H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

I went to Toronto just 10 days before my visa expiration.
The guy sitting next to me in the US consulate for the appointment - he had 1 month time for his visa to expire.

so. please elaborate if he got the visa stamp approved.
I am sorry, I may have missed your previous posting; but did you get your visa stamp?
ciscodude said:
I went to Toronto just 10 days before my visa expiration.
The guy sitting next to me in the US consulate for the appointment - he had 1 month time for his visa to expire.

tusharvk said:
so. please elaborate if he got the visa stamp approved.
I am sorry, I may have missed your previous posting; but did you get your visa stamp?
yes..he went before me for the interview and I didnt see any problem. Again..might be an isolated case.

Visa stamping

Guys,

I am in PA, which place is better to go for H1 renewal? Niagara falls or ???
Do we need to take Canada visa in advance or can we take it on border?

Thanks,
-SR

7th year Extension - Current H1B expired

My current H1B is expiring Feb 3, 2006. I still havent got my H1B extension approval , had filed in September 28, 2005. Assuming the H1B extension approval comes thru after Feb 3, what are my options to get it stamped. Is it still possible to get it done in Canada or Mexico ? If so how can I get a visa to get get to Canada or Mexico on an expired H1B stamp ? Or is the only option I have is to go back to India and get it done. Anyone in this situation ? I really do not care to get it stamped, as long as I have my approval, but I need to travel outside the US on work. Gurus please advise. Really need your help.

Thanks,

I797A+appt letter at the consulate are the reqd documents for getting an entry visa to canada. don't know about mexico.
if you n eed only to travel to mexico and canada for work for not more than 30 days, do not worry about getting your visa stamped
sandy2005 said:
My current H1B is expiring Feb 3, 2006. I still havent got my H1B extension approval , had filed in September 28, 2005. Assuming the H1B extension approval comes thru after Feb 3, what are my options to get it stamped. Is it still possible to get it done in Canada or Mexico ? If so how can I get a visa to get get to Canada or Mexico on an expired H1B stamp ? Or is the only option I have is to go back to India and get it done. Anyone in this situation ? I really do not care to get it stamped, as long as I have my approval, but I need to travel outside the US on work. Gurus please advise. Really need your help.

Thanks,

toronto appointment

Guys,

I have an appointment in toronto for H1 for next week on Wed Jan 18 at around 10.00 am. If anyone is planning to go this week to toronto please let me know and we can co-ordinate what all documents we need to take along.

I have been following this forum for sometime now.

Do you know if we have to take undergrad evaluation degree for India if we already have US masters degree. I have not done evaluation for my undergrad as I have a masters from US.

Please advise

Can They Deny Visa To Canadain Pr Card Holder

I Am From Pakistan And I Want To Go To Canada For Visa Stamp From Canada . I Have One H1b1 Stamp From Pakistan And One One From St Lious I Am On 7th Year Ext Valid Till July07
I Have Canadain Landing Papers As Well

My Question Is Can They Still Ask Me To Go To Pakistan To Get My Visa Stamp Or Canada Will Be Considered My Home Country

Pls Help

Tanveer

Visa Re-validation for Canadian PR

Hi! Tanveer- Don't worry you will not be asked to get your visa stamp from Pakistan as you have Canadian PR.
Plan for staying at least 30 to 45 days because of security check, but it is not required you may get visa second day. Just in case be ready for worst case scenario.
Send me email if you have any questions at nisar61ali@yahoo.com

Does anyone have a recent H-1B stamping experience at Toronto consulate? Please share your details.

Also, can anyone tell me how to check what appointment interview dates are available at Toronto consulate? I was unable to get the available dates at www.nvars.com for Toronto

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
H1b 7th stamping in Montreal

Hello Guys,

Lot's of information here. Such a great place for so much info.

I am planning to get my H1B 7th extn. stamping in Montreal. Can you share your experience with me? My education is from India.

Thanks a lot.

Toronto for next week

Anyone planning to travel to Toronto for visa appointments in the next week via Detroit-Windsor, please let me know or send pm.

Kids allowed ??

Hi Guys,
Me and my wife have appointments at the same time 10:00Am in ottawa in Feb. We have two infant kids with us (both us citizens). Did anyone experience any issue in taking the kids to the consular office.

Any feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks
DsD

same day visa issued?

One more quick q. Once the interview is over (in Ottawa ca) do any of you know if th evisa is given on the same oday or the following day. Please let us know.

Thanks
DSD

no need

Unless you are traveling outside of USA you won't need a visa. Also, you won't need to have a visa for re-entry from Canada either, unless you stay in Canada for more than 30 days.

NOT A LEGAL ADVISE!

rp1975 said:
My H1 & VISA expires in July 2006. My employer will apply for H1 renewal soon. Now with an approved H1B which will be valid until July 2009, do I HAVE to get my VISA stamped if I DO NOT plan to leave US. I understand that if I leave US I will need to have my VISA stamped, but not otherwise right?

Probably a dumb question, but a guru's advise will help.

Thanks,

RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
the visa is issued the next day at 3pm. did you book a separate appointment for your wife or did you make just one appointment for you and your wife?

DeepSeaDiver said:
One more quick q. Once the interview is over (in Ottawa ca) do any of you know if th evisa is given on the same oday or the following day. Please let us know.

Thanks
DSD

GCOnly said:
Unless you are traveling outside of USA you won't need a visa. Also, you won't need to have a visa for re-entry from Canada either, unless you stay in Canada for more than 30 days.

NOT A LEGAL ADVISE!

Thanks!

nishokie said:
the visa is issued the next day at 3pm. did you book a separate appointment for your wife or did you make just one appointment for you and your wife?

I took a separate appointment for my wife. She is on H1 too. Could we have taken only one appointment??

Also anyone who is going to Ottawa on Feb 21, if ok, please pm me.

Thanks
DSD

8th year H1 visa stamping in Canada

Hi Gurus,

I am with my present company for the last 5 years and my visa stamp expired by 2004. I have received my 8th year H1 extension for 3 years and now I wish to get my visa stamped from Canada.

My first visa stamping is from Chennai, 2nd from St.Louise. I have my PG from India

1. Is it risky going to Canada for this? . I am seeing some rejections and
221gs

2. Any suggestions which embassy is more liberal towards H1 revalidation

3. In case of rejections, Can I come back to US? Will Canada border allow me to come back US, even if my visa stamp date is expired?

Looks all dumb questions but please help me in directing to right way.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks.

librau said:
Hi Gurus,

I am with my present company for the last 5 years and my visa stamp expired by 2004. I have received my 8th year H1 extension for 3 years and now I wish to get my visa stamped from Canada.

My first visa stamping is from Chennai, 2nd from St.Louise. I have my PG from India

1. Is it risky going to Canada for this? . I am seeing some rejections and
221gs

2. Any suggestions which embassy is more liberal towards H1 revalidation

3. In case of rejections, Can I come back to US? Will Canada border allow me to come back US, even if my visa stamp date is expired?

Looks all dumb questions but please help me in directing to right way.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks.

1. If you have all the documents ready and a valid reason to go Canada for stamping its not risky. But you never know.

2. I don't think there is any such thing as liberal embassy. If you surf this forums you will find approvals and 221gs from all consulates. it depends on your situation.

3. This I do not know.