have lived in usa for over 30+ years now ?

helloducky

Registered Users (C)
hi i live in arizona and hope anyone out there can help me. i am 37 years old and came to the usa when i was 5 years old with my family. my father would later find his options very limited as an illegal alien. so a neighbor told him about delayed birth certificates. my father eventually obtained them for each family member. they essential made us citizens of the usa. obviously it was not true. i never knew the details until recently but i was about 10-11 years old when my father did this. i realized a difference in our lives but never really knew much.

in december 2010 my father was picked up along with my sister and i by a deportation officer and processed. my father is going to be done in april with his jail sentence my sister is waiting for her court for passport false statement and i will have a master hearing in october 2011. i would like to know how screwed i am. i have obviously represented myself as a citizen and have voted. i have no criminal record and i do feel like an american and love this country very much. i also have not been to mexico in more than 30+ years and have no idea what to expect.

what can i do? likewise is does my sister have a chance to stay??? please help thanks!!

You could consider applying to Canada. Since you aren't convicted of anything you should still be eligible for visit visas to the US. At some point there might be amnesty for people like you but Canada would offer a clean slate possibly.

No waiver for a deliberate False Claim to USC. There is an EXCEPTION for voting but you might have lost6 that option depending on the totality of the circumstances. When you were 10 or 11, did you KNOW where you had been born? When did you know about the fake b/c and what did you do about it?

when i was 5 i came to the usa when my father did the delayed birth certificates i was 10/11. so i dont have any real memories of mexico and my parents never talked about anything which may of been the best thing. about the time my father did what he did i was suspcious but i never got any answers. i was an adult by the time i started to get piece by piece the what and how. i felt i had no options because of what my father had done. this some serious stuff with stiff consequences.

when i was 5 i came to the usa when my father did the delayed birth certificates i was 10/11. so i dont have any real memories of mexico and my parents never talked about anything which may of been the best thing. about the time my father did what he did i was suspcious but i never got any answers. i was an adult by the time i started to get piece by piece the what and how. i felt i had no options because of what my father had done. this some serious stuff with stiff consequences.

I'm curious why your father didn't file for amnesty in 1986-1988. Of course you were a kid at the time and perhaps you never got clear answers from your father. But I also wonder why you didn't file for delayed amnesty in 2000-2002. You were an adult by then and--at least if I understand your story correctly--had options of your own that you could have pursued.

Last edited by a moderator:
my parents said that they had no money and deceided to stay the delayed bc route. i didnt about 200-2002 either