H1B visa to a non-IT profile

abhisam

Registered Users (C)
I am currently working in the IT field as a Business Analyst on an H1B visa. I may get a business profile (non-IT) at another company.

Can this new company transfer my existing H1 to their non-IT position? In other words, is the H1B visa flexible on the kind of work I do or do I have to stick to IT as long as I am on this particular H1B visa?

Please help!
- Abhisam

I believe you can do that.
Each transfer is brandnew petition without cap, and they need to submit LCA which describes job duty and must be approved.
however, I won't recommend to join them immediately after filing unless you are very confident on your educational background on the new job as there might be risk of denial.

Thanks a lot GotPR! I really appreciate your help in this regard.

I have two more quick question. I have an approved EB-3 PERM through my current company and my I-140 has been submitted.

1. Can I use my current Priority date if the new company, submits a new PERM application for me? If I get the I-140 approved by the time I quit, can I get that tranferred to the new company too?
2. My current employer has not forwarded me any papers for my approved PERM application yet. Are there any papers that I need to keep to reuse the priority date? Or is the whole process online with no paperwork at all?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

- Abhisam

abhisam said:
Thanks a lot GotPR! I really appreciate your help in this regard.

I have two more quick question. I have an approved EB-3 PERM through my current company and my I-140 has been submitted.

1. Can I use my current Priority date if the new company, submits a new PERM application for me? If I get the I-140 approved by the time I quit, can I get that tranferred to the new company too?
-------------- if I-140 gets approved you can recapture early PD.request you lawyer to recapture early PD at the time of filing second I-140 (he may need the evidence of past I-140 approval)
2. My current employer has not forwarded me any papers for my approved PERM application yet. Are there any papers that I need to keep to reuse the priority date? Or is the whole process online with no paperwork at all?
----------------------- PD cant be used based on LC approval. one can recapture the early PD only if I-140 is approved.
Thanks in advance for all your help!

- Abhisam