H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

H4 to H1 stamping in Canada

Can we apply for a Visa stamping in a US consulate in Canada when
it is from H4 to H1B? If yes, how risky is it?

Thanks,

gargwarrier

When you try to make an appointment at nvars.com for visa stamping, there itself you get a warning saying that first time H1 applicants are strongly advised to apply in their home country.
But again if your spouse has US degree then that should not be an issue.

This is not a legal advice...

garywarrier said:

Thanks,

Going from H4 to H1 is not an issue. The only other things that one has to see is how big is the company you are going to work for. If it is way too small, then they might want to verify the existence of the company. It might cause a delay. Or if your company deals with security stuff (occupations mentioned in TAL list, search in google TAL list for more info), then might do a security check on you. These are the only concerns.
garywarrier said:

Thanks,

Sunven,
Did you get any respone from anyone. Are u planning to go for an interview? I am also in the same boat. Please reply.. Thanks.

If you get reply from any one please share with us.

sunven said:
I am landing in Canada on 15th May.

And I am in 7th yr. ext. I fixed an appointment in Toronto. But the letter says that "To be eligible for a visa, Passport must be valid for at least 6 months past your intended stay in United states"

My passport expires on Aug 2nd 2006. My current H1B approval is valid upto March 31th 2006. I have only 4 months past the intended stay (Which is Approval Valid date).

To be on safer side, Can I put intended stay Jan 31st 2006.

Did Anybody come across this situation?

Please help.

Thanks

sun_spark said:
If you get reply from any one please share with us.
You may want to call the number (you can schedule apt tnru nvars.com or you can call them). ask them the question regarding the validity of the passport.
may be still there is time at your country's consulate in the US to extend the passport.

Interview

I had my interview on the 26th April for H1 B at Islamabad as I came in to Pakistan .my case is f1 opt then to h1 b in civil consultancy. I had a 2 min interview and was asked just three question where u work what do u do and whats ur designation it was very brief and the lady told me sir everything looks okay but as u know that u have to go through that security clearance process.. And it takes 3 wks to 8 wks maximum and that was hit.

my QUESTION is she just glanced at my i797 and did not even asked for any documents from me not even my petition,paystub, e.t.c just she glanced so does they have my records in there database I mean my degree, petition or these stuff or how will she check what qualification I have .
If someone can share there thoughts will be thankful.

dont go to pakistan for h1b1 revalidation

Hello

One Of My Friend Is Struck In Pakistan For Four Months Because Of So Called Secuirty Check

Guys Pls Dont Go To Pakistan For Visa Stamping

Can Any Body Tell Me How Long It Takes To Get Visa For Pakisatnies People From Canada

Thks

Tanveer

FingerPrints

I recieved call from embassy (islamabad) to come for finger prints and bring 85 dollars after 10 days of my interview .is this something new or had anyone experinced such thing in canada recently ? if someone can explain

they usually take your finger prints when you are there. In your case, did they do it when you were there? If they had forgotten, they will need to get it from you.
FUJ said:
I recieved call from embassy (islamabad) to come for finger prints and bring 85 dollars after 10 days of my interview .is this something new or had anyone experinced such thing in canada recently ? if someone can explain

How to use nvars.com to schedule canada appointment

Hi,

I am using Nvars.com to schedule an appointment in canada consulate for my h1b stamping. I am in the Calendar page and not able to select the dates. How I will do it.. Any help appreciated...

I am a Canadain permenant resident and currently in US on H1b. Do i need appointment.

Any help is appreciated

H1B revalidation at Canada

folks,

I appreciate your replies on my following questions.

Scenario:

I am on H1B, currently located in USA. I got my 7th year H1B extension based on pending labor. I need to travel to India but looks like the wait period for appointment is 4 months. I am planning getting the Visa stamped in Canada.

My questions follows.

1.Is it possible to get VISA stamped in Canada for existing H1B?.
2. At present my VISA stamping is expired , is it possible to get VISA to Canada to attend the interview?
3.Please advise me on the possible risks etc.

I appreciate your answers.

Thanks

thanks but i think it is now a new process called as "visa Chameleon " but i will see once i am there

Name Check

Hello,

I have been reading these instances of people having common names getting stuck . I came across 3 cases wherein people of name "Amit" got stuck at the Ottawa consulate.As far as I remember, to get stuck, the first name, last name and also the birthdates (+/- 5 days) have to match. How can people get stuck just with the common first name. I mean there must be hoards of "Amit"s going to Canada for stamping. :(
I am confused since I have an appointment at Ottawa on the 31st May.
Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Amit, How u schedule the appoint in ottawa canada,

amit_d78 said:
Hello,

I have been reading these instances of people having common names getting stuck . I came across 3 cases wherein people of name "Amit" got stuck at the Ottawa consulate.As far as I remember, to get stuck, the first name, last name and also the birthdates (+/- 5 days) have to match. How can people get stuck just with the common first name. I mean there must be hoards of "Amit"s going to Canada for stamping. :(
I am confused since I have an appointment at Ottawa on the 31st May.
Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Online appointment

Hi PThomas,

Go to www.nvars.com and then select which consulate you want to go to. It will ask for stuff like your passport number and you will need to pay 15 bucks

Is it possible to get reject VISA revalidation. In that case, can I come back to USA -( If visa is already expired in the passport)
Do I have to return I-94 in the port of entry even if I go by car .

You may not be able to select dates because those dates might not be available. From what I remember the calendar shows dates available in yellow color. Try selecting different month page.

PThomas said:
Hi,

I am using Nvars.com to schedule an appointment in canada consulate for my h1b stamping. I am in the Calendar page and not able to select the dates. How I will do it.. Any help appreciated...

I am a Canadain permenant resident and currently in US on H1b. Do i need appointment.

Any help is appreciated

Single Entry Vs Multiple Entry

Hi guys,

I will be going to Canada for Visa stamping shortly. I am in the process of applying for Temporary Resident Visa from Canadian Embassy. While filling the application there is an option to choose either Single Entry or Multiple Entry Visa. I was reading the insturctions and found this

A single entry visa allows you to enter Canada only once. This visa may also be used for repeated entries into Canada from the USA or St. Pierre and Miquelon provided you do not enter another country.

I am planning to go to India after I get stamping(not directly from Canada). Does the above mean I can visit Canada as many times as I want if I dont go to India. But I cant go to Canada if I wanted to in future after returning from India with out getting a new visa? This is my understanding from the above line.

Can you please tell me whether I am correct or not.

Thanks!