H1B Visa stamp in Pakistan, Latest situation

I would suggest to contact your lawyer if you had any in the USA and get a duplicate copy of the form I-797. Usually two forms are mailed by USCIS, one goes to your lawyer and one goes to your employer.

You can still get an additional copy by contacting USCIS. Best bet would be to talk to your lawyer rather than banging your head on wall.

Get a copy and send it to the embassy again along with their letter and write a very short (to the point) letter stating why are you sending I-797 again.

Best of luck.

Hi all
I have a strange situation with one of my friend and I am wiriting it here for suggestions for him.
My friend went to Pakistan for marriage and visa restamping as his old one is expired. He came to USA in 2001 and his old stamp expires in 2003. His present I-797 is valid until Jan 2008.
He applied in US embassy for restamping and the took his passport and asked him to wait for adminisrative processing to get done. He is waiting since last year august. Its been 6 months now.
Now just recently he got calls from consulate asking if he is still interested in going to USA. He told them yes he is interested. The third call asked him to produce the new I-797C from USCIS. How can he get the new 797 as the present one is still valid and why are they asking this. What can he do to pacify them. Anybody has any kind of experience.
Please share your experiences so that I can convey him.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent Visit to Pakistan and Immigration at JFK Airport

Current Visa Status = H1B, Expiring in April 25, 2007 (Visa is stamped)
====================================================
1. Coming back on December 6, 2006: RED FILE GIVEN

Got a red file and I was sent to a room where there were a few other people were sitting for their turn to register themselves for special registration. I had to wait for almost two hours before I could get an interview by an immigration officer (special registration process) at JFK New York airport. Special registration took less than 5 mins, took my fingerprints and I've already had FIN # written on my passport and the office updated his records.
I was travelling by myself (H1B Visa)

2. Recent Arrival on February 14, 2006: YELLOW FILE GIVEN
I went back to Pakistan on a 10 days visit in Feb 2007 and on arrival at JFK airport, I was given a yellow file and I was not sent to that waiting room where I usually go everytime I come back to the USA. Instead, my fingerprints were taken right at the immigration booth and I was done in less than 15 minutes.
I was travelling with my wife (H4 visa) and my son (US Passport) this time.

To my knowledge, you need atleast 30 days before you change your status from one to the other. Example: Visit to Student, Student to H1, H1 to visit and so on.

Since, you are not changing your visa status, so I guess it should be okie for you to change your employer. If you need to change your employer real quick, my suggesstion would be to get a new H1 visa with premium processing and you'll get your status within two weeks. Keep in mind that it will be a new H1 visa not a transfer H1.

For a transfer H1 (which is usually recommended by everybody), you do not need to apply for a brand new H1 visa, but instead you can transfer your existing H1 visa by providing two recent paystubs (two bi-weekly paystubs which is equivalent to 30 days). You can also expedite this process by filing as premium processing (pay $1000 extra).

Hope I have answered your question and as I said, this is all based on my little knowledge. For an exact answer, please refer to any good lawyer. Remember, always get a good lawyer even if you have to pay a little extra. Makes hell of a difference.

Best of luck.

One of my friends went to Canada and got his visa in 2 weeks (2nd time stamping), though his wife was told it would take 2-3 months (1st time stamping) so he came to pakistan with his wife.

When he reached here, he got a message that the wife's visa was ready (in 1 week). So i guess its still a guessing game

Question: I will be entering the US after 1 year in Pakistan (long story) with first time on H1. When i land there, i might have another offer so i will require a change of employer. I've heard that you need at least 2 pay stubs for a H1 transfer...this is a big soup of what exactly is a H1 transfer, what is a new H1, whats different between H1 status and H1 visa. My question is has anyone been in this situation where you entered the US on a H1 and required a transfer immediately (without any pay stubs in hand) or some other way that can you start with the new company?

Thanks everyone.

I just got informed by DOS that they've sent my clearence to US Embassy, Islamabad on Nov 13, 2006 and told me that it will take 3-4 months for Embassy to make their decision. No its being about 4 months now I didn't heard from Embassy.
Is there anyone who had the same experience that after getting clearence from DOS how long it will take for Embassy to finalize their verdict.
I am in a hurry b/c H-1B will expires June 02, 2007, so any help will be appriciated.

Phone Number

Salam,

I had my interview on 20th February. I have tried to call at the given number 051-208-2121 several times but am unable to connect to anyone.

Do you guys know any other number?

I also e-mailed them but haven't received any response yet.

What is your experience. What is the best time to call and how long does it take to get a response through an e-mail?

Thanks,
sshn

Sorry about the mistake at my end.
During my Summer 2004 visit. I got married (Nikah only) and got all the paper work submitted before I came back to the USA.

In December 2004, I went for the Rukhsati (Reception and all that formal wedding stuff). So, I had everything ready by December 2004 to bring my wife with me.

She applied for the US visa somewhere in Sep/Oct 2004 and got her visa in a week or two.

