H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

My dear pzgjxr! Sorry for the late response. Now that I have gone thru this stage, i just thought of visiting this forum. Anyways......

Whatever you says is perfectly right....but alas that seems to be the truth. You have to send everything from here to a physical human being who will either deliver your packet to the Embassy or call the BlueDart to for pickup. Also that human has to have DD for you....and the address that you put on the DS 156 form will be the one where BlueDart will send it after the VISA has been stamped.

Yes you have to send money to India. When you schedule the appointment on the visaservices site they will give u a temporary interview receipt. That will contain the amount that you need to have the DD for.

Also I did find out before that you cannot send the documents from here thru BlueDart and also the DDs have to be payable on any local bank....and not international bank.

Hope this helps!

- warko01

pzgjxr said:
I had posted a reply earlier today, but dunno what happened to it.

My dear warko01!
This link is helpful to only new visa applicants from within India. How can one be in the US and send DD in INR?

Or does it mean that one has to camp out in Mumbai at least 52 days before the interview (22 days currently + 30 days for receipt of documents in the consulate)? There is no (American) organization that gives 52 days vacation. One becomes entitled to 15 days after 5 years and 30 days after 35 years!

And the visa fees is supposed to include the Blue Dart charges. Why should we pay for courier from the US & also for Blue Dart?

Can you, or anybody please clarify?

PS. All my close relatives in India are 70+ years old, and their offspring are all here or elsewhere abroad. So no one can help me get a DD in India and forward the packet to Blue Dart!

warko01 said:
My dear pzgjxr! Sorry for the late response. Now that I have gone thru this stage, i just thought of visiting this forum. Anyways......

Whatever you says is perfectly right....but alas that seems to be the truth. You have to send everything from here to a physical human being who will either deliver your packet to the Embassy or call the BlueDart to for pickup. Also that human has to have DD for you....and the address that you put on the DS 156 form will be the one where BlueDart will send it after the VISA has been stamped.

Yes you have to send money to India. When you schedule the appointment on the visaservices site they will give u a temporary interview receipt. That will contain the amount that you need to have the DD for.

Also I did find out before that you cannot send the documents from here thru BlueDart and also the DDs have to be payable on any local bank....and not international bank.

Hope this helps!

- warko01

I did all that, and now VFS calls up my local contact in Mumbai & says the photo is not ok, that I have send one directly to them, w/o my glasses on! And my interim date is for 03/14!! My local contact informed me about this @ 1 AM, rousting me from sleep, & I didn't sleep after that...another 'sleepless in Indiana'???

pzgjxr said:
I did all that, and now VFS calls up my local contact in Mumbai & says the photo is not ok, that I have send one directly to them, w/o my glasses on! And my interim date is for 03/14!! My local contact informed me about this @ 1 AM, rousting me from sleep, & I didn't sleep after that...another 'sleepless in Indiana'???

Go for it dude:) You have very little time left!!

P.S. Post any questions that you have about the interview and I shall reply!

- warko01

warko01 said:
Go for it dude:) You have very little time left!!

P.S. Post any questions that you have about the interview and I shall reply!

- warko01

Hey warko01!

Is this interview any different from the ones I had earlier?

I've had 3 so far, one in 1994, when I came on a business visa, then in 1998 on the first H1B & 2000, when I changed companies. 2003, for re-validation, was drop-box.

BTW, I spent another $26 for new photos and DHL'ed it to VFS directly. The !$@#%@!$'s don't answer the phone, and their email replies are not to the point.

H1B Revalidatio Process in Mumbai

I will be travelling to India/Mumbai.
I have my 797 extended till 2006 but my passport needs revalidation/stamping for this extension.

I am not able to find the exact information about this entire process.
Their website only shows about initial H1B process.

I would really appreciate if someone could put in their experiences on their Visa Extension Stamping like Documents required, fees required, paystubs - if needed, the entire process baiscally.

Thanks!

sunnybunny said:
I will be travelling to India/Mumbai.
I have my 797 extended till 2006 but my passport needs revalidation/stamping for this extension.

I am not able to find the exact information about this entire process.
Their website only shows about initial H1B process.

I would really appreciate if someone could put in their experiences on their Visa Extension Stamping like Documents required, fees required, paystubs - if needed, the entire process baiscally.

Thanks!

Hello sunnyboy!
The online process is the same for new or revalidation of, H1B.

Just fill out the details in the appointment scheduler, print several copies of the Confirmation of the interim appointment (just in case, for, in my case I forgot to sign the letter, and had to print the saved copy, which does not show the logos....)

Send copies of passport (all as per the instructins on the website), DS-156 duly filled and signed, copy of the I-797, copy of the petition, and affix a photo to the 156. If you wear glasses, there should be no reflection of light from the glasses. Get a photo from professional photographers (studio) even if it is slightly(!) more expensive than CVS or WALGREENS or WAL-MART.

