H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Crossing border by bus

I know that if one flies one will encounter US-visit exit procedure. is this procedure in place at the various bus stations as well?

DS 156 Item 35

what would be the answer to item 35
Has your visa ever been cancelled or revoked?

Usually consulates will stamp on your previously expired visas as "cancelled without prejudice".

Does this mean that your answer to this question should be yes?

I have been reading the forum for the last 3 months. Wanted to share my visa revalidation experience. I had my 7th year H1B extension done at Toronto January 17th. I have a US degree and my first H1B was done in Madras, the second by the state department. Took all the relevant documents(originals and copies). The interview lasted 20 seconds.
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: Where did you go to school?
Me: Gave them the school name
VO: Everything looks fine, pay the reciprocity fee upstairs.
Thats about it. I did take a copy of a letter my lawyers received from DOL asking them if wanted to continue processing my residency, but the visa officer did not ask for any documents.
To the Q35 on DS-156 the answer is NO. "Cancelled without Prejudice" is not equivalent to a visa being cancelled or revoked.

WHEN DID U GET YOUR PASSPORT... NEXT DAY ? AND WHAT IS YOUR NAME BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE MUSLIM NAME YOU HAVE TO WAIT AT LEAST 30-40 DAYS
ek1945 said:
I have been reading the forum for the last 3 months. Wanted to share my visa revalidation experience. I had my 7th year H1B extension done at Toronto January 17th. I have a US degree and my first H1B was done in Madras, the second by the state department. Took all the relevant documents(originals and copies). The interview lasted 20 seconds.
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: Where did you go to school?
Me: Gave them the school name
VO: Everything looks fine, pay the reciprocity fee upstairs.
Thats about it. I did take a copy of a letter my lawyers received from DOL asking them if wanted to continue processing my residency, but the visa officer did not ask for any documents.
To the Q35 on DS-156 the answer is NO. "Cancelled without Prejudice" is not equivalent to a visa being cancelled or revoked.

Toronto stamping rejection

Hi All,

I recently went to Toronto to get stamping. I was given 221(g) and told to apply in my home country. I have US degree. I have an undergrad from India.

I work for mid size company with about 800 employees. I had everything with me pay stubs, Tax returns, W2s, company letter,etc. The consular person asked me the reason to do the stamping in toronto. I said that I did not have vacation and the company was on a tight project schedule. He said I should say something new. He then asked for my US degree, original transcript, company Financial statements, LCA. He then compared my payslips with LCA. He also asked for my undergrad degree. He then wanted to see all previous H1s, all previous experience letters, current letter, companys picture with co-workers and then asked for pictures from all previous companys I have worked for. I did not have them.So he said since he is having trouble evaluating my education (my MS degree was in Electrical Engieering), validating my previous experience and validating reasons to apply there for stamping , he gave me 221(g) and said I should consider applying in my home country as I have better chance.

He said that all he can do is issue a letter so that I can get an early appointment in India.

I saw some posts earlier about people getting rejected but there were posts that were successful also.

I guess whom you get as a consular person matters a lot as it all depends on what they want to see.

This is really upsetting.

abhijeetrao said:
Hi All,

I recently went to Toronto to get stamping. I was given 221(g) and told to apply in my home country. I have US degree. I have an undergrad from India.

I feel sorry for situation! I think they started turning down because lot of us started thronging Canada consulates!! :confused:

So, I assume you had valid VISA to enter U.S again?

I am also planning to travel to canada and get stamped (for my wife as well),
and we both don have current/valid VISA Validation our passport. In that case what will happen if we get an 221(g), should we go to India from canada? Pls let me know. Thanks!

Yes U Have To Leave India From Canada

The New Law Says Clearly That You Can not Enter U S A If U Have Denied Visa From Canada . So Plan Accrdingly And There Is No Gurantee That U Will Get The Visa From Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
tanveer666 said:
WHEN DID U GET YOUR PASSPORT... NEXT DAY ? AND WHAT IS YOUR NAME BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE MUSLIM NAME YOU HAVE TO WAIT AT LEAST 30-40 DAYS
I got it the next day and yes, I have a non-muslim name.

i just sent you a pm...my appointment is at the same time and same day as yours.

DeepSeaDiver said:
I took a separate appointment for my wife. She is on H1 too. Could we have taken only one appointment??

Also anyone who is going to Ottawa on Feb 21, if ok, please pm me.

Thanks
DSD

goodphysiq,

I am currently waiting for my appointment to go to Mumbai consulate. Yes when they give 221(g) , they cancel previous visa without prejuidice.

So I could not come back.

I am in Mumbai and preparing additional docs for my next appointment. So I hope that there will be no probs this time.

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question....do you think there is any "better chance" of getting ur visa revalidated from Canada if your previous H1 was issued from there?

