H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

pay stub

aiyer100 said:
Hello
I have an appointment at Ottawa next month and have the necessary docs for the same...but I am concerned about the pay stubs...I work for a small company and they do not have the kind of pay stubs u usually get ...they do send us electronic copies of our pay stub...(details like how much the salary is, deductions/taxes, net income, etc)...I also have a copy of the W-4 they sent me for filing taxes....
But the pay stub still concerns me. since we get electronic copies of the pay stub which looks more like a MS Word Doc. Is this something which would be acceptable by the VO?
I could probably get a printout of my pay on the company letterhead and signed by our manager.
Awaiting responses.
anand
We've got H1B twice (in Vancouver) with the pay stubs without any signatures and other formal attributes (just printed electronic copies). It wasn't a problem.

Best US Consulate in Canada for extension?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

This is for my husband.His 6 years are expiring in Nov end and we want to take appointment in Canada before that.Please advice the name of consulate you feel is the most reliable and linient in this matter.

Thanks,

Gar

Hello All,
I have an h1 renewal stamp oppointment in Ottawa on Nov 8th. Just wondering if anyone else will be there at the same time. Also, if you know whether it takes one day or two to get the passport back. It says on the consulate website that the visa is returned the next day at 3pm but i have known some people to get it back the same day in other Canadian consulates.
Anyone know the latest time on this?
thanks
Jaee

how to get an appointment ?

I have been doing refresh on calender(nvars.com) like crazy but it keeps on sayiing that all appointments are booked.
I did refresh from 12:00 am to 12:10am EST but still it never showed me any available appointment. Do you think this is correct or there is something wrong with their server ?
Any suggestions on how to book and appointment ?

some people were lucky when they tried for 2/3 hours after 12.00 am.

rajivfromin said:
I have been doing refresh on calender(nvars.com) like crazy but it keeps on sayiing that all appointments are booked.
I did refresh from 12:00 am to 12:10am EST but still it never showed me any available appointment. Do you think this is correct or there is something wrong with their server ?
Any suggestions on how to book and appointment ?

Does anyone know any special time to take date?

I'm trying since two days to take a date for my H1 stamping at canadian consulate but with no luck. Is there any special time when they open the appointments?
Also I have a question regarding the pay stubs. My status right now is OPT and my H1 status will be from 1st october. I get a paystub every 15 days. So is one paystub fine? or I should take more? I have to send my stamped passport to India for my wife's H4 visa. Please help.

Thanks,
Amol

H1 revalidation documents

I have an appointment on Monday Sept 11 2006 for re-validation of my H1 in Toronto, Canada. We mis-placed the documents folder which includes LCA, I129. What is the best way to deal with it. Can we obtain duplicate copies of these documents. I would really appreciate if someone can help me ASAP as the time is very short. Thanks a lot. Gaur

Generally LCA and I 129 are not needed in orignal. You may receive copies from your employer/attorney. Problem is only if you loose orignal 797 (H1 approval).

gaurav_2000a said:
I have an appointment on Monday Sept 11 2006 for re-validation of my H1 in Toronto, Canada. We mis-placed the documents folder which includes LCA, I129. What is the best way to deal with it. Can we obtain duplicate copies of these documents. I would really appreciate if someone can help me ASAP as the time is very short. Thanks a lot. Gaur

appointments on nvars

Amya said:
I'm trying since two days to take a date for my H1 stamping at canadian consulate but with no luck. Is there any special time when they open the appointments?
Also I have a question regarding the pay stubs. My status right now is OPT and my H1 status will be from 1st october. I get a paystub every 15 days. So is one paystub fine? or I should take more? I have to send my stamped passport to India for my wife's H4 visa. Please help.

Thanks,
Amol

I hear that 12 midnight eastern is a good time to get appointments. However, i have found that checking at every hour or so is probably ( if you can) is the best bet. It takes a while but worked for me.

Sucessful stamping in Ottawa, Canada on Sept 6th

can_immig said:
Hello All,
Here is my situation please advice, any help is greatly appreciated.

I have an appointment in the first week of Sept in Ottawa, 7th year 3 yrs extension. I am a canadian PR I got my canadian PR in 2003 but, I never lived in Canada after I landed and received PR( was there for a week).
I am wondering on what questions will they ( Canadain and US) border may ask. And also in the consulate. ( will they ask me why I am not in canada?)...
Is anyone who got stamped are/were in similar situation. I am kind of nervous, any information would be helpful Thank you in advance.
>>>>

Hello All,
I would like to thank the forum for the help on questions I had before I went for my VISA renewal in Ottawa.
I wanted to share my experience and answer any questions.