Send it to your folks in Mumbai and ask them to attach DD (or pay order if within Mumbai) for 4400, 2200 (the VFS DD is the same, only the consular fees have reduced from 4600 & 2400). They should call up Blue Dart to pick up the packet (cloth lined envelope), which they do it for free.

All these instructions are clear on the website. You are probably too stressed out! Chill out!! I'm going on the 10th for a 14th March interview!

H4 Stamping question At mumabi

Hi! My wife needs to get her H4 visa stamp at Mumbai consulate.
I am trying to get online appointment but Following link
http://www.visa-services.com/interview-online.html
Just show Type of Visa B1/B2. How can I get H4 visa appointment?

I have question related to H4 Stamping in DS-156 Form please answer it.

Also, In DS-156 Form
Section 15: Home address? Which address she can put?( She has been living in USA since last 5 yrs and visiting her parents in India.

Section 24: What address will you stay in US?
I know, She can put my (our) address but wants to confirm.
Section 27: What is purpose of this trip?

Section 28: who will pay for your trip?

Please try to answer.

nileshpatel11 said:
Hi! My wife needs to get her H4 visa stamp at Mumbai consulate.
I am trying to get online appointment but Following link
http://www.visa-services.com/interview-online.html
Just show Type of Visa B1/B2. How can I get H4 visa appointment?

I have question related to H4 Stamping in DS-156 Form please answer it.

Also, In DS-156 Form
Section 15: Home address? Which address she can put?( She has been living in USA since last 5 yrs and visiting her parents in India.

Section 24: What address will you stay in US?
I know, She can put my (our) address but wants to confirm.
Section 27: What is purpose of this trip?

Section 28: who will pay for your trip?

Please try to answer.

Start from 'Working in the US' option. The appointment will be for H/L type visa, with some exclusions (after appointment confirmations) for H4 visa.

Sorry, missed the other q's!

24. Your home address in the US
28. Spouse

I got my appointment confirmations email only yesterday.

Watch this space!

Last edited by a moderator:
need an aapointment for april/may

hi,
i saw that waiting period is 37 days for mumbai consulate.
i tried to get am appt for month of april but there isn't any. only in mjune.
its my brothers wedding n i need to be there.
can any one know some other way of getting appts.
pls , i need help urgently
thnks in adv
niti :confused:

My appointment was on the 14th March at 8:30 AM. I reached there at 7:45 AM, joined the q. People were let in by batches: 8:00AM batch & then the 8:30 AM batch and so on.

I did not take my W2s or pay stubs since it was not specified on the CIS website of VFS website. Interview was a mere formality - she asked me where I was going (Indy), where I worked, what my salary was, and that was that!

I got my stamped PP the next day.

Note: Even though the Murthy website and CIS talks about the US-VISIT program being active in Chicago from Oct or Jan, it wasn't. The machine was idle. Nobody verified anybodys mug or fingerprint or the PP for biometric ID. I was apprehensive, as this was my first visit outside the US since they started all the hassles.

Quite easy going H1 Visa interview at mumbai consulate

Hi friends,
I had very good time yesterday [MARCH 22, 2005], I had interview yesterday.
Interview was quite easy going.
here are details, may be some one will be benifited.

my interview time was 10:30am, I reached by 9:50am at VFS. I seated in a hall [150 rs per person], after few mins. announcement for 10:30 interview.
we took seat in mini bus. bus landed us at US Consulate door, without standing in line, we went inside.
first I picked up one wooden small piece, token no. is written on it.
sicurity check up cleared.
showed my I797 to next table, I was given yellow envelope + pink token. [no. to be called for interview]
went to counter no. 1 where I submited my doc. [passport + questionary + I 797 ].
my finger print was taken.
one portion on pink token was given to me, and was told that I will be annonced by token no.
i seated in hall chair.
after 10 mins. my no. was called.
I went on window 7. a lady consulate was there. i picked up phone to talk with her.

here is conversation.

good morning mam..
hmm...
how are you...
fine thank you.
what company you work for
xxx
what company you work for before
xxx
since how long you are working in your company
since month, year
did you ever been in us before
yes, month & year
have you been ever in other country
yes, month & year
where do you live
usa address
what is your annual salary
xxx
how many employees are ther in your company
xxx
can i see your pay stubs
sure, showen
can i see your w2s
sure mam, showen
what is your full name
xxx xxx xxx
your visa is approved, you will get your passport by main in 2-3 business days and have a nice trip.
thank you very much mam..

consulate looked my docs. pay stubs & w2s very superficially.
interview took 1-1.5 mins but it was like general talking.
nothing special or worring,
all i noticed that your confidence will pay you there, if you panic or hesitate to answer you may encounter few issues.

best of luck, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Dart Office Address in Ahmedabad

Hi,

I got the interim interview date online. My parents are in Ahmedabad so I want to send the application from Ahmedabad. Do any body know the blue dart address in Ahmedabad where they accept visa application.
Your help is appreciated.