I am on my 6th year H1 and I got it stamped from Toronto last year in January...I will probably go there again at the end of this year for my 7th Year Extension Stamping

I hold Indian degrees...My first H1 was from Bombay, 2nd from St. Louis, 3rd from Toronto, Canada

and one more thing....

I am still working with the same company....nothing has changed...and I also got my family on H4...my wife and my son

abhijeetrao said:
goodphysiq,

I am currently waiting for my appointment to go to Mumbai consulate. Yes when they give 221(g) , they cancel previous visa without prejuidice.

So I could not come back.

I am in Mumbai and preparing additional docs for my next appointment. So I hope that there will be no probs this time.

Thanks for your response and wish you Good Luck with your next appt.

Is Appointment Necessary For Canadain Resident

Hello Guys

If someone is resident of canada and wants to get his H1B1 Stamped from canada Does he still need an appoitment to get H1B1 through nvars.com or he can go to consulate and apply for visa without any advance appiontment

Guys Please response if you know the answar

Tanveer

PR will need appointment thru nvars.
can make appt only at the consulate that serves the consular district in which you are permanent resident.
tanveer666 said:
Hello Guys

If someone is resident of canada and wants to get his H1B1 Stamped from canada Does he still need an appoitment to get H1B1 through nvars.com or he can go to consulate and apply for visa without any advance appiontment

Guys Please response if you know the answar

Tanveer

can someone asker my question......

do you think there is any "better chance" of getting ur visa revalidated from Canada if your previous H1 was issued from there?

I am on my 6th year H1 and I got it stamped from Toronto last year in January...I will probably go there again at the end of this year for my 7th Year Extension Stamping

I hold Indian degrees...My first H1 was from Bombay, 2nd from St. Louis, 3rd from Toronto, Canada

I still work for the same company...nothing has changed

Same situation as you

I am in the same situation as you, except that my first stamping was done at Chennai and the 2nd at Toronto. I am planning to have my 8th year extension stamping done at Toronto as well, and was curious to know if it really does help to appear at the same consulate again. I think it should in some way! Can someone shed some light on this and help answer this question? Thanks in advance!

bbindian said:
can someone asker my question......

do you think there is any "better chance" of getting ur visa revalidated from Canada if your previous H1 was issued from there?

I still work for the same company...nothing has changed

7th Year H1B Stamping in Ottawa,Canada

All,
I have visa appointment at Ottawa at 9.30 AM on 31st Jan 2006. Still debating whether i should make a trip to canada and tension builds up during the last few days. 4 successful stamping , 2 in chennai and 2 in st.louis , same company same position revalidation
1) Indian Degree Holder in B.E . ( Not sure will this be problem ) ( have a old copy of Education evaluation done from university of Pittsburg for LC filings.)
2) on the LCA form , where you will see which place the H1B will be employed? ( It is mentioned as Reston , VA ). I work at client place in
New Jersey and home address is New Jersey for past 5 yrs.
3) Strong reason for Coming to Canada for Stamping.
4) Errorneous Case Closure at Dallas BEC ( Not sure Consulate with Sink with DBEC database). ( Have a SWA , illinois Receipt Notice )
5) Arranged for Client letter but client refuse to give it on Company letter head. ( Not sure whether i get 221 (g) for this or avove case ).

Item 2 worries me a lot and anybody think this could be a problem.

Thanks!

No Gurantee For Visa

Guys

It does not matter how maney times u have got the visa from canada . even if your present visa is valid and they decide not to give visa to u . they will cancal your previous visa in that case you can not come back to u s a at all . Iam not scaring any body but five of my friends went their happily but they have to go back to pakistan . pls pls keep one thing in mind once they deny visa you can not come back here at all under any situation and you will have to go back to your home country if you can afford to go back to your home country then you can take the risk of visa stamping from canada ..............

any common thread amongst applicants that were asked to get their visa from home country when they applied at consulate in canada?
jraghavan said:
All,
I have visa appointment at Ottawa at 9.30 AM on 31st Jan 2006. Still debating whether i should make a trip to canada and tension builds up during the last few days. 4 successful stamping , 2 in chennai and 2 in st.louis , same company same position revalidation
1) Indian Degree Holder in B.E . ( Not sure will this be problem ) ( have a old copy of Education evaluation done from university of Pittsburg for LC filings.)
2) on the LCA form , where you will see which place the H1B will be employed? ( It is mentioned as Reston , VA ). I work at client place in
New Jersey and home address is New Jersey for past 5 yrs.
3) Strong reason for Coming to Canada for Stamping.
4) Errorneous Case Closure at Dallas BEC ( Not sure Consulate with Sink with DBEC database). ( Have a SWA , illinois Receipt Notice )
5) Arranged for Client letter but client refuse to give it on Company letter head. ( Not sure whether i get 221 (g) for this or avove case ).

Item 2 worries me a lot and anybody think this could be a problem.

Thanks!