H1B Visa stamp in Pakistan, Latest situation

How common are your first and last names? The length of your name check depends a lot on your name(s). What status do you have in Canada? If you entered on a visit visa, you will need to leave after your 6 months are up.

Does anyone have any idea how long security check is taking these days?

H1 stamping from Islamabad

Salam
I'm a doctor completing residency training in the US on an h1. My original H1b stamping was done from islamabad. After completion I will start a private job, however I cannot start before October 1st, 2009. My residency end on July23and my I-94 expires on August 3rd. Since my husband will be continuing training in the US at another program do I have any options left to allow me to stay here in the US. my residency program will/can not extend my h1b.

Should i switch to H4, can I even do that if my husband is on J1? Should i switch to J2 or will that be even worse?

Also what is the current situation with getting h1 stamps from islamabad? what are the current wait times for the interview dates and times to get the passport back?

Will it be better for me to get the visa stamped from canada? are certain US consulates in canada better? What is the process for getting this done

Please help
Jazakallah

Hi,

I got my H1B visa after 22 months and now I am in US working for my employer luckly my employer had a recent job opening.
i applied from islamabad in july 2007

I have some confusion will highly appreciate the suggestions,

currently on H1b visa but i dont want to go Pakistan on H1 as i could lost my job if stamping takes alot of time.
I am applying for GC i am a master's student working as an RF engineer since last 6 months, how much time GC processing takes in my case. Can i apply under EB2?
another problem is i heard that after getting GC if i sponsor my wife ( am not married yet) it will take atleast 4-5 years, So is it possible that i can do nikkah on phone and apply GC for my spouse together?
My finace is an european national, So i beleive she can come to usa for atleast 6 months without any visa so do u think i can take a benefit of this situation and should not apply GC for her with me ?
During my GC processing can i visit Pakistan on my Valid H1B ?

help me out please !!!!!

One needs a master's degree for EB2 or bachelor's degree plus 5 years of relevant experience.

I am applying for GC i am a master's student working as an RF engineer since last 6 months, how much time GC processing takes in my case. Can i apply under EB2?

As long as you are married when your I-485 is adjudicated, your wife will get her GC with you.

So is it possible that i can do nikkah on phone and apply GC for my spouse together?

VWP entries are limited to 3 months. Regardless, since she has preconceived immigrant intent, do not go down this route. Get her into the US on H-4 first.

So i beleive she can come to usa for atleast 6 months without any visa so do u think i can take a benefit of this situation and should not apply GC for her with me ?

Yes

During my GC processing can i visit Pakistan on my Valid H1B ?

salam thanx alot ghori..

One more thing If i stay in usa and do nikkah on phone , complete all marriage certificates will they also need to see the wedding pictures ? this is something which is not possible for me because as i mentioned earlier i dont wana leave usa before my green card and i dont wana get green card without including her else it would be tough for us in future. suggest me the smart move as i am in between of applying my greeen card just waiting for some good suggestions.

another Can i call her on visit visa and just takes some snaps to show as wedding pictures? ( IF pictures really needed )

What do you think how much time GC process takes in my case, I mean EB2 category ( just wana make sure is there any expereince requirement also with master to fullfill EB2 requirement) ?

Is it true we cannot go for stamping anymore to canada ? is there any benefit of get stamped in canada over pakistan ( as far as time frame is concerned)

Help me out please will highly appreciate it :)

A1: Best option is to bring her on H-4. No need for a visit visa.
A2: Check the processing times of your relevant SC.
A3: You can go to a US consulate in Canada for your H-1B renewal. There is always a risk of having to stay in Canada for an extended period if stuck in administrative process.

another Can i call her on visit visa and just takes some snaps to show as wedding pictures? ( IF pictures really needed )

What do you think how much time GC process takes in my case, I mean EB2 category ( just wana make sure is there any expereince requirement also with master to fullfill EB2 requirement) ?

Is it true we cannot go for stamping anymore to canada ? is there any benefit of get stamped in canada over pakistan ( as far as time frame is concerned)

Help me out please will highly appreciate it :)

H4 is a dependent visa ( spouse visa) if i am on H1B right ?

even On H4 do they need wedding picture ? let u know i am not married yet.. if i marry(nikkah) her on phone will that be enough? I will show them the marriage papers etc?

let say if she gets H4 and doesnot visit .. can i still add her in my Greeen card ?

Yes, H-4 is granted to spouses and minor children of H-1B status holders.
Exactly how much proof they ask for H-4 visas, that depends on the consul. Some consults might refuse the visa if they are conviced that the marriage has not been consumated.
Yes, even if she never uses her H-4 visa, you can add her to your green card process.

