****Hearing date rescheduled to June 3, 2004****

Re: Congratulations and some info

Did you ask about the separate track for concurrent filing, what staff/officers on that track are doing since there is no concurrent filing back in 2001.

Originally posted by iknowitall
Now out of curiosity I called USCIS today to ask about whats going on. And well this could be totally false but this is what the lady who picked up the phone told me.

You are a concurrent filer for 140 and 485 so your application will be processed together BUT hear this " The processing date will be that of the 485 application" ??????????????? and I was like OK. And well you can imagine what that means she told me in my case they we processing Dec 2001. Now if what she said is true all the best concurrent filers because it looks like we wont even see a 140 approval and I dont know what that means in concern to the 180 days waiting rule.

Rajiv all my wishes and luck is with you and hope we get something out of this litigation but well please make sure you clarify during the hearing what the USCIS is up to because as of now what I see and heard from them today morning concurrent files are in much deep than they think.

Re: Congratulations and some info

Originally posted by iknowitall

You are a concurrent filer for 140 and 485 so your application will be processed together BUT hear this " The processing date will be that of the 485 application" ??????????????? and I was like OK. And well you can imagine what that means she told me in my case they we processing Dec 2001. Now if what she said is true all the best concurrent filers because it looks like we wont even see a 140 approval and I dont know what that means in concern to the 180 days waiting rule.

With all due respect, the customer service representatives are the least knowledgeable about immigration matters. You asked the the wrong person the wrong question, she gave her own interpretation probably to hide her ignorance.

Look at the Vermont I140 forum you will get the correct answer.

Re: Re: Congratulations and some info

Originally posted by I140_2003
With all due respect, the customer service representatives are the least knowledgeable about immigration matters. You asked the the wrong person the wrong question, she gave her own interpretation probably to hide her ignorance.

Look at the Vermont I140 forum you will get the correct answer.

I agree.

Presentation

Just a thought,

It would be ideal if all the plaintiffs show up in a formal suit.

Would it be nice to also have people from different origins (multi-cultural) as well?

Mr. Khanna,

Should we also help you prepare a powerpoint presentation or something of the sort in hard copy with an IT savvy touch to make it look much nicer?

Thanks,
Subash

Re: address of the court

i am in Gaithersburg for a meeting May 9-13 - am trying to reschedule my return on the 14th - subject to capacity.

attached are the directions

Originally posted by desigc2003
Can someone please post the address to the court. I am 100% sure that I will attend the court on that day.

And also I have never been court before in this country so would like to know how to get in like any procedure or any admission registration kind of instructions.

thanks,

Kudos to Rajiv, win or lose atleast we tried, this lawsuit has given hope to so many, at our time of need. It gives us, the downtrodden, our day in court to take on the INS on a equal footing.

Many thanks Rajiv and I hope you have a great day in court! Kick some INS ASS! :)

Created a new thread for signing for HEARING

Created a new thread for Signing up for hearing. Please signup in that thread. That way we can keep it clean.

Please signup for hearing. If you live near the Hearing location, or if you can make it by flying please attend the hearing. Its a great opportunity to show our streangth and to contribute from our side to the lawsuit. Its our lawsuit and we have to make it a success. Its in our hands.

Here is the link to signup for HEARING....

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124696

i did read the vermont 140 forum and alot of other information and believe me i do hope and agree that what you guys are saying is correct. i want to believe that too but the lady dint know much so she did put me on hold for a minute or so and than came back after asking a officer and that is what she told me. it did not make sense as you guys are saying because concurrent file dint even start than but she said your processing date would be that of your 485 and that would be dec 2001 in your case.

well i am hoping she dint know what she was talking about . but thats what she told me.

lets see if we hear some recent concurrent files in 2004 with fp done getting processed and cleared soon. that would surely help my case.

thanks guys.

Well, I do believe she made her best effort to answer but she is wrong. Quoting from the memo:
...... For the purpose of measuring and reporting local processing times for these forms, the local I140 processing time will control. A concurrently files I485 will no longer be tracked based upon the local I485 processing time. Concurrently files I140 and I485 is to be considered a separate workload from current stanalone form I485....

This clearly is in contradiction to what she said.

My concern...

As per BCIS online, our case has been showing 570-600 days of processing time.. which was over by 6 months back... and still seeing the information I am getting frustrated with INS..

As per my knowledge, They should change the number days and let us know in writtig that sorry for the delay with probable expectation dates !!!!

One more point is when we are waiting in line for I485 approval, why are they approving the cases which are later than us... What is the meaning of RD & ND dates ???

Aren't they properly organized ?????

Another way to understand this is, a concurrent case will be tracked based on 140 RD, however this date will be compared to noncocurrent case 140 RD when put in the queue. Many "nonconcurrent" case has pretty much the same RD date for 140 and 485. Thus, this would prevent new case adjusted before old one, which is the opinion of some post on the 140 thread. It also seems fair. The memo provide no time line, and The separate track donot guarantee processing immediately.

Originally posted by I140_2003
Well, I do believe she made her best effort to answer but she is wrong. Quoting from the memo:
...... For the purpose of measuring and reporting local processing times for these forms, the local I140 processing time will control. A concurrently files I485 will no longer be tracked based upon the local I485 processing time. Concurrently files I140 and I485 is to be considered a separate workload from current stanalone form I485....

This clearly is in contradiction to what she said.

All the best Rajiv

All the best, Rajiv. There is also a possibility for an adjournment of the hearing to a second hearing at a subsequent date that can be determined on 05/14. Right? It is not that we will get to know one way or the other on 05/14. Right? All the best....

Re: All the best Rajiv

Originally posted by poongunranar
All the best, Rajiv. There is also a possibility for an adjournment of the hearing to a second hearing at a subsequent date that can be determined on 05/14. Right? It is not that we will get to know one way or the other on 05/14. Right? All the best....

PG - thanks for the reality check :p

What is likely to happen at the hearing?

We will get good sense of what the Court is thinking about this issue right now.

The court will probably not issue a ruling on the class action right away.

Adjourments are very rare.

Rajeev/Team,
If you consider it correct, may be briefly and politely, you should inform the judge that the members are spread all over US, so not all of them can come to attend the proceedings in court.
I am already sure Rajeev would ask not to reschedule ( and BCIS will ask for reschedule), as any delay adds to our injury.

History

As this will become history when its all over(WIN/LOOSE). Can we ask permission to record (Video) proceedings?
What is the procedure for asking permissions for taking our camera's into court room ?

I am sure the recordings later can be distributed to various media people at free of charge for publicity. Atleast local chanels, where all the minorities can express their voice.

Just a thought

Please advise

-- Thanks

Originally posted by vi00
Rajeev/Team,
If you consider it correct, may be briefly and politely, you should inform the judge that the members are spread all over US, so not all of them can come to attend the proceedings in court.
I am already sure Rajeev would ask not to reschedule ( and BCIS will ask for reschedule), as any delay adds to our injury.

This should not be an issue are there are many(hundreds, if not thousands) to represent this class from DC Metro (Maryland, N.Virginia, DC)