H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

maliklongwait said:
I knowthat some of friends from Pakistan got h1b stamped right away from Canada, So I am not sure what is their criteria to put you on security clearance?

Fbhati, if you don't mind, can you share your experience with us, did you show them FBI fingerprinting?

Do you think that FBI fingerprinting helps if you show this to Immigration officer?

I also got Canadian Resident Visa and now I am planning to land in Cananda as well as get h1b stamped.

Hello maliklongwait,
I came to canada mainly because I had to land before 12th Feb(to claim my candian residency), ofcourse I had to get h1 visa to reneter US.( at that time i wasnt aware of 30 revalidation rule).
If your name hit with their database query, then you have to go through security clearance. I had with me recent FBI finger print report but she didnt bother to look at it, so NO it didnt help in my case to have FBI fp report.

At first it was very hard for me to accept that i am stuck here, but then you have no choice, you have to spend all that time somehow.

So if you are planning to come here, then plan accordingly.
Regards

fbhatti said:
Hello maliklongwait,
I came to canada mainly because I had to land before 12th Feb(to claim my candian residency), ofcourse I had to get h1 visa to reneter US.( at that time i wasnt aware of 30 revalidation rule).
If your name hit with their database query, then you have to go through security clearance. I had with me recent FBI finger print report but she didnt bother to look at it, so NO it didnt help in my case to have FBI fp report.

At first it was very hard for me to accept that i am stuck here, but then you have no choice, you have to spend all that time somehow.

So if you are planning to come here, then plan accordingly.
Regards

Thanks fbhati for your quick response.

Is 30 day revalidation rule works for every country? I heard that if you have cancelled stamp on your passport then 30 day revalidation rule doesn't work either.

Do you know anyone who tried 30 day revalidation rule successfully?

Thanks.

maliklongwait said:
Thanks fbhati for your quick response.

Is 30 day revalidation rule works for every country? I heard that if you have cancelled stamp on your passport then 30 day revalidation rule doesn't work either.

Do you know anyone who tried 30 day revalidation rule successfully?

Thanks.

A very good friend of mine rentered US within a week without any problem, BUT he didnt have the cancelled stamp on his pp(he infact rentered US before his consulate appointment date). Even when i tried to reneter US they did mention about 30 revalidation( i tried to enter after 7 weeks). I am still not sure what would happen if you have cancelled stamp on your pp. I personally think that you still have chances even with the cancelled satmp as long as you dont pass 30 day time period. Again its my personal opinion.

fbhatti said:
A very good friend of mine rentered US within a week without any problem, BUT he didnt have the cancelled stamp on his pp(he infact rentered US before his consulate appointment date). Even when i tried to reneter US they did mention about 30 revalidation( i tried to enter after 7 weeks). I am still not sure what would happen if you have cancelled stamp on your pp. I personally think that you still have chances even with the cancelled satmp as long as you dont pass 30 day time period. Again its my personal opinion.

Hi Fbhati,

It sounds like that 30 day validation rule only applicable to persons who doesn't apply to get visa in consulate according to below link. Check this out.

http://www.oiss.yale.edu/VISA/vrevl.htm

Your thoughts please?

Thanks.

maliklongwait said:
Hi Fbhati,

It sounds like that 30 day validation rule only applicable to persons who doesn't apply to get visa in consulate according to below link. Check this out.

http://www.oiss.yale.edu/VISA/vrevl.htm

Your thoughts please?

Thanks.
Hey Malik,
It was an informative link, even though it aint a official DOS site but information was quite helpful. So if we believe that every word from that site is valid then yes once you apply for non immigrant visa then u wont be able to use 30 day revalidation rule.
My suggestion to you , land in canada, get your stuff done ( like open up bank account, get sin card and stuff) then go back within 30 days, unless you really want to apply for h1 and take all these chances.....your call !!!!

Need help/suggesstion

Hi all,

I am planning to goto ottawa for stamping this month end[29th march], I am from india, muslim, have canadian immigrantion too. Are they running database check for all muslims or only for particular country people.I have valid visa till Apr 05 2005, will I be able to comeback to USA if they give 221(g) for name check?

I am currently on project planning to goto india begning of the MAY. If I go on 29th march and my bad luck if they give 221g I have to wait in canada for a month, if I go in april end my bad luck if they give 221g I can go directly to india[since I planned for vacation] from canada instead of waiting in ottawa for a month or so, I can come back to canada from india and get the stamping once the name check is done. Guys please advice me which option is good to go.

Are they return our passport if they give 221g for any reason???

manass said:
Hi all,

I am planning to goto ottawa for stamping this month end[29th march], I am from india, muslim, have canadian immigrantion too. Are they running database check for all muslims or only for particular country people.I have valid visa till Apr 05 2005, will I be able to comeback to USA if they give 221(g) for name check?

