIME BUT NO RESPONSE. PLEASE PLEASE HELP

I didn't need a joint sponsor in the end, my application was accepted as it was so I can't say from experience but I will try to answer how I would do it if I were you. If you originally took a joint sponsor petition and you need to do a new one I would only redo the petitioner application if it has specifics about the joint sponsor you used the first time, if it does start again and take a new application with you and a new joint sponsor application. If it doesn't refer to the joint sponsor you might be ok with just a new joint sponsor application. That's just my advice I can't say for sure as I never filled out a joint sponsor application.

Just reread your question I think yes you should do a new joint sponsor affidavit you can't use the first one as that sponsor will not be relevant anymore. But doing a new affidavit isn't hard if you have the sponsor.