H1Bs a threat to Green card holders and Citizens

C D

Registered Users (C)
To EAD, Green card holders and Citizens:

Let's file a petetion to stop or restrict H1Bs so that the
few remaining jobs go to permanent residents/EAD holders
and citizens. H1Bs are a threat to you so make sure none
of them are hired in your workplace. Its taken many years for
you to reach this status so protect your financial security.

Who is ready to file a petetion to stop or restrict H1Bs?

Cool Dude

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by C D
the few remaining jobs go to permanent residents/EAD holders
and citizens.

First off, EAD holders are not permanent residents. Some are even non-immigrant visa holders.

Second, why don't we try to create more jobs? Only failed countries think in terms of protectionism and jobs being a fixed pie.

Hi,
When you post jokes, it helps if you put a smiley in your post. Otherwise, you will be stirring a hornet's nest here and wasting a lot of people's time. Even if point is correct (that H1B is a threat to others), you do not have a moral right to talk anything against H1B, because you have come up in your life using H1B. I hope that you got my point.

Pardon me, but I hate to say that you're such an idiot.
I never feel threatened by any H1Bs. Let them come to the U.S.
Let the market/business, not a bunch of idiotic regulations created by morons like you, dictates what is needed for companies to stay competitive!

Re:H1B threat

For EAD holders is only a matter of waiting. They are almost permanent residenrs. They have 'been there done that' unlike
H1Bs who are 'fresh off the boat'.

Unfortunately, we don't have the power to create more jobs
or we could have given green cards to all Iraqi citizens!

Cool Dude

CD

This is not about companies staying competetive. This is about your future in this country. More the H1Bs that companies bring in, less number of jobs for you and me.

Re: Re:H1B threat

Originally posted by C D
For EAD holders is only a matter of waiting. They are almost permanent residenrs. They have 'been there done that' unlike

Why is that? Are L-2/E-2/J-2 non-immigrants in the same boat?

Unfortunately, we don't have the power to create more jobs or we could have given green cards to all Iraqi citizens!

You do. You or your spouse can start a business. You can make your employer more productive. If you're worried about being replaced by a cheaper individual, why not seek to make yourself more productive? You won't survive through protectionism. You will survive by making sure that the value you provide matches your compensation.

If protectionism worked so well, how come India was an economic basket case until they started liberalizing their economy in the early 1990s?

CD

I suspect you are holding EAD currently. Once and if you get GC - you will probably talk against EAD holders taking the jobs along with H1B's and once you are a citizen - you would like all the GC's to be revoked I assume.

You have probably forgotten this is an immigration support forum - not a hate site.

Re: CD

Originally posted by C D
This is not about companies staying competetive. This is about your future in this country. More the H1Bs that companies bring in, less number of jobs for you and me.

I see a very bright future in this country and I am not feeling insecure about it! I have backup plans for my career and life.

Bring H1B/L1 or whatever employment-based nonimmigrant visa holders! They can live and work in this country.

Re:H1B threat

RealCanadian,

You are living in a dream world. Who told you that the most productive employees get to keep their jobs? Productiveness
means nothing when it can get done with cheap labor from third world countries.

No matter how hard you work and accomplish, any company can find your replacement from a third world country willing to work for a lot less just so that he can step into this country.

Re: Re:H1B threat

Originally posted by C D

Unfortunately, we don't have the power to create more jobs
or we could have given green cards to all Iraqi citizens!

Cool Dude

You calling others FOB?? You are a selfish, greedy, narrowminded pathetic loser! If you cant keep your job you need to do what other people are doing. Unlike you many people on this board are capable of keeping their jobs in any event. If you have the stuff you cannot be replaced. But you probably came here on a fake degree and fake experience from your uncle's company!! If you cant face the competition go back or switch carreers!

What would you do if the citizens get a law passed that states that CITIZENS should be considered over green card holders?

CD, I very well know your (selfish) kind.....you climb up the ladder and then remove it (or kick others attempting to do so..)... Nobody is indispensable....If you have the skills you shouldn't be worried about getting replaced...I am sure you have heard about survial of the fittest.....

patienceGC

patienceGC,

calm down you need to pratice your name and be 'patient'. anyone can be replaced. just a matter of time of your company finding an H1B!

Originally posted by RajeshJ
CD, I very well know your (selfish) kind.....you climb up the ladder and then remove it (or kick others attempting to do so..)... Nobody is indispensable....If you have the skills you shouldn't be worried about getting replaced...I am sure you have heard about survial of the fittest.....

Good point, RajeshJ. CD knows exactly that he will NOT be able to survive! That's the main reason this moron came up with that pathetic idea. He is feeling insecure and too stupid to think how to deal with the situation..

H1B threat

There are many ways to 'survive'. Besides working hard and being productive, you can survive by eliminating unfit H1Bs who are a threat to the American job market and the economy.

CD:

Jobs are where the most competitive candidates are. At this age of globalization, if you do not allow the employers to bring the candidates to the US, then they will simply take the jobs elsewhere.

This is especially true with those jobs that demand high level of education or skill.

You should welcome them. At least they will be paying social security tax to finance the retirement of lazy ass like you.

This country is run by big businesses. Give you all the freedom you want, at the end of the day, their interest will decide the policy.