I am currently on project planning to goto india begning of the MAY. If I go on 29th march and my bad luck if they give 221g I have to wait in canada for a month, if I go in april end my bad luck if they give 221g I can go directly to india[since I planned for vacation] from canada instead of waiting in ottawa for a month or so, I can come back to canada from india and get the stamping once the name check is done. Guys please advice me which option is good to go.

Are they return our passport if they give 221g for any reason???

If you can get an appointment (please check the schedules) in India around the time you would be in India, consider doing it in India.

What are SR countries?

jeel said:
Hey guys .....those from SR countries and are going to some country other than their home country for their H1-1 visa kindly read this article. There's a 90 percent chance you will flagged for security clearance which could take from two weeks to 4 months....I know of many cases...........

http://www.gtlaw.com/practices/immigration/newsletter/archives/017/item07.htm

You can enter back into the US with a valid I-94 irrespective of the fact you have a visa or not. But if you have hd applied for a visa you cannot enter the US until you have a valid visa...So means you can travel to Canada and Mexico. ....and return within 30 days on a Valid 1-94....But for those who have applied a visa ......ONLY VISA CAN BRING YOU BACK DUDES......there's is no system of prepid envelopes in US consulates....I wish their was.......

I would appreciate if someone could tell me as to what are SR countries and what countries belong to this list list of SR countries.

Hey Guys:

Is there any FBI number that I can call and get information about my name check. I called ***-****-2399 and 3625 but did not help me anyways. 2399 goes to voice mail and lady at 3625 told me that they don't give any information over phone. Only way to get information about your case is email FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov and they have 12 week backlog. huh!!!

Please share the number if you have.

Thanks

Name check Vs Clearance Check

Does any body know the difference between name check and clearance check?? I was told by the VO that they require clearance check from state department. I'm wondering if it's the same thing as Name check.

It's been 6 weeks since my interview in Toronto.

Regards.

FBI finger print

Can someone tell me from where I can have my fingerprint done or background check done before i leave and apply got H1 . I understand it is not helping but i think it is not a bad idea .

canada_1111 said:
Hey Guys:

Is there any FBI number that I can call and get information about my name check. I called ***-****-2399 and 3625 but did not help me anyways. 2399 goes to voice mail and lady at 3625 told me that they don't give any information over phone. Only way to get information about your case is email FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov and they have 12 week backlog. huh!!!

Please share the number if you have.

Thanks
It's more like 16 weeks.

FUJ said:
Can someone tell me from where I can have my fingerprint done or background check done before i leave and apply got H1 . I understand it is not helping but i think it is not a bad idea .
You can get a local police department clearance letter. You can also get fingerprints done at your local PD but they don't usually do fingerprint checks. I think these still have to go the FBI.

H1B visa stamp for doctors in canada

I am going to start residency training in medicine in usa on H1B visa.I am presently in Canada with permanent immigration for many years and doing volunteer work in local hospital in canada since 1 yr.but i did my medical degree in india.is it going to be a big risk applying in canada for first H1B stamp with a foreign degree. i have taken all US medical Licensing exams and got medical license to practice in usa,will that be of help in my foreign degree evaluation.

anyone please guide me on this.....anyone with any similar exp.
Thanks in advance

bikramca said:
I am going to start residency training in medicine in usa on H1B visa.I am presently in Canada with permanent immigration for many years and doing volunteer work in local hospital in canada since 1 yr.but i did my medical degree in india.is it going to be a big risk applying in canada for first H1B stamp with a foreign degree. i have taken all US medical Licensing exams and got medical license to practice in usa,will that be of help in my foreign degree evaluation.

anyone please guide me on this.....anyone with any similar exp.
Thanks in advance

being PR of canada, it is your home country. where else would you apply?

thanks for the reply.my concern was becoz i am still an indian citizen and my medical degree is from india.but i do have med credentials verified by US medical licensing bodies.

When can I go for my VISA stamping appointment

My current VISA stamp expires on June 9th 2005. My new petition starts on June 10th 2005. When is the earliest I can go for my VISA stamping. Someone told me that I could not go more than 10 days before my VISA stamp expired. I currently have an appt. at the vancouver consulate on May 20th. Will they issue me a VISA stamp then? Does anyone have any experience in getting a VISA stamp before 10 days of current VISA expiry (or new petition start date)?

Thanks
Raj

confused-need help

I will appreaciate if anyone can share their experience with me.
I came to the US on B2 visa in 2002, I got married to a US citizen who filed I-130 and I-485 for me in 2003. In 2004 the application was denied, within the 30 days of appeal grace , I file an appeal on the decision. I have since divorced my ex-husband because of unfaithfullness. The issues is that I still have the appeal pending but I got a job and the employer is ready to file H1-B, If H1-B is approved, the lawyer said I will have to go to a consular office outside the US to get H-1B stamp on my passport. Can anyone advice on the best US consular office to use and the risks involved if any.
I have a MS degree from a US university.