H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

Name Check

Hey Guys:

I just want to update you guys about my case. I finally got my visa after 4 weeks (28 days). Vancouver consulate called me yesterday and told me to come in today morning for re-interview. As per US consulate, they got response from the DOS yesterday afternoon about "Name Check" and they called me in couple of hours. Thats what they told me.

It was really painful waiting. Thanks everyone for their help. I really appreciate that. Good Luck to all of you guys who are waiting for Name Check.

Congratulations!!!

Canada_1111,

I'm really glad to hear the news for you. Congratulations, and have a safe and nice trip home... Now I'll just have to wait for my turn.

Party now? :p

mrajkumar said:
My current VISA stamp expires on June 9th 2005. My new petition starts on June 10th 2005. When is the earliest I can go for my VISA stamping. Someone told me that I could not go more than 10 days before my VISA stamp expired. I currently have an appt. at the vancouver consulate on May 20th. Will they issue me a VISA stamp then? Does anyone have any experience in getting a VISA stamp before 10 days of current VISA expiry (or new petition start date)?

Thanks
Raj

check your interview appointment letter (mailed from consulate or can be downloaded); it will say when you can go.

H4 Stamping @ Toronto Consulate

Can any one share their experience on H4 Stamping from Toronto in recent times.

H1 b Visa Stamping in Vancouver

Guys,
The whole process was really simple . I got stamped on March 18th. I flew to seattle on march 17th 7.00pm. Took the rental car and drove to vancouver.

My interview was march 18th, 8.00 pm. I was the second guy in the queue. The first guy was a h1b ,but he was put under administrative processing. I think if you have a travlled a lot to one pf those 20 countries, i think they are putting you under administrative processing. The visa officer asked me to show the latest pay check, that's it asked me to go and pay the money. It was over in 1minute. Got the passport in the evening at 3.00 clock and immediately travelled back to seattle. At the border the immigration officer asked where are u from and that's it. I did not even get out of my car. That was my experience.

I think except that one guy,every h1b guy got the visa done on that day. Most of the total 40 people atteneded were h1 b guys.

not at all good in mexico .Don't go to mexico

jaxen said:
Non US degree will be categorically refused H1B stamp in toronto (unless it is a F1 to h1). Some canadian consulates have been known in the past to reject degrees that do not sound obviously relevant to the position. For a Non US degree holder (without prior H1 stamp) going to canada is a risk. Mexico is a better choice.

Does anyone knows if someone is cleared for the Name Check or Security Clearance once. Will Consulate will do it again if you go again for Visa after 1 year or so.

Thanks guys!!

Question about re-entry with expired visa and valid I797

It seems some people were able to re-enter the U.S with valid I797 but with expired visa after they were flagged for a security/name check at the consulate. I guess this is due to a different interpretation of the "re-entry within 30 days from canada/mexico" rule.

Has any one done this from canada?

Thanks in advance,
decipher

I've applied for an H1B but haven't got the approval notice yet. I am new to the revalidation thing and was wondering if I can make an appointment at the consulate of my choice before receiving the approval notice? The reason being is that Vancouver shows a 35 day wait for new appointments.

maybesomeday said:
I've applied for an H1B but haven't got the approval notice yet. I am new to the revalidation thing and was wondering if I can make an appointment at the consulate of my choice before receiving the approval notice? The reason being is that Vancouver shows a 35 day wait for new appointments.

you can make appointment anywhere; you may have to cancel it if you do not receive approval notice.

tusharvk said:
you can make appointment anywhere; you may have to cancel it if you do not receive approval notice.
My attorney's office said I can't make the appointment without the WAC number. I haven't even got the receipt notice yet and it's been 2 weeks already for a prem. proc. application.

Will my friend get an H1 Visa????

Please provide him some guidance about this case. My friend got rejected twice for his F1 visa in India 3 years back. So he decided to go to Canada. But he lost his passport in between and filed a compliant at the local police. Later he applied for a new passport and waiting to receive it. Mean while he found his Old passport by some good guy. Since the fall semester is approaching, he wants to try his luck for the last time with USA, and he went for his F1 visa again with his OLD passport and got rejected.

Later he received his NEW passport and attended canada visa and got it successfully. Now the problem is he wants to come to USA, but in DS-157 application they are asking whether you lost your passport before? He can say Yes, but he made a mistake of attending visa on the OLD passport. Is there any way he can get out of this mess? Please advice.

Thanks in advance

niceguy369 said:
Please provide him some guidance about this case. My friend got rejected twice for his F1 visa in India 3 years back. So he decided to go to Canada. But he lost his passport in between and filed a compliant at the local police. Later he applied for a new passport and waiting to receive it. Mean while he found his Old passport by some good guy. Since the fall semester is approaching, he wants to try his luck for the last time with USA, and he went for his F1 visa again with his OLD passport and got rejected.