I had my interview scheduled originally at 8:00 AM, I reached the consulate at 7:30 and was in the line for few minutes when my turn came the security guard checked my name in the list he had and said that my appointment is at 9:00 and I have to be there 15 minutes early..

I went back at 8:40 and he let me in after asking usual questions like if I had any bags, electronics, gum...etc. I went in thru the security process much like the airport security process. Security guard told me to go to window#7.

I went in to the sitting area in front of the interview counters, few people were in line at window # 7, when my turn came I was asked to submit DS156, DS 157 , Passport, I-797 and my Canadian PR card with $100 fee. He returned my PR card and instructed to be seated until my name is called.

There were quite a few people waiting. 2 counters were open for the interview process. My name was called after an hour 20 mins later at window# 2 ( Male VO). Here is the transcript of what was asked.

VO: Hello, Good Morning, How are you today?
Me: Good Morning, I am doing great Thank You.
VO: Please place your left index fingure on the scanner
Me: I did the same for both hands.
VO: How long have you been working in the US?
Me: 6 years
VO: Where were you working all these years.
ME: Answered.
VO: How about your education?
Me: Masters from so and so univ (Just to let you guys know, I completed my MS this year, my labour for 3 years extension based on approved I-140 was filed on my Bachelors (non-computers) from India.)
VO: What kind of work do you do?
Me: Explained on what I do.
VO: Show me the letter you got from your employer
Me: I gave him the letter ( while I opened my file, he said he wanted to the documents that I received from the employer, which included, I-129, approved I-140 and LCA copies)
VO: Show me your PR card
Me: I gave him my PR card

He gave me all the documents except my employer's letter and a receipt and said to come back at 3:00 PM tomorrow to pick up my PP and have a great day.

The whole process took less than a minute ( a long minute thou).

I went back next day at 2:45 PM and picked up my PP and started driving back. At the border while re-entering to the US I was asked the follwing questions:

CO: Hey, there
Me: Hi and gave him my PP and current valid I-94(not from the 797)
CO: Where are you coming from
Me: Ottawa ( he was flipping thru my PP)
CO: Can I see your 797
Me: Gave him I-797
CO: You went to get your VISA?
Me: Yes
CO: He gave back PP, I-94 ( the one I gave to him), 797.. have a great day.

Just to let you guys know, my current VISA before I went to stamping was valid till end of October 2006 and so was my I-94. So you can book an appointment even thou on the site it says only 10 days before. And I didn't get new I-94 while entering back to the US. I still have my old I-94 which is valid till end of Oct and the one attached to 797 valid till 2009.

I hope I wrote in detail the whole process. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.. And Thank you all again for the moral support I needed before I went.. Good Luck to all.

Can Immig,

Thanks for the detailed note. I have 1 question.

Since you have Canadian PR card in hand you must have initially landed earlier in Canada. Did Canadian Immigration officer while entering Canada ask you any questions about how long you have been out or try to verify if you complied with 2 in 5 yr residency reqt etc.
Can you please post more details on your entry into Canada.

Thanks

Guys

I have an appointment at Toronto on Sep26th and current I-94 expired last year and not visited any where after that. I got 8th year extention last year and 3-year extention recently after I140 approval.

Q's
1. I need to get stamp 8th year ext(expire oct31,2006) first than 3 year ext(valid until 2009)? or directly go for 3 year ext, pls conform??
2. Is there any issues/concerns if I-94 expired long time back, specially while coming back to US.

appriciated early reply.

thanks
Rohit

can_immig said:
>>>>

Hello All,
I would like to thank the forum for the help on questions I had before I went for my VISA renewal in Ottawa.
I wanted to share my experience and answer any questions.

I had my interview scheduled originally at 8:00 AM, I reached the consulate at 7:30 and was in the line for few minutes when my turn came the security guard checked my name in the list he had and said that my appointment is at 9:00 and I have to be there 15 minutes early..

I went back at 8:40 and he let me in after asking usual questions like if I had any bags, electronics, gum...etc. I went in thru the security process much like the airport security process. Security guard told me to go to window#7.

I went in to the sitting area in front of the interview counters, few people were in line at window # 7, when my turn came I was asked to submit DS156, DS 157 , Passport, I-797 and my Canadian PR card with $100 fee. He returned my PR card and instructed to be seated until my name is called.

There were quite a few people waiting. 2 counters were open for the interview process. My name was called after an hour 20 mins later at window# 2 ( Male VO). Here is the transcript of what was asked.

