Heading for Interview Today ! wish me luck

ndp125

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
Heading out for interview today in Boston!
Wish me luck!! :)
Hope to give you all the good news!!

Passed the Interview

Hi Guys,
Cleared the interview. It went well he started with Civics questions (stopped asking after 5 questions) followed by English Test.

REst of the time he spent verifying (reading from the form and asking if that is correct) the information on the form. I had travelled to India after sending the application so he checked my dates in passport and then asked the standard questions

- Are you a terrorist
- Did you overthrow any government anywhere in the world
etc.
etc.

The only issue now is the oath date is April 26 2011. I have some travel outside the U.S and am wondering what to do ?

I will post this as a new thread

Congratulations. I am only few weeks behind and will soon have my interview.
I am glad to see things are going good for almost every one in the interview. I had a friend of mine who was grilled over travel dates and the IO had to check travel dates for him on the system using the computer in the office. He was caught changing the travel dates and even with that he was let go and got his approval and oath same day. I was surprised to know that they can check the system if you give them hard time in the interview. His situation was that his passport was lost and he was using a travel document. hence the IO was very suspicious of the situation.
Had any one witnessed of a situation wherein the IO used his/her computer to verify dates?

Had any one witnessed of a situation wherein the IO used his/her computer to verify dates?

During my interview, the IO had my physical A file on his desk, a thick folder having all the paper work since I filed my AOS. He also had my A file or record open on his computer. He had to confirm that the digital pictures taken during biometrics were merged correctly (as he described it) with my file.

Every time at POE they swipe your GC, I would guess it would update their system. I am not sure how it works at land border crossings like Canada.

I had just a couple of overseas trips, which were very short and the IO verified the entry stamp for the last one by looking at the Passport.

Verifying in the passport is very common in comparison to the computer. My friend mentioned that the IO had to do some search to come up with the data for a single trip so it was not simple matter I guess thus using the passport stamp is used often