H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

H1 Stamping in canada with a PR card

Hi,

I have got the appointment for my H1 stamping in Vancouver in aug' 2006

I am here in USA since 2000 , got the stamping done in India once.my green card is going on and recently I have joined MS as well. I got my canadian PR card last year.

Am planning to go seattle and drive from there. and I have planned for three days.

Now my questions Are....

1. Will it be a problem because I have got my Canadian PR card for US visa stamping ?

2. Since I am studying should I take any proof of that also ?

3. What are the other documents I need to take care of apart from those listed in the appointment conformation letter ?

4. What should be expected in the worse scenario ?

Thanks,

H1 Stamping in canada with a PR card

Hi,

I have got the appointment for my H1 stamping in Vancouver in aug' 2006

I am here in USA since 2000 , got the stamping done in India once.my green card is going on and recently I have joined MS as well. I got my canadian PR card last year.

Am planning to go seattle and drive from there. and I have planned for three days.

Now my questions Are....

1. Will it be a problem because I have got my Canadian PR card for US visa stamping ?

2. Since I am studying should I take any proof of that also ?

3. What are the other documents I need to take care of apart from those listed in the appointment conformation letter ?

4. What should be expected in the worse scenario ?

Thanks,

hi im here in the US on h1b status since 2005, which got approved in sept of last year. im planning to go to canada to have my h1b visa stamped for the 1st time. my questions are:

1. does it matter that it took me this long to have my passport stamped? (approval was sept 2005)
2. what documents do i need to bring?

thanks.

Hi,
Did you have Masters from US. Is it OK to go for 7th year visa revalidation without Masters from US.
-Thanks

Priya_Suri said:
Hey Guys,

I am backkkk from Toronto. The H1b Stamping (2nd time), first time in Toronto as well, was very very smooth. I had my appointment at 9AM, but went to the consulate at 8:10AM, after paying the $100 fees at the Nova Scotia bank. As always, the appointment doesnt matter and its first come first serve basis. I went in and submitted the following documents at 8:20AM
1. Appointment letter.
2. DS -156 (with photo)
3. DS - 157
4. DS - 158 (Just in case)
5. I-797A
6. Passport
7. Nova Scotia Fee Receipt

Then waited in the lobby for 1 hour (9:30AM) to be called for finger printing. Then I waited another hour (10:25AM) to be called for the interview. The interviewer asked me the following:

1. Are you working for XXXX Company?
I said "Yes, I am"
2. Then he pointed at my old visa and asked me "You dont need this visa anymore rite"
I said "No, I dont think so"

Then he asked me to pay the reciprocity fees ($50) and bring the receipt back. I paid, brought it back and off I went.

Smoooooooooooth huh!!!

Then the next day, I went to the consulate as the first person :) and got my passport with the visa and I-797A at 3PM. I verified my info and started to drive back to US.

At the immigration when entering into US. The officer just saw my passport, I-797A and I-94 that came with my I-797A. He said I am good to go with that I-94 itself. Thats it...I am here now...

If anybody has any questions, please let me know. I am glad to help.

Thanks,
Priya

Priya_Suri said:
Hey Guys,

I am backkkk from Toronto. The H1b Stamping (2nd time), first time in Toronto as well, was very very smooth. I had my appointment at 9AM, but went to the consulate at 8:10AM, after paying the $100 fees at the Nova Scotia bank. As always, the appointment doesnt matter and its first come first serve basis. I went in and submitted the following documents at 8:20AM
1. Appointment letter.
2. DS -156 (with photo)
3. DS - 157
5. I-797A
6. Passport

Then waited in the lobby for 1 hour (9:30AM) to be called for finger printing. Then I waited another hour (10:25AM) to be called for the interview. The interviewer asked me the following:

I said "Yes, I am"
2. Then he pointed at my old visa and asked me "You dont need this visa anymore rite"

Then he asked me to pay the reciprocity fees ($50) and bring the receipt back. I paid, brought it back and off I went.

Smoooooooooooth huh!!!

Then the next day, I went to the consulate as the first person :) and got my passport with the visa and I-797A at 3PM. I verified my info and started to drive back to US.

At the immigration when entering into US. The officer just saw my passport, I-797A and I-94 that came with my I-797A. He said I am good to go with that I-94 itself. Thats it...I am here now...

Thanks,
Priya

Priya,
Can you please list ALL documents related to the H1 that you carried with you to the visa. I know this has been asked before but it helps ever time some one who just got their visa post this information.

Thanks

i am planning to go to toronto to have my H1-b visa stamped on my passport for the first time. is it going to be an issue if i have a pending I-140 petition from the same company?

appreciate anybody's help. thanks!

no - but answer "yes" on DS-156 as to whether a company has filed for an immi. petition for you. I believe you should also take a copy of approved LC (not sure??).

not sure abt that.... all consulates in canada say they can only evaluate US degree. Take all ur docs - certification of ur degree etc Also search within this forum for cases like urs. I know people with non us degrees have tried successfully/posted - so read up on their experiences.
(n.b: i got my H1b visa stamp from toronto 2 times and the only questions asked both times was where i had studied!!)

thanks danmagaji. i appreciate your advise. hopefully the whole process will be smooth. my lawyer assured me that i will definitely not get stuck in Canada so I guess i just have to wait and find out. me and my wife are going there for first time h1b visa stamping (she also has an h1b).