H4 is a dependent visa ( spouse visa) if i am on H1B right ?

even On H4 do they need wedding picture ? let u know i am not married yet.. if i marry(nikkah) her on phone will that be enough? I will show them the marriage papers etc?

let say if she gets H4 and doesnot visit .. can i still add her in my Greeen card ?

thanks man and Visa is nothing by a stamp issued by the immigration authorities in accordance with the applicant`s credentials which have been checked and which allow him to enter in another country, respecting the allocated period. The authorization is provisional and is approved by the immigration authorities at the entry point.

nervous

I got my H-1 B visa stamp from Islamabad in 5 days. I had a 30 second interview, was given a coupon and told to collect passport from Amex Lahore in 5 days. Having gone through the process I think who interviews you on that given day makes a big difference.

i ma south african married to my husband for the past 6yrs. He has first time sent for the application of Relative Permit in 19 January 2011 and in the next day it was sent back cos he neva had police certificate for south africa,then we sent for the document and now on 14 March 2011 monday he sent the application back to Islamabad for the permit and they called that it sent back just like before but we dont know what the outcome if it is approved or not waiting for tomorrow to see his passport.:confused: only Allah knows

We both came to US on F-1 5 years ago and then transfer it to H1 and H4 respectively. I have a question on filling out DS-158. In that we have to fill out two contacts from the country of residence... will it be from Pak or USA ? I am confused. Please let me know if possible.

Over 2 months!

It's been over two months I have applied for my H1B visa at the US Consulate in Karachi. Anybody else in the same boat? How long is it usually taking?

I have been waiting for Security Clearnce since last 16 months now.
VISA Approval: Sep 29, 2004.
Still waiting. Ajmalkhan72, Did u tried to contact FBI and DOS about ur Case status. I had some contact number of these Agencies which r as follows:

BI Name Check Unit Chief Unit Chief : Rene Morton
Tel : 1-202-324-1492
Fax : 1-202-324-9890

State Dept Number : 1-202-663-1225
Fax (202) 663-3899
After you call the above DOS number i.e (202-663-1225), press 1 and then 0 and you will connected to

a live visa section officer. The usual wait time is about 3-5 mins.

If u did contact them then let me what u have to say about it.
Another Question: Were married when u applied and Did u applied alone for H1-B or with ur Wife (if married)?

Would it be more easier to get stamp from US embassay in other country

I am in the process of H1B to join as postdoctoral associate at University in USA. (Note Applying first time H1B)

I want to share my case and would like if someone have helping comments).

More recently, I have received email that my petition is received at UNCIS 05.12.12. It is premium service, which I guess will take 15 calendar days to give outcome (otherwise refund fee and expedite the processes).

So I guess, in usual case, I should get Form I-797, Notice of Action / Receipt Notice and I-129 on 20.12.12.

I want to ask few things, I wonder if anyone here know.

1.I understand Form I-797 is what I need to go and apply for stamp at embassy what is I-129?

2. Do you have any idea, how long it will take them to send me Form I-797? Here I am pasting their email if you may anticipate this email s’ subject.
……………………………………………
Please note that USCIS issued the courtesy receipt email notification related to the University's petition for the aforementioned foreign national. USCIS will be sending the original Form I-797, Notice of Action / Receipt Notice shortly. Once received, we will send this original receipt notice to the University with a copy of the H-1B petition, both of which should then be forwarded to the Employee.
The Form I-797 Receipt Notice will follow in the mail.
Sincerely,
………………………………………….

3.Would it be easier if I can wait for original I-797 form and take it and go other country and apply US embassy there for H1B stamp instead of applying US embassy in Pakistan (I am Pakistan national though). Actually I have been offered short research visit in China from Jan-March. So I am thinking to wait here in pakistan for Form I-797 and then go to China and apply US embassy in China to get H1B stamp for me and H4 for my wife there ( I am not married yet but I am planning to get marry soon, I have wrote single in my application before).In case if it is possible then I have option to extend my stay for few more month in China. But would it work and would it be faster?

I am really confused; I heard some people are waiting for 2 years to get stamp at US embassy in Pakistan. My first name is Muhammad but second name is not common while last name is ahmed, I wonder if this may cause delay in security clearance (through computer check etc) I have seen that so many peoples are waiting for security clearance for long now due their name are common and match perhaps with those in exit control list.
Thank you, will appreciate any comment………..!