Later he received his NEW passport and attended canada visa and got it successfully. Now the problem is he wants to come to USA, but in DS-157 application they are asking whether you lost your passport before? He can say Yes, but he made a mistake of attending visa on the OLD passport. Is there any way he can get out of this mess? Please advice.

Thanks in advance

I am not sure how one person can have two unexpired passports. should he not surrender the one passport, inform the passport office and police authorities once he found the old passport? that is the first thing one should do before going to further visa interviews. he has to say answer the questions on the visa forms truthfully if he is serious about coming to US.

these are only my thoughts...

maybesomeday said:
My attorney's office said I can't make the appointment without the WAC number. I haven't even got the receipt notice yet and it's been 2 weeks already for a prem. proc. application.
Ok, I have this all wrong for my situation. I just got my receipt notice with the WAC number and when I tried to go to nvars and schedule an appointment it kicked me out when I said I was Canadian. I thought everyone had to do this? I am wrong?

Finally Outta Canada

Hey Guys,
I tried to post a message few days before also but for some reason my system crashed. Anyway i am finally out of Canada. It took 65 days to get my clearance and wasted no time to cross the border. I am back in States now. It was awfully painfull to spend those 65 days in Canada. I went to the US Embassy in Ottawa.
On my passport they wrote that i got the clearance on 24 feb. I didnt understand one thing that if they got the clearance on 24 feb then why they called me on 15march, what the heck were they doing for over 2 weeks.
My conclusion ...After you get the clearance from security agencies, embassy people take some additional time to clear you..(atleast thats what happened in my case)
If you guys have any questions/concerns shoot me an email in fbhatti@aol.com
goodluck to everyone.

For all those people who are waiting on security clearance, dont loose hope , this security clearance takes sometime but you guys will get through.
Here are few suggestions:
Dont call embassy people everyday to inquire about your case status.
The best way to approach to embassy folks or for that matter any agency(FBI, DOS, homeland secuirty) send them FAX, include your full name, which consulate u went to etc, be brief.
There is no way you can expedite your case, just call them every now and then, send them faxes, by doing that atleast they'll know that u r worried and concerned..
I even had my employer to approach the state governor office and they infact did contact the embassy. Again they cant ask them to expedite your case.
Dont give hope, hang in there..
Regards

I recently saw some article about extending the time line to about 2 years at least for certain backgrounds. I don't remember the details, sorry

canada_1111 said:
Does anyone knows if someone is cleared for the Name Check or Security Clearance once. Will Consulate will do it again if you go again for Visa after 1 year or so.

Thanks guys!!

visa appointment at toronto for H1B

Is it possible to schedule a visa appointment in toronto for H1B when petition is still in process to get an early appointment date.Do they require WAC no. or any other info while scheduling appointment.

fbhatti said:
For all those people who are waiting on security clearance, dont loose hope , this security clearance takes sometime but you guys will get through.
Here are few suggestions:
Dont call embassy people everyday to inquire about your case status.
The best way to approach to embassy folks or for that matter any agency(FBI, DOS, homeland secuirty) send them FAX, include your full name, which consulate u went to etc, be brief.
There is no way you can expedite your case, just call them every now and then, send them faxes, by doing that atleast they'll know that u r worried and concerned..
I even had my employer to approach the state governor office and they infact did contact the embassy. Again they cant ask them to expedite your case.
Dont give hope, hang in there..
Regards

Faisal,

Many Many congratulations. This is a great news that you finally got your clearance and you are back in US.

Thanks

Glad to hear that your trauma is over. Sorry I did not follow this thread closer. Just curious why you were stuck in Canada. Did they take away your I-94 when you entered Canada (by air ???). Please let us know as I have seen many questions in a different forum regarding crossing the border from Canada. Your info will greatly benefit others. Thanks
Ela
fbhatti said:
Hey Guys,
I tried to post a message few days before also but for some reason my system crashed. Anyway i am finally out of Canada. It took 65 days to get my clearance and wasted no time to cross the border. I am back in States now. It was awfully painfull to spend those 65 days in Canada. I went to the US Embassy in Ottawa.
On my passport they wrote that i got the clearance on 24 feb. I didnt understand one thing that if they got the clearance on 24 feb then why they called me on 15march, what the heck were they doing for over 2 weeks.
My conclusion ...After you get the clearance from security agencies, embassy people take some additional time to clear you..(atleast thats what happened in my case)
If you guys have any questions/concerns shoot me an email in fbhatti@aol.com
goodluck to everyone.