Sorry for replying late.
Thanks Ranajee,
that clear out lots of confusion on my end. Is it possible to do a phone nikah, and get her visa stamped before a formal wedding. Any suggestion on this.

thanks

Salam,

I had my interview on 20th February. I have tried to call at the given number 051-208-2121 several times but am unable to connect to anyone.

Do you guys know any other number?

I also e-mailed them but haven't received any response yet.

What is your experience. What is the best time to call and how long does it take to get a response through an e-mail?

Thanks,
sshn
hello sshn
call at 051-2082425
this number is given by American Express and said to me that, Sir you can call there after 12:30
according to American Express, its for Query about your Visa. till now i didn't call but you can if you like

Regards
Amir

H1 Visa Processing Time

Hi Everyone,

I had an interview at US embassy Islamabad for my H1B visa. The VO said that it will take two months for the admin checks from Washington D.C. as my name is very common. It is my first time and I haven't visited US or any other country before.
Any hopeful comments about my case :) ?

Regards,

Shahbaz

Hi,

Hi Shahbaz,

Your case is same like mine i was also interviewed in islamabad on 22/11/1981 and VO ask the same common name.
We both have same last name and its very common i think.

when you got interviewd ?

check the below link for more detials and also register in the tracker.

http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=4724019812&m=772108581

Hi Everyone,

I had an interview at US embassy Islamabad for my H1B visa. The VO said that it will take two months for the admin checks from Washington D.C. as my name is very common. It is my first time and I haven't visited US or any other country before.
Any hopeful comments about my case :) ?

Regards,

Shahbaz

Can I apply for H1B visa along with my wife & 2 children

I got an approval notice from USCIS for H1b on 12 sep 2007.
I m in PAK.
Going first time to USA.
MY wife is filipino.
I have 2 babies (1 year & 3 years)
can I submit my passport along with my wife's & children's passport for visa or I cant apply at this time for them?
I heared that it will help to expedite my case if i apply with my wife

Amir,

You can absolutely apply and go for interview together. Your wife's and kids' h4 application only requires a copy of your h1 approval notice.

make sure you prepare well.

Dear Atlzbest26,
thanx for the info.
First, is it really true that applying together will help in expediting my case in checkname process?

Second, what u mean that I prepare well?
I dont have any idea for interview. wat should my approach during interview.

I even dont know which documents r required for applying for visa in islamabad us consulate. Could u plz tell me which docs are required?

i really appreciate the replies.

what documents required for applying visa in islamabad

Dear Atlzbest26,
thanx for the info.
First, is it really true that applying together will help in expediting my case in checkname process?

Second, what u mean that I prepare well?
I dont have any idea for interview. wat should my approach during interview.

I even dont know which documents r required for applying for visa in islamabad us consulate. Could u plz tell me which docs are required?

i really appreciate the replies.

I am working for a company on H1B visa for last 2 years. I am planning to go to Pakistan to get H1B visa stamp on my passport. This is my first H1B visa stamp on passport.

Can anybody please tell me how much time is required to get this visa stamp in Islamabad. I am trying to get some idea of how much vacation I need for this.

If somebody has recently got the H1B visa stamp, can he please share his experience and what documents did he attached with the application.

Is there a way to expedite this process?

I will be really greatful.

Best wishes.

msriaz
I think it would better if you go to Canada to get H1 stamping insted of Pakistan because they take more then three months and i dont think you will afford mor then a month vaction. so dont take risk

Just share my experience

I just want to share my experience. For my case, I don’t know why but it was always super fast. I visited Pakistan last year and got security clearance in just 5 days and got my passport back within 10 calendar days.

I came to USA and changed my job after transfer my H1B to new company. After that they started my green card process in Jan 24th 2007. I filed the last stage of green card adjustment of status on June 7th 2007 and this time it was again super fast and I got my green card approval in just 61 days (Aug 7th 2007). Even at that time I have approval of H1B till 2009. After 10 days I got my physical green card. So the whole green card process took less than 8 months. (Jan 2007 to Aug 2007).

Wish all of you best of luck.

I married last year when i visited the pakistan and brought my wife with me. She also got Green card with me in this time frame. I dont know weather it will help to get approval quickly or not.

How much time required to get appointment for H4 Visa in Islamabad?

Hi
can anyone help me,How much time required to get appointment for H4 Visa in Islamabad?plz its urgent

I just want to share my experience. For my case, I don’t know why but it was always super fast. I visited Pakistan last year and got security clearance in just 5 days and got my passport back within 10 calendar days.

I came to USA and changed my job after transfer my H1B to new company. After that they started my green card process in Jan 24th 2007. I filed the last stage of green card adjustment of status on June 7th 2007 and this time it was again super fast and I got my green card approval in just 61 days (Aug 7th 2007). Even at that time I have approval of H1B till 2009. After 10 days I got my physical green card. So the whole green card process took less than 8 months. (Jan 2007 to Aug 2007).

Wish all of you best of luck.

Dear MA,
please if you can share your education and experience for EB2 category that would be great. I need to know under what education and qualification one can apply in EB2 category.
thanks.
faranianq