Hell of "XXXX Review"

clear485

Registered Users (C)
Extended Review.... heard few times from customer service
Additional Review.... heard couple of times from customer service
Under Review......... heard one time last month from customer service
Internal/External Review.... heard last week from IO at 1800 number....
Now....
Administrative Review.... got letter from House Rep's office this week....

So....does all this XXXX Review is same and similar review procedure or had difference ?

Does these XXXX Reviews create any problem at POE while we return on AP ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now....

So....does all this XXXX Review is same and similar review procedure or had difference ?

can someone actually explain the above terms. i myself have heard from IO in Nebraska that my case is in "internal/External review"
or
all the above terms are a way to get rid of you?

Administrative Review

Clear 485 Any update on your case.

I am also stuck in name check and now got a letter from my congress man that my case is under going an administrative review.::mad:

Any idea what this means??

Now....

monsur rahman,
This review thing is most likely nothing more than a veneer over CIS inaction. How long have you been waiting and what's your case history and time lines?

im in the same problem. if anybody have any idea/information pls help me. thanks

Administrative Review

I am stuck in administrative review, at least that is what my congressman told me. CAn anyone here explain what that means???

This is just too generic a status to make sense of. Start thinking about WOM if you don't want to wait any more.

Earlier for cases stuck in name check, depending on whom you talked to (Congressman, USCIS customer service line etc), you may have heard this term. Even when one agency/source was saying that the application is under Extended/Additional/Administrative/Internal/External Review, the other source (let say congressman) was consistently stating pending name check. This could just mean that cases that were stuck because of name check (prior to USCIS change in policy which allows AOS adjudication if the name check remains pending for at least 180 days) are technically not even under all those "Reviews" and are ready for adjudication.

I am stuck in administrative review, at least that is what my congressman told me. CAn anyone here explain what that means???

Do you anyone who has filed WOM in this situation and what happened after he or she filed it? By the way I am dealing washington distric office. The laziest office in the country.

This is just too generic a status to make sense of. Start thinking about WOM if you don't want to wait any more.

Earlier for cases stuck in name check, depending on whom you talked to (Congressman, USCIS customer service line etc), you may have heard this term. Even when one agency/source was saying that the application is under Extended/Additional/Administrative/Internal/External Review, the other source (let say congressman) was consistently stating pending name check. This could just mean that cases that were stuck because of name check (prior to USCIS change in policy which allows AOS adjudication if the name check remains pending for at least 180 days) are technically not even under all those "Reviews" and are ready for adjudication.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think admin review and security checks are different. Admin review is when they audit cases for fraud etc.

Why do you say it is audit of case. Do you have personal experience or you know who has been under this review??