Thank you

H1 and H4 visa stamping in Mumbai

I have my current H1 upto Oct. 1 2005. We are applying for H1 extension in April 2005 and hope to get it by June 2005.

I am visiting India in Aug and coming back on Sept. 10, 2005 with plans to get stamping done at Mumbai.

It looks like they are allready giving appointments for July end and till I get my H1 extension appointments in Aug. when I will be their would have gone?

If I take appointment w/o having H1 extension in hand for Aug. end 2005, will it work? Do I have to have address in India to send and received confirmation documents? While confirming appointment after booking interim appointment online, do they need originals or need only copies?

Help.

I believe it is this :
AHMEDABAD
Address BLUE DART EXPRESS LTD
SHALIMAR CO-OP HSG SOC,
NEAR EMBASSY MARKT, GRND FLR
OFF ASHRAM ROAD,
Location AHMEDABAD
Pincode 380008
Telephone 079 - 26588014/9677/9360/7760
Fax 26586195

bmgc said:
I have my current H1 upto Oct. 1 2005. We are applying for H1 extension in April 2005 and hope to get it by June 2005.

I am visiting India in Aug and coming back on Sept. 10, 2005 with plans to get stamping done at Mumbai.

It looks like they are allready giving appointments for July end and till I get my H1 extension appointments in Aug. when I will be their would have gone?

If I take appointment w/o having H1 extension in hand for Aug. end 2005, will it work? Do I have to have address in India to send and received confirmation documents? While confirming appointment after booking interim appointment online, do they need originals or need only copies?

Help.

Did you get any reply (by PM)? You need to send a copy of I-797 along with the interim confirmation letter and I-156 and the photograph. So I guess you will have to wait till you get your approval notice (I-797). And also you have to send it so that they (VFS) get these at least 30 days before the interim appointment date, otherwise the appointment will get canceled automatically.

Originally posted by bmgc:

Help.
------------
I am in the same situation. My current (7th year) H-1 is till October, 2005 and it is not stamped on my passport. I am also applying for 8th year extension and want to get that stamped (which will be till October 2006) when I visit Mumbai in August.
I wrote to: info@visa-services.com asking them about the situation. They asked me to take the interim appointment and send copies of all the documents (current I-797 which is till October 2005). Once I get approval for 8th year extension, I need to send the copy of new I-797 10 days before actual appointment date.
Also pl. note that now they ask for documents within 12 business days after taking interim appointment.
I would suggest that you also write an email to them and get the clarification.
Good Luck :)

PS: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

no july appts?

Hey ngodse,
Where did u find tha appt for July end. I just checked the web site this morning for appts and its showing availability only for Aug 2-11. I was looking for July appts and didn't find any. Could u pls let me know where u found July dates.

thanks,
D S
ngodse said:
Originally posted by bmgc:

Help.
------------
I am in the same situation. My current (7th year) H-1 is till October, 2005 and it is not stamped on my passport. I am also applying for 8th year extension and want to get that stamped (which will be till October 2006) when I visit Mumbai in August.
I wrote to: info@visa-services.com asking them about the situation. They asked me to take the interim appointment and send copies of all the documents (current I-797 which is till October 2005). Once I get approval for 8th year extension, I need to send the copy of new I-797 10 days before actual appointment date.
Also pl. note that now they ask for documents within 12 business days after taking interim appointment.
I would suggest that you also write an email to them and get the clarification.
Good Luck :)

PS: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

is it okay to try to get stamp for 9th year in india?

warko01 or anyone who has done this,

This is vivek, I am also in same situation as of you. as you mentioned that you are in 2nd phase of 6year of H1B and have done visa stamping successfully.

I am in 9th year of H1b and my green card/ labor is pending. Could you please tell for which year did you get the stamping, I mean 7th or 8th ..?

Do you see any risk while trying to get stamping for 9th year?

Anybody please suggest, is it okay to try to get stamp for 9th year?

Please do reply!

thanks,

Looking for an answer to the same question........

iminus said:
Thanks guys for posting the available dates.

Does anyone knoe actually how long does it take after the visa appointment to get the passport back?? I have been hearing that it takes almost 1 1/2 weeks to have it back with the visa stamped in Mumbai. Not sure if this actually is the case.
Would anyone clarify??
Please post your experiences about the Mumbai Consualte experiences.
Thanks.