Has anyone been successful removing Place of birth from their Passport?

USER2345

Registered Users (C)
Yes...my country of birth raises red flags when I travel. I even feel I am being questioned longer than an overage person when I come back to the US.
I know it can be done. Has anyone actually done it ?

That is not an optional thing for us to choose. Whatever info is printed on the book/card, it is mandatory from the state department.

That is not an optional thing for us to choose. Whatever info is printed on the book/card, it is mandatory from the state department.

You have the right to request from them to write your place of birth (city) instead of country in passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...my country of birth raises red flags when I travel. I even feel I am being questioned longer than an overage person when I come back to the US.
I know it can be done. Has anyone actually done it ?

This is something I didn’t like too. It creates problems in your country of birth as well – as you can’t enter as USC. Partial solution is to request place of birth (city) instead of country as this is allowed.

There are some advanatges of this infomation on passport. If one speak and look different from natural born citizens,
border control can easily understand this person is just immigrant naturalized rather than suspect how come this person
look and speak differnt from opther Americans

If one speak and look different from natural born citizens,
border control can easily understand this person is just immigrant naturalized rather than suspect how come this person
look and speak differnt from opther Americans
I guess I would not be wrong if I said that naturalised US citizens travel more often than natural-born ones. So, the CBP agents who process hundreds of people per day would probably have a very good understanding of why a US citizen speaks with an accent and does not look like your typical Anglo-Saxon John Smith. No need to look at the birth place to guess that this is a naturalised citizen.

By the way, by not "looking" like American, you meant not being white Anglo-Saxon? I guess if you are white but dress nicely and do not speak too loud, you could also be considered non-American as well :)

Even if they were to remove the country of birth..The fact that you have an accent and your race is from countries like pakistan/india/neighbouring countries is enough for them to question you more than a white or black person with no accent..Its a fact and you have to deal with it..Its for your own safety considering what took place in times square

And having your country of birth removed also causes trouble in some countries, where they always want to see it for official reasons (like in the Netherlands, where they are ADAMANT about having your place and country of birth on your official ID).

Well, the terrorists succeeded in taking away the American way of life. It's a sad reality.

what do you mean they succeeded in taking away american way of life...? my life has not been taken away!!I am still living the life i have always lived...

The fact that you have an accent and your race is from countries like pakistan/india/neighbouring countries is enough for them to question you more than a white or black person with no accent..Its a fact and you have to deal with it..Its for your own safety considering what took place in times square

Racial profiling is for my own safety? That's cute. I feel so save now. Let's hope no white Americans mess with this fantastic little security system by participating in terrorism (again).

Well, the terrorists succeeded in taking away the American way of life. It's a sad reality.

It really is, and few realize it.

You have the right to request from them to write your place of birth (city) instead of country in passport.

I was told that you can do this if your country of birth does not excist anymore. Places Like palastine or some former soviet countries.

You think a lack of place of birth on your passport will not raise any questions? The officer at the POE can ask you where you were born and you will have to answer that. So you are back at square one. You should not have a need to hide where you were born.

The only thing worse than a superiority complex is having an inferiority one :)

Yes...my country of birth raises red flags when I travel.

for anyone reading this post in the future:

natural born citizens are born free and they defend countries by choice. their citizenship comes from their choices. we are not born into countries or born into national identites, of which we know nothing until we grow older.

people who think that they know where they are born... in fact know very little about where life and identity begin. "birthplace" on any document is an error.

if nobody gave you a birth certificate in this day and age, because you are a natural born citizen, you are banned from being issued an id. forbidden to ride a bus in between the states due to your birth. not allowed to officially own any scrap of land. barred from even "equal opportunity" employment due to social security issues. and under constant threat of jailing and relocation across the states and the countries. all due to birth. this is the madness of the current world.