VO: Hello, Good Morning, How are you today?
Me: Good Morning, I am doing great Thank You.
VO: Please place your left index fingure on the scanner
Me: I did the same for both hands.
VO: How long have you been working in the US?
Me: 6 years
VO: Where were you working all these years.
ME: Answered.
VO: How about your education?
Me: Masters from so and so univ (Just to let you guys know, I completed my MS this year, my labour for 3 years extension based on approved I-140 was filed on my Bachelors (non-computers) from India.)
VO: What kind of work do you do?
Me: Explained on what I do.
VO: Show me the letter you got from your employer
Me: I gave him the letter ( while I opened my file, he said he wanted to the documents that I received from the employer, which included, I-129, approved I-140 and LCA copies)
VO: Show me your PR card
Me: I gave him my PR card

He gave me all the documents except my employer's letter and a receipt and said to come back at 3:00 PM tomorrow to pick up my PP and have a great day.

The whole process took less than a minute ( a long minute thou).

I went back next day at 2:45 PM and picked up my PP and started driving back. At the border while re-entering to the US I was asked the follwing questions:

CO: Hey, there
Me: Hi and gave him my PP and current valid I-94(not from the 797)
CO: Where are you coming from
Me: Ottawa ( he was flipping thru my PP)
CO: Can I see your 797
Me: Gave him I-797
CO: You went to get your VISA?
Me: Yes
CO: He gave back PP, I-94 ( the one I gave to him), 797.. have a great day.

Just to let you guys know, my current VISA before I went to stamping was valid till end of October 2006 and so was my I-94. So you can book an appointment even thou on the site it says only 10 days before. And I didn't get new I-94 while entering back to the US. I still have my old I-94 which is valid till end of Oct and the one attached to 797 valid till 2009.

I hope I wrote in detail the whole process. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.. And Thank you all again for the moral support I needed before I went.. Good Luck to all.

Hi can_immig,

thanx for sharing ur experience with us. actually I have an appointment in the last week of Sept in Toronto, and this is my first H1B Visa Appointment, I am canadian permenent resident(PR) in 2004, I am kind of very nervous, actually i have no idea wht type of questions will be asked in first H1B interview,any information would be helpful Thank you Soo Much in advance.

Also did u fill DS 156 form and bring printout with u or u fill DS 156 at the consulate????

Is anyone who got stamped are/were in similar situation. plz share ur experience ASAP

ur help will be really apprechiating

waiting for ur response

h1 restamping

hi everyone
my husband landed in toronto canada for restamping of H1 .he was asked to do finger printing for all the fingers instead of 2 & later said he can get only after washinton approves him.inspite of having all the required documents.im alone in us with my daughter.has anyone got similar experience what is the chance of getting Restamping of visa .plz help.she said washinton may take 10 days to 20 days for clearing him.

Re: UZX

I think they are required to send fingure print check for every citizen of muslim country. Same thing happend with my friend. He got clearance in 12 days. Don't worry he you will your passport stamp soon.

re

We R Muslims From India.any Muslim From India Has Had Same Experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats up with scheduling these day? when do they open it? I currently have appointment at Toronto consulate on 21st Sep but i want to change that to December and has been trying from last whole week. Any luck guys?

Plus I am planning to go to Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal in December and hoping to get the visa stamped within 2-3 days. If they subject me to background check, i'll take a month long vacation and visit Pakistan in b/w.

Any other Pakistanis have recent stamping experience?

web_guru2003 said:
Whats up with scheduling these day? when do they open it? I currently have appointment at Toronto consulate on 21st Sep but i want to change that to December and has been trying from last whole week. Any luck guys?

Plus I am planning to go to Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal in December and hoping to get the visa stamped within 2-3 days. If they subject me to background check, i'll take a month long vacation and visit Pakistan in b/w.

Any other Pakistanis have recent stamping experience?

I took an appointment today for Dec 20 , i started trying 6:00 AM EST and was lucky to get it by 7:00 AM , infact right at that time i saw 10 Appointments available and they were all gone with in a min.
i am scheduled at Toronto.
This will be my first time H1b Stamp i have been working for the past 3 years.
My initial F1 visa stamp was from Islamabad.

mugsg said:
I took an appointment today for Dec 20 , i started trying 6:00 AM EST and was lucky to get it by 7:00 AM , infact right at that time i saw 10 Appointments available and they were all gone with in a min.
i am scheduled at Toronto.
This will be my first time H1b Stamp i have been working for the past 3 years.
My initial F1 visa stamp was from Islamabad.

hmmm just wondering How can you get appointment for 20th Dec? Toronto consulate only make appointments 10 weeks in advance and that roughly make it to 20Nov-25Nov.

I was able to get appointment of 20th Nov just 40 min ago and i'll try to move it to 5Dec-10Dec in coming days