H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

USorCanada said:
I got canada Immigration visa. Planning to go canada for 2 days. I have H1b approval. I do not have stamp on passport. DC refused last year with 221g.

Is there any issue to come back on AP ?

Thanks,

Hi USorCanada as per my understanding you should not have issue
you should be able to use A.P in that case but double check with your lawyer.

kgooty said:
Hi ARM5262 Congratulation for such a great relief.

In DS156 for question 31
31. Have You Ever Been Refused a U.S. Visa?

Where:

What is your answer for it because I got 221g refusal from Washing DC in June.Planning to go Mexico.

Thank you for your help please do respond.

I answered NO to btoht questions that relate to 221g. My expired visa was also marked cancel. SO in answer to those 2 questions:
have you ever been refused a US visa? &
has your visa ever been cancelled or revoked ?

Just naswer NO to both...thats what I did. no problems at all!

Ottawa Experience?

Hi,

Does anyone has recent stamping experience in Ottawa. Any information about, time spent, near by hotels, any other kind of information given would be highly appreciated. I have my appointment in Ottawa for 25th Jan. I have my return flight from Ottawa to Chicago for the same day evening at 5.40 pm? Would I be able to make it to Airport by then?

Thanks
Indy

arm5262 said:
I answered NO to btoht questions that relate to 221g. My expired visa was also marked cancel. SO in answer to those 2 questions:
have you ever been refused a US visa? &
has your visa ever been cancelled or revoked ?

Just naswer NO to both...thats what I did. no problems at all!

Hi ARM5262 Thanks for your reply,
Do you happen to pay $100 Fee again when you are getting your visa
after 221g from DC. Because some one goes with in one year one should not have to to pay $100 visa fee. Please reply.
Thank you.

I did not know about that rule of not paying the fee again if you had applied within a year. Also, even if I knew that I would have avoided voluntarily telling them that I was refused visa in DC. THat wold have raised a flag and a reason for background chekcs etc etc. Saving 100 bucks was not an issue :) time is money as I am on per hour contract basis...

getting the visa with my spouse

Hello everyone,
I need your help to give me some advises: I plan to get the H1 visa from Ottawa with my spouse. My situation: I work in the U.S., was F1 visa, changed status to H1 in October 2003. My spouse had a couple of rejections from the home country when tried F2 visa while I was a student. (Not specific reasons, just didn't grant the visa) Last year, both of us became Canadian PR. I still work in the U.S. while my spouse stays in Ottawa. Will we go together increase the risk for getting H1 visa?
I appreciate for your comments and suggestions.
Good luck for all of you.

H4 visa application Question - Please Help!

Friends,

I'm going for a H4 visa interview in Toronto. I need help in answering Q31. on application DS 156 regarding previous refusals. I have been refused F1 visas in Juarez, Mexico (1994), Calgary (1996) and London (1996). Last time I went to Juarez in 1998, I was issued F1 visa. That is the last visa stamp I have on my passport. Now my question is on the application there is only space for one refusal. Which refusal date shall I indicate? I assume it would be the latest refusal date but unfortunately I don't know the exact date on which I was refused. I know the month and year but not the day.

Did any of you guys had trouble getting visa because of any refusals in the past? Were you asked during the interview as for "why were you refused" in the past??

I'll appreciate any suggestions!

Regards.

arm5262 said:
I did not know about that rule of not paying the fee again if you had applied within a year. Also, even if I knew that I would have avoided voluntarily telling them that I was refused visa in DC. THat wold have raised a flag and a reason for background chekcs etc etc. Saving 100 bucks was not an issue :) time is money as I am on per hour contract basis...

Thank you arm5262 for your info and giving confidence.

visa stamping in Toronto

I got my H1B visa stamped on 13th jan 2005 at US consulate Toronto. It was a F1 to H1B transfer. Good luck to you all.

Successful H1B and H4 Revalidation from Toronto

Hello people,

I have been looking into this forum since last two months. I successfully got my third year H1B stamping and also my son's and spouse's H4 stampings done from Toronto on January 19th.

Interview took only 5 mins and everything went very smoothly. We drove to Canada from New Jersey and came back to US with no problems or troubles at all.

My advice to anyone planning a revalidation in Toronto or anywhere in Canada would be that PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS WITH YOU AND BE CONFIDENT.

If you have everything, you will be just fine!

I was very nervous about the stamping but like many other ppl earlier, even I got it done smoothly.

If anyone has any questions, plz ask me and I would try my best to help you guys out.

bbindian said:
Hello people,

I have been looking into this forum since last two months. I successfully got my third year H1B stamping and also my son's and spouse's H4 stampings done from Toronto on January 19th.

Interview took only 5 mins and everything went very smoothly. We drove to Canada from New Jersey and came back to US with no problems or troubles at all.

My advice to anyone planning a revalidation in Toronto or anywhere in Canada would be that PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS WITH YOU AND BE CONFIDENT.

If you have everything, you will be just fine!

I was very nervous about the stamping but like many other ppl earlier, even I got it done smoothly.

If anyone has any questions, plz ask me and I would try my best to help you guys out.

Hi bbindian,
Congratulation,
Do you have U.S degree or Degree from India.
Please reply. Appreciate your help. Because I have B.E electronics from India so I am worried that they might revalidate only people with U.S degree.

Indian Degree

Hi kgooty,

I have all Indian degrees.
I have no US degree at all.

I personally dont think that the visa departments are really concerned about education if its a case of revalidation, but this is just my opinion.