Documents help

Me and mywife are planning to go to Canada for dual purpose of getting Canadian PR and US visa revalidation (Toronto Consulate).

My first stamping(H1B) was from India, which expired in May'2005. Meanwhile I obtained MBA (while working on H1B)from US university and joined a new company (based on MBA, transferred my H1B) in Jun'06.

I need some help on documentation;

Do I need to fill DS-156, 157, 158 for me only or for my wife also?
Do I need to pay fees(USD100) for me only or for my wife also?
Can I ask somebody to pay fee on behalf of me, well in advance? In that case what are the documents required?
I am planning to take following documents, please let me know if something is missing:

Latest I-797A with I-94 for me and my wife
Copy of I-121 for me
Employment letter from my current employer (Does anybody have the sample content for the letter?)
Paystubs (last-4) from my present employer
Bachelor Degree (India) - All marksheets, transcript, degree evaluation
Masters Degree (USA) - Degree Certificate, transcript
W2 for last three years

Appreciate your reply

Obtaining Multiple TRV

I've got last week of September appointment from Toronto for my 2nd H1B stamping. Here is my question:

Is it easy to get Multiple Entry Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) from NY consulate? Can anybody share their experience and the documents submitted to support the case?

I have a feeling that I might get stuck in security clearance in Canada because of common name. In that case I'm planning to go to my home country until I get the clearance. I don't have Canadian PR.

Thanks,
Rahme

Please share experience and guide me!!!

Hi All,

I came to US first time on H4 stamping in US and then I have change H4 to H1 and got new Approval and I-94 valid till sep 2007. working on H1 from almost 9 months. Still I have H4 stamping in my passport H4 Visa Valid till Feb 2007.

I have got my PR for Canada and I have to enter into Canada before Aug 4th 2006.

I am bit confused.

1] what is best option going to canada and coming back ? I am planning to go by Car cause I am in Detroit.

2] Do I need to get stamped for H1 Visa from Canada for coming back to US again.

3] I am planning to go for only 3 days is there any options available? I heard and read on this forum about "AVR Automatic Revalidation of visa" which tells that with New I-94 (comes with my H1 Approval) I can travel for max 30 days. is it works for me also ?

Please guide me if anybody having knowledge of it.

Thanks in Advance,

I think you should not have problem as you have valid H4 visa.
You should not go to H1 stamping at all to re eneter USA.
Road entry office will just see your PP. nothing else.

Now I have question.
I have canadian green card. I do not have valid h1 stamp on my passport.
( I have h1 approval till jan 2007.)
If I go to canada for h1 stamping and in case unfortunately if I resfused stamp, can I enter USA ? ( I ask this because you told something like 'AVR Automatic Revalidation of visa' ) .

I re-entered US this weekend on Automatic Visa Revalidation..I am on H4 now but have a valid H1 visa along with the new I-94..

Question for Stamping-Gurus :)

I am currently in US on my 8th year ext. and planning to go to Toronto for 3rd stamping (got previous 2 form ISB) in near future (my current appointment is on 21st Sep). Now if they ask me to wait due to common name or background check (or whatever), will they atleast return my passport so that i can visit Pakistan (and return to Canada) during the time they are doing their background processing? should i ask for that?

anyone with the same exp?

Hi Priya,
I have few questions for you. Was ur Old VISA stamping still valid while you went for this new one ? Which year of H-1 are you IN now ?

cpt71

Priya_Suri said:
Hey Guys,

1. Appointment letter.
2. DS -156 (with photo)
3. DS - 157
5. I-797A
6. Passport

I said "Yes, I am"

Smoooooooooooth huh!!!

Thanks,
Priya

web_guru2003 said:
Question for Stamping-Gurus :)

I am currently in US on my 8th year ext. and planning to go to Toronto for 3rd stamping (got previous 2 form ISB) in near future (my current appointment is on 21st Sep). Now if they ask me to wait due to common name or background check (or whatever), will they atleast return my passport so that i can visit Pakistan (and return to Canada) during the time they are doing their background processing? should i ask for that?

anyone with the same exp?

Yes, you can have your passport back in that case but your visit outside of Canada *during* security check can cause more delays for you.

Please advise about going to Canada (particularly Quebec) for stamping

About me: BE (EEE) from India, in US on H1 visa for past 5 + years. I did my first H1 at Chennai and second at St. Louis,MO.
My visa on the passport expired 6 months back, my new approval notice is valid for another 17 months. I never travelled outside USA in the past 3 years and I was never finger printed by USA government.

Is it advisable for me to go to Canada (particularly Quebec)for stamping?, any advice would be appreciated.
Also details about the processes of Quebec consulate would also be appreciated.