aj9487

Hello all,

I was working on the H1B visa for 3 years in a city for my employer. They offered remote work and moved the company to another city last year. When they filed for my renewal this year, the LCA which they used, suggested my work location to be in the new city where the company was, but my residence address was in a different state.

The RFE asks for a LCA approved before filing which suggests the work location as my current city but we do not have that. I found out after the RFE about the LCA amendment on location change and other rules. My company lawyer clearly did not look into it either.

To avoid a denial and a new application , I was thinking of signing a lease near my company office and asking my lawyer to file a correction to my i-129 in response to this RFE stating they used the wrong old address from the internal HR portal. I'm assuming people file i-129 corrections while application is pending.

Is this possible? Has anyone been through this before? I don't want to have to leave the country and get my company to re file for an extension, I also read that I'll only have 10 days to leave the country.

Thank you for reading and your help.