I do have the education evaluation for US equivalency. The Visa officer in my case didnt even look into any of my degrees or anything.

He just asked me what was my educational background and I told him all of my qualifications and stuff and thats it!

I really dont think educaTION matters cuz a couple of my friends who also have Indian degrees got their visas stamped from Canada as well.

kgooty said:
Hi bbindian,
Congratulation,
Please reply. Appreciate your help. Because I have B.E electronics from India so I am worried that they might revalidate only people with U.S degree.

I have Indian degrees!
No US degrees at all

Is there a pre-requisite to have a valid visa (not H-1) for Canadian Visa ?

Hi Folks,
I am planning to apply for a canadian visa so that I can apply for a H-1 multiple entry visa in a US consulate in Canada. Is there a pre-requisite that we need to have a valid US Visa for getting a visitor visa ? My H-1 Visa has expired and I am planning to get a 9th year extension stamped on my passport. Because of the delays in indian consulates, I figured this approach would best serve my needs.

Appreciate your input in this regard.

Thanks
Krishna

kgooty said:
Hi bbindian,
Congratulation,

Hi kgooty,

I have all Indian degrees.
I have no US degree at all.

I personally dont think that the visa departments are really concerned about education if its a case of revalidation, but this is just my opinion.

I do have the education evaluation for US equivalency. The Visa officer in my case didnt even look into any of my degrees or anything.

He just asked me what was my educational background and I told him all of my qualifications and stuff and thats it!

I really dont think educaTION matters cuz a couple of my friends who also have Indian degrees got their visas stamped from Canada as well.

Full Toronto Experience

Hey guys,

I am posting my complete visa revalidation experience at Toronto:

I had an appointment at 8:30.
We had to show our appointment letter to the security guard and then, he let us in.
We were obviously checked and so were our stuffs. Make sure not to carry any electronic goods into the Toronto consulate. They dont allow any.

Then, we had to wait in a line for like 10 mins and we are called upto a counter where the lady took the following documents:
DS-156s
Approval Notices
Passports

Then we had to wait for like 15-20 mins till our names were called for the interview. The officer asked for employment letter and the copy of the I-129 Petition. we all got fingerprinted. The officer asked some questions about the Company and also about my educational background.

He then told us to go to the 3rd floor to pay the fees, and when we came back to him, he gave us three receipts and told us to come the next day to collect the visas.

I dont think they would ask you why you arent getting the visas done from India or your home country, but, even if they do it, just answer honestly!

No US Degree. Expired VISA in passport. Stamping in Calgary

Hi Folks,

Here is my situation.

1. No US Degree
2. Expired Visa from Chennai Consulate July 2002 - Sept 2002
3. Need to Land in Canada as permanent resident before March 2005
4. Want to get H1 Visa stamp at Calgary US consulate. I 797 Valid till March 2006
5. Had been to india in 2002 Aug for 5 days. Since then I never been to India.

Q1: Is there any issues if I decided to get visa stamping in Calgary in Feb 2005 based on above 4 conditions?
Q2: My company applied for Labor, but it is still in processing. I looked at DS-156 form, where a question was "Is your Employer applied for Immigration". What should respond for this questions?
Q3: I am kind of worried that nvars.com site poping a message when I am booking appointment saying " Persons who don't have US degree and/or US experience adviced to go to their country for H1b stamping" . Is there any risk involved here?

I would highly appreciate, I get answers to my questions.

- Thanks
rr

Last edited by a moderator:
rgojji said:
Hi Folks,

Here is my situation.

1. No US Degree
2. Expired Visa from Chennai Consulate July 2002 - Sept 2002
3. Need to Land in Canada as permanent resident before March 2005
4. Want to get H1 Visa stamp at Calgary US consulate. I 797 Valid till March 2006
5. Had been to india in 2002 Aug for 5 days. Since then I never been to India.

Q1: Is there any issues if I decided to get visa stamping in Calgary in Feb 2005 based on above 4 conditions?
Q2: My company applied for Labor, but it is still in processing. I looked at DS-156 form, where a question was "Is your Employer applied for Immigration". What should respond for this questions?
Q3: I am kind of worried that nvars.com site poping a message when I am booking appointment saying " Persons who don't have US degree and/or US experience adviced to go to their country for H1b stamping" . Is there any risk involved here?

I would highly appreciate, I get answers to my questions.

- Thanks
rr

Hi,
Even I had no US degrees at all but I was able to get the visa stamped from Toronto on January 19th.

Even my laboris in process but I havent yet got any response from the other side and so, I put "NO" to that question.

By looking at your conditions, all I can say is that you shouldn't have any problems in getting your visa done. Make sure to carry all of your documents though:
Employment Letter
Approval Notice
Copy of I-129 Petition
Recent Paystubs
W2 Tax Forms
Original Degrees

You should not have a problem in getting a Visa if you have all the above mentioned documents, but still, since I am not a lawyer, this is just from my own experience at Toronto.

Check the following site for more details about requirements:
http://www.amcits.com/visas.asp

ds156 que,reply soooooooooon

HI,

For que#37
Are any of the persons from family have a permanent residency or citizen ship?

My brother got his green card recently in november, do I need to write Yes , would that be any problem for my H1?

que#26 How long have you been in US?

I am appearing for visa intvw on 25th Jan in ottawa canada. I had F1 before.

Please answer me ASAP. I wud appreciate that.

Thanks
IndyAj